AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 3:36:14 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Was that the vendor that got banned on the Hide for advertising without permission multiple times?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The barrel mounting design was stolen from another manufacturer and then claimed by DD to be uniquely their own. Falkor Defense I believe.

Maybe the entire pipe-fitting industry stole F&D's ideas too?

http://www.lbindustrialsystems.com/images/LB%20Positive%20Seal%20Ash%20Transfer%20Piping%20System_img_0.jpg

F&D is a sue happy idiot. He sued LWRC and lost a few years ago

Was that the vendor that got banned on the Hide for advertising without permission multiple times?

Probably. The last time he was here they let him roll for a while knowing he was a retread because Mark Larue was fucking with him.

It was glorious

Link Posted: 9/29/2016 11:14:15 AM EDT
[#2]
I saw on their website that they won patent rights from LWRC.
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 4:03:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I saw on their website that they won patent rights from LWRC.
View Quote

According to a post, back when the LWRC lawsuit was raging, they both came to an agreement and the suit was dropped.

Also, the employee that was posting here was terminated for his conduct.
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 4:12:50 PM EDT
[#4]
And FD got the patent rights
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 4:38:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
And FD got the patent rights
View Quote

They were given a license to use the patent, they did not win ownership of the patent.

Eta: original suit filed claimed LWRC did not own the patent. Agreement reached had F&D agree that LWRC is proper owner, in exchange for license.
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 5:58:31 PM EDT
[#6]
So I went and asked about this and FD didn't claim that LWRC didn't own the patent. FD claimed to be a co-inventor.
LWRC then gave FD royalty free licensing of the patent. Judging from that result, sounds like FD had legit claims.
I wonder what DD will do on the 4-bolt deal. Did someone say they were in a lawsuit over it?
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 6:43:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
So I went and asked about this and FD didn't claim that LWRC didn't own the patent. FD claimed to be a co-inventor.
LWRC then gave FD royalty free licensing of the patent. Judging from that result, sounds like FD had legit claims.
I wonder what DD will do on the 4-bolt deal. Did someone say they were in a lawsuit over it?
View Quote

Except for the fact that C_hall himself posted here, informing everyone that he was proceeding with a lawsuit over "correction of ownership" and laid claim to being the sole inventor of the patent.

This is getting way off topic, at this point, but suffice it to say, F&D did not win anything but was granted a license.

The only information I can see, in relation to the DD rail design, is a post on F&D webpage stating that DD pulled from them and that F&D was taking full credit for it, in relation to a magazine article on the DD 308 rifle.

Edit for spelling.
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 6:53:05 PM EDT
[#8]
So in other words, you are confirming that it was a win for FD? They got rights to the patent. I just don't see how that's a loss, correct me if I'm wrong.
From the sound if it, FD is gearing up to challenge DD.
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 7:00:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
So in other words, you are confirming that it was a win for FD? They got rights to the patent. I just don't see how that's a loss, correct me if I'm wrong.
From the sound if it, FD is gearing up to challenge DD.
View Quote

No, it's a win for no one. A win implies it went to court and a judgement was issued. Instead, F&D and LWRC came to an agreement where they stated LWRC has full, and sole, ownership of the patent. LWRC, in return, gave them a license.

Why this happened, no one will know save for the employees that came to the agreement.

Mr. Hall was also terminated, which may have also been part of the agreement.

Your implications that someone may, or may not, have been in the right over the agreement is stretching things. Agreements are struck all the time, when the defending party has no guilt.

Eta: they got a license for the patent, not the full rights/ownership of the patent, which is what was the original goal.
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 7:06:37 PM EDT
[#10]
So FD was then allowed to manufacture those rifles and pay no fees to LWRC? Still sounds like a win to me.
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 7:14:01 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

So FD was then allowed to manufacture those rifles and pay no fees to LWRC? Still sounds like a win to me.
View Quote

A license on a patent is generally paid for.

Seriously, that is your connection to F&D? It's getting quite old
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 7:28:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Hey man, I just like to fact check. I've been told 3 different things from 4 different people.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top