Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 7:04:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

nice, mines going to be used to spank steel.

I'm thinking a 6x SWFA mil quad
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
what optic is everyone going to run on these?

This.

I plan on using it for a hunting pistol.

Its over half off, 2x is weak enough for up close shots and 10x is more than enough any shot I would be comfortable taking on an animal.

nice, mines going to be used to spank steel.

I'm thinking a 6x SWFA mil quad

12.5" lilja here but I'm going to use a 2.5-10x44 vortex viper pst I picked up for $250 last year.
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 10:10:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Yeah I'd be in for at least one. These specs look great. I'd say skip the fluting as well.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Here is what I am narrowing down to.

• Barrel length: 12.5
• Barrel profile: Medium, Socom, M4 need feedback on this, might do flutes but that would cost more.
• Carbine gas system
• Gas-block diameter: 0.750"
• Gas-port diameter: 0.078"
• Muzzle threads: 5/8 x 24
• 11-degree target crown
• Barrel steel: 4150 CMV
• Inside finish: QPQ nitride
• Outside finish: QPQ nitride
• 6.5 Grendel, SAAMI chamber, headspaced for 0.136" boltface depth
• 5R-groove
• Rifling twist: 1:7.5
• M4-style barrel extension
• Magnetic particle inspected

Looks darned good! I'd prefer medium profile and would skip the fluting.

+2

+3

Yeah I'd be in for at least one. These specs look great. I'd say skip the fluting as well.

+5  Count me in
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 12:07:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Interested if price is right.
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 2:16:54 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm in for a 12.5.  

Not too light, running suppressed.
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 11:18:58 AM EDT
[#5]
numbers are in everyone. I am about to put this in final print.
Keep an eye out I should have this listed today!
Nathan is awesome
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 3:15:49 PM EDT
[#6]
*****************************************************************************************************
*****************************************************************************************************
Specs are official.
Below are the finals. Now, these will be shipped directly to me in bulk and I will ship out to the interested parties.
We need an order of 50 min to get this to Faxon. I need payment in full to start production.
Cost is 207.00 each, shipping is free and will be priority mail with confirmation, unless in AK or HI, then increased shipping by 10 dollars..All interested parties may message me and contact information will be provided. I will also have a doc for you to sign for the order. All sales are final due to this being a custom group order. I will keep this site up to date with information on timing and the current number ordered. Payment is via cashier's or personal check. I will also post this on the Grendel Forum site as well in the coming days.
Thanks all and lets get these done before November!
• Barrel length: 12.5
• Barrel profile: Medium.
• Carbine gas system
• Gas-block diameter: 0.750"
• Gas-port diameter: 0.078"
• Muzzle threads: 5/8 x 24
• 11-degree target crown
• Barrel steel: 4150 CMV
• Inside finish: QPQ nitride
• Outside finish: QPQ nitride
• 6.5 Grendel, SAAMI chamber, headspaced for 0.136" boltface depth
• 5R-groove
• Rifling twist: 1:7.5
• M4-style barrel extension
• Magnetic particle inspected
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 6:39:42 AM EDT
[#7]
In. Send me a form please.
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 9:38:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Outstandimg. PMed you sir.
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 10:52:37 AM EDT
[#9]
sent 1
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 12:20:49 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm in for one. IM incoming for the form.
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 2:29:19 PM EDT
[#11]
+ 5
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 3:22:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Did you get my IM?
Need the doc and contact info

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 3:28:32 PM EDT
[#13]
IMd back bro
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 3:45:35 PM EDT
[#14]
+1 !!!
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 4:03:00 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm in for one as well, exactly what I was looking for in a 6.5G barrel.
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 4:18:19 PM EDT
[#16]
send me IMs
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 10:38:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Im in...send form please.

IM sent.
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 10:53:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Specs look good and Faxon makes great stuff.
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 8:11:33 AM EDT
[#19]
For the benefit of all interested parties, I have the following questions:

1.  Does Faxon have an estimated time frame for delivery?  I know your post mentioned November, but does this assume that we get 50 barrels ordered by today, tomorrow, or next month?

2.  Mnwhiskeyman - you are handling/receiving "group buy" funds?  If so, and I don't want to sound crass here, but it might be prudent to contact site staff and get approval for an official group buy.  I do not doubt that you are an upstanding and honorable person, but it would go a long way to relieve some purchase anxiety for those who are about to send, for lack of a better term, some stranger hundreds of dollars.  Again, please do not take this the wrong way because I've been in your shoes and it is a tiresome and often thankless job.  Having said that, a sincere "Thank You" for all of the leg work you've done so far.

ETA: Meant to ask a third question....

3. Whose reamer are they using?

On a personal note, depending upon the answers to my questions/statements above I will be sending payment for three (3) barrels.

Godspeed,
Chase
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 11:12:37 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
For the benefit of all interested parties, I have the following questions:

1.  Does Faxon have an estimated time frame for delivery?  I know your post mentioned November, but does this assume that we get 50 barrels ordered by today, tomorrow, or next month?

2.  Mnwhiskeyman - you are handling/receiving "group buy" funds?  If so, and I don't want to sound crass here, but it might be prudent to contact site staff and get approval for an official group buy.  I do not doubt that you are an upstanding and honorable person, but it would go a long way to relieve some purchase anxiety for those who are about to send, for lack of a better term, some stranger hundreds of dollars.  Again, please do not take this the wrong way because I've been in your shoes and it is a tiresome and often thankless job.  Having said that, a sincere "Thank You" for all of the leg work you've done so far.

ETA: Meant to ask a third question....

3. Whose reamer are they using?

On a personal note, depending upon the answers to my questions/statements above I will be sending payment for three (3) barrels.

Godspeed,
Chase
View Quote

All of this
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 11:20:27 AM EDT
[#21]
I'm happy to put my name on a list, but want the same questions answered before a penny leaves my hand. I'm happy to preorder and prepay with more assurances, but i'm happy that someone is running with this, as these are the exact specs I'm looking for in a 6.5G barrel
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 11:22:42 AM EDT
[#22]
I appreciate the questions.
No estimated time right now. They are doing a 16in group buy now for the Grendel, so they have the tooling. Once I have over 50 I think I can get the time narrowed down. My goal is to get the order in no later than the end of the month.
I am letting the AR15.com team know about the group buy and if they need anything else from me. I don't want to tick anyone off here.
Nathan just got back to me on the Reamers
We use PTG reamers, typically. If it’s a SAAMI spec chamber, it’s a compliant reamer.
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 11:34:34 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
No estimated time right now. They are doing a 16in group buy now for the Grendel, so they have the tooling. Once I have over 50 I think I can get the time narrowed down. My goal is to get the order in no later than the end of the month.
I am letting the AR15.com team know about the group buy and if they need anything else from me. I don't want to tick anyone off here.
We use PTG reamers, typically. If it’s a SAAMI spec chamber, it’s a compliant reamer.
View Quote

Well... PTG has had issues in the past with reamers NOT being SAAMI-spec. Really, Faxon should be using Manson reamers for best results.
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 11:45:19 AM EDT
[#24]
I will let him know ASAP
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 3:25:45 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Well... PTG has had issues in the past with reamers NOT being SAAMI-spec. Really, Faxon should be using Manson reamers for best results.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If memory serves me correctly, wasn't PTG making some reamers....."the way it should have been designed".....

I could be misremembering....
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 11:57:02 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

If memory serves me correctly, wasn't PTG making some reamers....."the way it should have been designed".....

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, not even in other chamberings.

This is just me personally, but when a gunsmith starts trying to convince me to use a PTG reamer in any chambering, I walk.

Had too many problems with:

.308 Winchester  (throat way too short, walls too tight on one, throat too long on another)
5.56 NATO  (not 5.56 NATO, throat too short)
.223 Wylde (not .223 Wylde, throat too short)
.264 WTH? (said it was SAAMI 6.5 Grendel, it wasn't, screwed our entire group buy of 86 barrels with some unknown quantity chamber using .295" neck, super long freebore than no AR15 magazine can accomodate, parallel throat without compound leade)

I had a smith tell me he was going to use a .338 Federal reamer from PTG.  I said no deal, and walked.  He's no longer working there.

Manson has never let me down.  I have limited experience with JGS, but it was good.
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 1:55:53 AM EDT
[#27]
Im inclined to follow your lead from all my time spent on this site.
Besides you understand the Fin mindset.
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 9:36:53 AM EDT
[#28]
thanks LRRPF52
I have a question into Nathan now about that
thanks
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 9:39:46 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 9:45:50 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 2:07:03 PM EDT
[#31]
Thank you Nathan
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 2:10:27 PM EDT
[#32]
Appreciate the response from Faxon
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 5:39:06 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Please know that we absolutely will stand behind the work. If there is an issue with any part of workmanship, myself and the Faxon team will ensure that it corrected, all the way to manufacturing new barrels (if needed).

I don't expect there to be any issues (were really good at barrels), but know that "sales are final" does not mean "as delivered quality is final.".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Specs are official.
All sales are final due to this being a custom group order. I will keep this site up to date with information on timing and the current number ordered. Payment is via cashier's or

Please know that we absolutely will stand behind the work. If there is an issue with any part of workmanship, myself and the Faxon team will ensure that it corrected, all the way to manufacturing new barrels (if needed).

I don't expect there to be any issues (were really good at barrels), but know that "sales are final" does not mean "as delivered quality is final.".

Worth quoting.  Very rare does a company say this, and mean this.  Your post seems genuine and should you truly operate this way - bravo.  You will be getting my business.
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 1:49:47 AM EDT
[#34]
That's very good indeed..and real nice to hear from Faxon.
Makes me feel better.
Link Posted: 8/7/2016 12:52:40 PM EDT
[#35]
Orders are coming in good keep them up
Link Posted: 8/7/2016 5:22:05 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Orders are coming in good keep them up
View Quote

Emailed you again sir. Cause I suck and deleted the last message from you.
Link Posted: 8/8/2016 9:42:28 AM EDT
[#37]
email sent bro
Link Posted: 8/8/2016 2:02:55 PM EDT
[#38]
now on specific group buy area

https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_7_121/1573019_.html&page=1
Link Posted: 8/8/2016 5:00:08 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 8/8/2016 9:17:36 PM EDT
[#40]
I'm in, what bolt is everyone using..better yet who does Faxon recommend? Group buy on bolts?
Link Posted: 8/9/2016 11:03:52 AM EDT
[#41]
Faxon can do them but for it to be cost effective I think they would a min order of about 500
I can check
Link Posted: 8/9/2016 11:28:55 AM EDT
[#42]
just an fyi to email me for the doc order form
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 10:44:11 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I'm in, what bolt is everyone using..better yet who does Faxon recommend? Group buy on bolts?
View Quote

AA bolt
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 11:08:26 AM EDT
[#44]
spot on Fin
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 1:13:49 PM EDT
[#45]
Funds n stuff sent.

ETA:

Once these are in I'm going to need someone to chrono Wolf steel case through em and share the data.

Link Posted: 8/10/2016 2:14:29 PM EDT
[#46]
I'll know more in the coming week, lots of sent by mail. I will have a full total by Friday at that point.
Keep an eye out
Link Posted: 8/16/2016 7:53:42 AM EDT
[#47]
Form and stuff in the mail today finally.
Link Posted: 8/16/2016 10:49:32 AM EDT
[#48]
rcvd two all ready in the mail I expect more in this week.
Link Posted: 8/16/2016 10:50:32 AM EDT
[#49]
****************************************************************************************
****************************************************************************************
Attention all: There is a change in the rifle twist rate. It will be 1/8. Sorry but the 1/7.5 is a custom and is not available at this time. If anyone sent payment and form already and does not wish to proceed let me know and I will send it back to you no sweat. I am sorry for any hiccup or misunderstanding this might have caused. Thanks
Link Posted: 8/16/2016 11:58:07 AM EDT
[#50]
I wanna see some sick pics when this is all said and done
Page / 5
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top