BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/27/2016 12:03:02 PM EDT
what springs and buffer are you guys using on a fixed a2 stock
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 7:20:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm running the stock/standard buffer in one with a Tubb flat wire spring.  My other has a standard/stock spring and buffer.  Both barrels are rifle length gas with standard weight BCG's and Syrac GII adjustable gas blocks.  I honestly hadn't planned on putting a Tubb in the one setup, but I fat fingered my order and got two so I thought I'd try it out.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 12:10:43 PM EDT
[#2]
JP silent captured spring with lightest spring from their "builder kit".
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 2:03:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Using the Buffer and Spring that came with a UTG buttstock kit
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 2:31:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Tubbs flat wire and stanard Armalite buffer....
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 2:42:56 PM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Tubbs flat wire and stanard Armalite buffer....
View Quote

Same, though I would have no problem using a stock Armalite spring.  I just had an extra Tubb 308 spring.

If you need a heavier buffer, you can add some tungsten weights to the Armalite 308 rifle buffer.

Stock buffer at 5.4oz:

With three tungsten weights from an Armalite H3 buffer:

Link Posted: 7/28/2016 6:29:01 PM EDT
[#6]
I run an adjustable gas block on mine, i swear the block and the Tubbs tames the .308 to anout .223 levels. All my ARs have the Tubbs flat wire spring, there is an 18 minute video on youtube where he shows the differnce between flat wire, g.i. and springco. Pretty interesting.....
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top