Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/5/2016 6:38:12 AM EDT
If anyone purchased a rifle or other items from 2 Vets Arms, this message is for you. 2 VA is going out of business. Contact Dean immediately if you have turned in your weapon for repair and not returned. I returned my weapon to 2VA in January 2016, and it still has not been returned. I spoke to Dean many times, but only to receive empty promises...and no weapon as of today.
Anyone else have any issues? I am looking to move forward legally.
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 7:31:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 9:21:40 AM EDT
[#2]
wow that sucks, this usually only happens with AK builders.....

Link Posted: 8/14/2016 1:43:01 AM EDT
[#3]
I have nothing positive to say about that company.
Link Posted: 8/14/2016 3:13:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Is that the  company that sold sub-DPMS tier rifles at Academy for ridiculous prices?
Link Posted: 8/14/2016 2:21:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is that the  company that sold sub-DPMS tier rifles at Academy for ridiculous prices?
View Quote

Bingo.
Link Posted: 8/16/2016 6:22:11 PM EDT
[#6]
I was selling two of their BCGs and when someone asked (mid July maybe?) what 2Vets Arms was, I figured I'd send them the link. That's when I found out they pulled their FB page and their website. Total fuckery.

Those that are left hanging, I hope it works out for you. If they don't return the item or your money, isn't that a form of theft?
Link Posted: 8/18/2016 10:14:57 PM EDT
[#7]
I had two of those guns chambered in 300 BLK come into my shop in the same day with the same problem. The individual owners came in at different times but told the same story. Couldn't get 2Vet on the phone and other local shops could not make the guns run subs. I took one look at the gas system, told them carbine gas systems are not ideal for subs and offered a solution to their issue.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 12:30:56 PM EDT
[#8]
I bought a Upper from 2 vets and when i was putting the barrel nut when i hit 20lbs the front take down pin snapped, then the threads were screwed up as well.  Dean said the faster you get me the upper the faster ill replace it, this is after we argued and exchanged words.  So i overnighted it.  this was back in September,  i still have no upper, but i have a $350 BCG.  Pieces of shit.  I just tried calling his cell again and its disconnected.  I have all the emails and phone conversations recorded of what his excuses were.
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 10:55:22 AM EDT
[#9]
This is exactly why I will not usually buy from someone who tries to capitalize on service or religion by putting crap like being a veteran or Christian in their company name.  In my six decades of existence, I could count on one hand the number of times that someone who did this with their company's name were actually honest, trustworthy people.

An electrical company locally who advertises as being Christian Owned and doing God's work (I did not know God was an electrician, wonder if God is Union?  I guess not since they are doing God's work.  If they were union the BA would have shut them down for doing someone else's work).  Total sub-standard outfit, they do shoddy work with sub standard and non-trained workers.
A picture frame company who used a synonym for God in their company's name, who would rip you off with crappy workmanship and using sub standard tools to cut their frames.  Then woe be unto you if you complain.
A local gun company who capitalized for a while (they went out of business quickly) about being Christain Veterans.  They got in on both to sell stuff at overly inflated prices and ZERO customer service.  I guess they were so bad that even God and Uncle Sam was not enough to keep them afloat.
Anyone remember the original guy who was selling vaporware .375 Reapers?   He loved to claim he was retired veteran.  Like that made it OK with him ripping off and cursing people.  Wonder if he was a Christian too?

And now this company.

Let this be a warning to you.  You see a company touting being Vets or Christians in their company's name or heavily leaning on being a vet or Christian in their ads, TREAD CAREFULLY.  They are likely neither from my experience.
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 9:10:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Do they have a going-out-of-business sign in the window?
View Quote

Seriously thinking about starting an LLC named "Going out of business!"  and just spend my time flipping other peoples junk.  

I think it has legs...

You need any shelving for your shop?
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 10:46:40 PM EDT
[#11]
I think they already have businesses like that in Louisville KY, usually oriental rug companies.  It seems some of them have been having 'going out of business' sales for decades.  Maybe that is what they have done, put the GOoB in their company's name.  I can see their business license now,  Raul Rugs Inc, DBA: Original Persian Rugs, Going out of Business.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 12:00:03 AM EDT
[#12]
Great...  I guess my rifle is no longer supported.

Link Posted: 9/28/2016 8:11:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I bought a Upper from 2 vets and when i was putting the barrel nut when i hit 20lbs the front take down pin snapped, then the threads were screwed up as well.  Dean said the faster you get me the upper the faster ill replace it, this is after we argued and exchanged words.  So i overnighted it.  this was back in September,  i still have no upper, but i have a $350 BCG.  Pieces of shit.  I just tried calling his cell again and its disconnected.  I have all the emails and phone conversations recorded of what his excuses were.
View Quote

That is NOT how you install a barrel nut and NOT THEIR FAULT.

YOu try liek that, and you get what you get, with no one to blame but yourself.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 8:12:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

<a href="http://s3.photobucket.com/user/jerrellwise/media/Gun%20Pics/DAB26DC0-D7AA-4BBB-9AD1-8FB9A52300D0_zpsr0occo6s.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y95/jerrellwise/Gun%20Pics/DAB26DC0-D7AA-4BBB-9AD1-8FB9A52300D0_zpsr0occo6s.jpg</a>

View Quote

Yep. That's why it's nice to go with successful, espablished companies. Too many fly by night ones since 2012.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 9:19:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Yep. That's why it's nice to go with successful, espablished companies. Too many fly by night ones since 2012.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

<a href="http://s3.photobucket.com/user/jerrellwise/media/Gun%20Pics/DAB26DC0-D7AA-4BBB-9AD1-8FB9A52300D0_zpsr0occo6s.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y95/jerrellwise/Gun%20Pics/DAB26DC0-D7AA-4BBB-9AD1-8FB9A52300D0_zpsr0occo6s.jpg</a>

Its not like they manufactured any parts, they just slapped shit together and threw a label on it.
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 12:10:51 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Any competent AR gun smith can give you all the support you need.
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 12:35:40 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Its not like they manufactured any parts, they just slapped shit together and threw a label on it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

But they would be the support if something goes wrong, whether they are just assemblers or not.

And even worse, most of the assemblers are using junk parts because 'it's all the same stuff.' Yet when the stuff fails, they say 'the parts supplier misrepresented the quality of the parts as 'mil spec''
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 12:39:14 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Bingo.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Bingo.

They were horrible.

We have 1 at my academy. $2300 with a splotchy hydro-dip and mushroomed roll pins and pin pinch nicks.

Took me 6 months to convince the managers to send that shit back.
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 10:54:29 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

They were horrible.
We have 1 at my academy. $2300 with a splotchy hydro-dip and mushroomed roll pins and pin pinch nicks.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bingo.

They were horrible.

I really don't like people/companies using veteran status as a sales pitch or marketing techniques. For many reasons, one being they usually never hold up to the quality you'd expect, just like these whack jobs. Its sad really.
Link Posted: 10/1/2016 7:52:11 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Seriously thinking about starting an LLC named "Going out of business!"  and just spend my time flipping other peoples junk.  

I think it has legs...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Do they have a going-out-of-business sign in the window?

I think it has legs...

That was the name of the store in "Don't Mess With the Zohan" - adam sandler movie.
Link Posted: 10/1/2016 6:43:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Reminds me of a customer service "motivational" video we had to watch at a place I worked years ago.  The fictitious company's motto was, "We're no worse than anybody else..."
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top