Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/29/2016 9:20:42 PM EDT
I've had the rifle for about three months now and this followup video is the full review as well as answers some questions I've had and testing some various milsurp magazines and a Chinese drum.

Link Posted: 4/30/2016 4:30:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for posting and the info.

Not much out there on these, and CMMG's forum is a ghost town.
Link Posted: 6/5/2016 6:39:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the review.  I'm really looking hard at one of these.  Reliable magazines are my biggest worry.  I had an AK47 years ago but got rid of it. I've been running AR's since the late 80's.  Oh, and what vest is that you have in the vid and where did you get it?
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 11:51:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks for the review.  

Oh, and what vest is that you have in the vid and where did you get it?
View Quote

Glad you liked it, thank you.
It's a Warrior Assault Systems DCS with lvl3+ lightweight AR500 armor I picked up from AR500armor.com I added the HSGI TACO pouches to it, I got it slick so I could customize it how I wanted.  Been a good carrier so far, I ran it in a lvl 2 carbine class towards the end of last year. It did well.  I'll also run a Banshee in Wolf Gray with full sized lvl3+ plates but that's my home defense setup, I use TACO's with it as well.
Link Posted: 6/7/2016 7:05:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

It's a Warrior Assault Systems DCS with lvl3+ lightweight AR500 armor I picked up from AR500armor.com I added the HSGI TACO pouches to it, I got it slick so I could customize it how I wanted.  Been a good carrier so far, I ran it in a lvl 2 carbine class towards the end of last year. It did well.  I'll also run a Banshee in Wolf Gray with full sized lvl3+ plates but that's my home defense setup, I use TACO's with it as well.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thanks for the review.  

Oh, and what vest is that you have in the vid and where did you get it?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/7/2016 7:38:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Nice review. I picked up the pistol version of this firearm a couple of months ago to SBR it. Looking forward to running it through its paces.
Link Posted: 6/12/2016 10:47:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Want!!!!
Link Posted: 6/13/2016 7:37:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Ok, I just ordered mine.  Question.  Have you run any Golden Tiger 124 gr. Russian ammo through it?  I've got a bit of it and went to order more and they now state:

Notice: We recommend this ammo for use in SKS and AK-47 type rifles only. AR15 and Mini-30 Rifles may require a heavier hammer spring for reliable ignition.

If you have, did you have any problems?  I really like this stuff because the bullet and primer are sealed, and the bullet is a FMJBT.  Yep, boat tail.  Been really accurate out of my SKS and my old AK, just wondering?
Link Posted: 6/16/2016 5:37:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Still no rifle.  Called the shop today.  The owner apologized, said it will go out tomorrow.   Said things have been going nuts since.the Orlando shooting.  I said yup.  Can't wait to get it.
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 6:09:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Finally got here!  I added a Badger tactical latch, buis, an Aimpoint Pro, and my 3X magnifier.  Ended up taking the magnifier off.  Before taking it off, I did some accuracy tests from a Caldwell Lead Sled.  I was shooting Winchesters new PDX1 Defender rounds.  It ended up shooting 2.3 inches at 100 yrds with this stuff.  (not bad for a red dot) That Ammo is a Split Core, Bonded hollow point in a nickelled case.  On the box it says Low Flash, but I didn't shoot it at night so really can't say.  I got this stuff at about a buck a round.  Not your plinking ammo by any means!

When I ordered the rifle, I ordered a bunch of the polish mags from AIM.  I have not tried them all, but so far no problems what so ever.  I also have several of the Magpul MOE mags in 20 and 30.  And I picked up one Tapco 20 rounder.  That is the only mag that I have problems with.  It won't seat all the way.  So I either toss it or file it.  Either way it will be a range only gun.  The six 20 round Magpul's I tried all have been flawless.  I've got a couple Romanian drums on the way and a couple Hungarian 20 rounders to try.  I read somewhere that the Huns don't work well.  We shall see.  And I ran about 200 rounds of Tiger Ammo from Sgammo this morning without a problem.

With all the expense I just went with a Condor chest rig for now.  The rifle, optics, mags, and ammo dented the check book pretty good.  So far, no complaints.
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 9:23:58 PM EDT
[#10]

Here's a pic of how it's currently configured
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top