Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/23/2016 10:19:09 PM EDT
Any idea were I can find a high quality 16" barrel for the AR10, apparently I missed the big sale.....everyone seems to be sold out.....
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 10:22:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Criterion.

-Stooxie
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 10:30:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Criterion.

-Stooxie
View Quote

Thanks, but Armalite please!
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 5:21:17 PM EDT
[#3]
I like Mega's barrels.  Oops...you don't want DPMS.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 9:01:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Criterion.

-Stooxie

Criterion makes great barrels. They will work with Armalite bolt, but you need to check headspace. They are usually tapped for DPMS gas tube length, but custom stuff can be gotten from them.

Krieger, Criterion, Obermeyer, Lilja, Lothar Walther, etc etc.

Worst case scenario, you'll need to get a BAT Machine barrel, or an Armalite barrel extension, new Armalite bolt, and have whatever barrel you want made to spec.

There are not many mass produced parts for the Armalite in the aftermarket. That's a very GOOD thing, so you don't have 10 different companies making stuff that doesn't work, giving your platform a bad rep.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 9:51:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Find a local but good gunsmith to finish a blank of your choice and call it good. That's what I'm going to do when I shoot out my 10T barrel. If you don't have or don't want to do that then Krieger will do an Armalite barrel if you provide them with an extension.

ETA Lothar Walther will do it and they a real good shooters!
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 11:48:29 AM EDT
[#6]
If you're interested in a barrel utilizing a Criterion blank, but optimized for the AR-10, I would suggest contacting Mark Hostetter of Precision Firearms ([email protected]). He can turn our blanks down to any length or contour, and can make them compatible with unique AR patterns and multiple chamber configurations. This would likely be more cost effective than placing a single piece custom factory direct order, as the expenses involved with retooling and setup costs would likely prove fairly significant utilizing our production processes.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top