Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/24/2016 4:21:02 PM EDT
Currently have a chance at a DPMS GII Bull and its so cheap its crazy BUT it has no BCG. I have tried to search everywhere and cant find a BCG or something that will work. Anyone steer the right way or have experience with this issue??
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 6:18:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I dont think DPMS is even selling G2 parts yet, may be able to contact them and order directly.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 8:55:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Better make sure you can get one first, probably the reason it is so cheap.

I hope they will catch up/get ahead of production and start selling parts.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 9:09:45 PM EDT
[#3]
I think I'd pass
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 6:07:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Look on there website, they have bolts.I would send it to them to have it headspaced.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 10:39:27 AM EDT
[#5]
The bolts show as out of stock. Only bolt component on the website in stock is the ejector spring.

If the gun minus bolt was $200, and you are a patient type, that would still be a steal, if you had to wait two or three years to finish it. :)
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 11:49:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Whatever you do, don't sent a G2 in for service or parts. They are horrible. My rifle has been with them for almost 6 months. No ETA on getting it returned.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 12:35:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Whatever you do, don't sent a G2 in for service or parts. They are horrible. My rifle has been with them for almost 6 months. No ETA on getting it returned.
View Quote

That's a downright shame.  This seems to be the issue with the GII that may keep it from being the next great thing in big caliber AR's.  An affordable, slimmed down, lighter AR10-style rifle is what most people want.  I think DPMS might be sitting on a gold mine if it weren't for these frequent, niggling problems that many report.  Who in the heck is making the big decisions at Remington/DPMS or whatever to give what appears to be a potentially great platform such a black eye?

Whoever it is, perhaps they need to be shot with a GII...or something with more reliability.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 12:37:20 PM EDT
[#8]
I thought the G2 uses the same pattern BCG?
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 12:39:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:  I thought the G2 uses the same pattern BCG?
View Quote

In order to lose the weight, the upper and lower receivers were shortened, as was the bolt carrier.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 1:12:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Like the LWRC Six8, the DPMS GII while being a great rifle has a huge burden to overcome with the dominance of existing form factor AR-10's.

My Compact Hunter (16" barrel) weighs about what a typical AR-15 does and is plenty accurate for where I will use it.  Having a lightweight .308 that hits hard against feral hogs while being light enough to 'walk around' with is super sweet in my book.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 1:16:54 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Currently have a chance at a DPMS GII Bull and its so cheap its crazy BUT it has no BCG. I have tried to search everywhere and cant find a BCG or something that will work. Anyone steer the right way or have experience with this issue??
View Quote

My advice is don't buy it.
 You won't be able to put it into service unless you cannibalize another rifle.  Parts are non-existent for these rifles.

The 24" bull barrel model is not balanced at all for off-hand shooting either.  At a minimum it needs a butt weight and then it is still best on a bipod or rested on a pipe fence in my case.

Link Posted: 7/26/2016 10:44:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I thought the G2 uses the same pattern BCG?
View Quote

The GII BCG is way different, the gas key is built into the carrier for one thing, no bolts to stake or leak, but not even close to any of the other 308 BCGs out there dimension wise. I have one of the GII 20" hunters and it's great, but not anything like the AP4 308 DPMS  I had other than mag compatibility.

If you want a GII, buy the whole rifle, at least for the time being. Just my honest opinion.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 6:49:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Have a GII Hunter that came with a 20" barrel. It has been a pure joy over the last year and a half. Set it up for 3 gun Heavy Metal. Had barrel cut, adjustable gas block, MI handguard, Hiperfire trigger, stock, grip, etc... Could go on for days. As others have mentioned, if you can get a bolt, do it! Thankful I haven't been plagued with issues, as others have alluded to. You're mileage may vary.

" />
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top