Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 3:06:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Would you care to share any information on the procurement of a 6.5mm G2 barrel?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have G2s in both .308 and 6.5 Creedmoor in addition to a 6.5 Grendel.

G2 6.5 Creedmoor elk taken with a single shot @ 400yds

Would you care to share any information on the procurement of a 6.5mm G2 barrel?

I can answer that.

Buy a G2. Have a gunsmith strip the barrel extension off the barrel and thread it onto a new blank. Voila. It's just money.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 1:12:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Ive contemplated this very same question many times over i.e. 308 vs 6.5 C vs 6.5G and I'm going with the Grendel.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 9:53:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have G2s in both .308 and 6.5 Creedmoor in addition to a 6.5 Grendel.

G2 6.5 Creedmoor elk taken with a single shot @ 400yds

The gun has "Wyoming Arms" plastered all over it.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 3:18:08 AM EDT
[#4]
G2 in a 6.5mm chambering, best of both worlds.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 11:38:08 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

That's my thought, too.  Light(er) weight than most of the AR-10 types (and close to most of the AR-15's), probably a bit better "1-rifle" setup than the Grendel, as long as elk-sized critters are involved in the equation.  If I was just looking to punch paper up through deer, the Grendel is looking to be a lower-headache solution, especially with the Wolf steel-cased ammo available.  

Quoted:

Quoted:

I can answer that.

Buy a G2. Have a gunsmith strip the barrel extension off the barrel and thread it onto a new blank. Voila. It's just money.
Already have the G2 in AP4 configuration, but I'd prefer to keep the functioning .308 barrel in a usable state.  Trying to find a .260R/6.5C barrel to install, if not a complete upper assy.

Quoted:

The gun has "Wyoming Arms" plastered all over it.
I don't know about "plastered all over", but when I look closely, it is legible in the pic with the steel target.  Thanks for pointing it out - info request has been sent.  

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top