AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 12:38:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

^^^^^  5.56 NATO uses hard primers.

Standard AR15 hammer spring weight is pretty heavy for a trigger.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why are you disappointed ? They clearly state that their springs will be sufficient with military ammunition.

^^^^^  5.56 NATO uses hard primers.

Standard AR15 hammer spring weight is pretty heavy for a trigger.

Russian stuff is harder yet.  I don't know how the smaller round compares but it is common for 7.62x39 AR's to require an enhanced firing pin and/or a heavier hammer spring to set off the harder primers vs .223/5.56 rifles.  Usually the firing pin is enough on its own.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 1:05:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
What military specification describes a trigger like the one BCM is selling?
View Quote

Looks like a Geissele-ALG Defense ACT with an NP3 coating.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 4:45:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 5:00:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

There reply was in line with what they are selling, its you that cannot understand it.

AR parts that are "mil spec" are expected to work with 5.56/,223, not a wildcat, as 5.56 is what the gun is designed around.

They cannot tell you the specs on something they didn't design it for and especially with the hodge-podge parts you have.

BTW the primers are not "harder" the anvil is shorter/less compound, hence just file off the tail of the bolt if you want russian ammo to work in your gun without messing with the hammer springs.

"widely known fact"

if you use that term, you might want to know the facts yourself

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What do you mean "why wouldn't I know"?  I'm not supposed to know.  When you're considering components for your build, don't you want to know their specs?  It isn't my responsibility to know their specs, it's their responsibility to provide them.  These components all look virtually the same, right?  How can you know off the top of your head what one manufacturer's specs are if you don't ask them.  That's what I was doing, asking them, and their reply was bogus, frankly.

There reply was in line with what they are selling, its you that cannot understand it.

AR parts that are "mil spec" are expected to work with 5.56/,223, not a wildcat, as 5.56 is what the gun is designed around.

They cannot tell you the specs on something they didn't design it for and especially with the hodge-podge parts you have.

Quoted:
, when it's a widely known fact that harder primers, milspec or not, cause misfires when hammer tension isn't sufficient. Primer hardness is not "irrelevant" if you know what you are talking about.

BTW the primers are not "harder" the anvil is shorter/less compound, hence just file off the tail of the bolt if you want russian ammo to work in your gun without messing with the hammer springs.

"widely known fact"

if you use that term, you might want to know the facts yourself

You seem to think you just won the internet or something.

The primers are harder to ignite than standard primers.

Link Posted: 7/28/2016 5:03:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Not all companies' customer service is the same. I have found BCM's lacking in the past. My suggestion is to just go with one of the other 8 companies that responded.
View Quote

I agree

I like BCM products and own many of them

In this instance their answer was lacking, and the wording was suspect

Link Posted: 7/28/2016 8:41:47 PM EDT
[#6]
OP, my 5.45 upper (Huldra-labeled, made by Adams Arms) runs just dandy with a run-of-the-mill LPK trigger.  Nothing special needed to fire spam-canned 5.45 all day, every day.

Have you asked LWRC if their firing pin is sized for ComBloc military, 7N6, corrosively primed ammunition, and not just the commercial stuff (with non-corrosive primers) that's imported just for us crazy 'Mericans?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top