Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 10:52:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Correct.  The PSA and DPMS guns are known to have very high rates of failure.

I have no experience with the Rugers, so can't say.

In the .308 AR world, you really do get what you pay for......
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Correct.  The PSA and DPMS guns are known to have very high rates of failure.

I have no experience with the Rugers, so can't say.

In the .308 AR world, you really do get what you pay for......

My friend and I must be lucky SOBs

I'm not much for running 1000s of rounds though my guns but so far I have not experience any problems with any ARs I have built

I do have a friend that bought the same upper I bought and he put it on a DPMS lower and he and a group of his friends ran about a 1000 rounds though it last weekend.

He has a DD and a Sig 762 and he said he's kind of pissed because the CBC held up great for the money.

He had a few issues with a friend that used reloads but other them that is shot reliably out to 500 yards (max distance at our range)

When I was building AKs and converting Saigas I heard similar stories from a vocal minority, yet I never experienced any of this issues they posted about.

I have an AK Bull Pup with my Custom Quad Rail Conversion Kit mounted on it and I have run at least a 1000 rounds though it and haven't had any issues to date, not even when it was filthy.

Quoted:
I've purchased two Hera keymod rails (ar15 and ar10), as well as a gas tube with a block, and a 308 upper receiver. The finish on the receiver isn't great (bumpy and has that slippery feel of an old school, cast Bushmaster). Gas block is missing screws. AR10 rail barrel nut doesn't let the gas tube through when installed on their upper. I had to file the tube down slightly to avoid cant and extra friction with the gas key. Inserted partially in before tightening the barrel nut down. Neither rail lines up with the receiver. Had to file down dust cover pin for both rails. Keymod slots are slightly out of spec, as I've had a hell of a time putting BCM heat covers on (no issues on 2 other Keymod rails from various manufacturers). Keymod sections by MI, UTG, and Strike Industries install fine, however. I would say the quality is on par with UTG Pro, albeit no striped screws galore. This isn't Chinese ebay garbage but not MI or Geissele either. At 30% off, I feel like it was a fair deal, not a steal.

Please post pics to back this up

I haven't had any of the issues you posted and I have built 5 rifles with the Hera Rails.

Hera parts are not cheap, in fact complete Hera ARs will cost you north of $3000 and from what I have read they are a premium AR, I won't know because I'm not dropping $3k on an AR

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top