BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 5/15/2016 8:54:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Took mine out today for a test drive and had some issues with it.  Rounds were not ejecting always and when they were it seemed like they were only falling a foot or two away from the rifle.

Here is a cold link to my Photobucket of the AR10 having issues every few rounds with ejecting the spent casing.

http://vid1052.photobucket.com/albums/s444/brendanb4381/IMG_1700_zpsib7lijix.mp4

This happened with 2 20 rd Pmags and 1 25 rd Pmag.  We were shooting Privi 145 grn FMJ and surplus Australian 7.62 Ball ammo.

When I got home and checked out the BCG it seemed pretty dry and the bolt didn't want to move easily within the bolt carrier.

I know we are supposed to break these in with making sure the BCG is dripping wet and I sprayed the BCG down a couple times with Remington Oil but never made sure anything was in sprayed between the bolt and carrier (I forgot to do this was running way behind this morning getting ready).  

From others experiences with this platform can this cause this type of problem?  I won't be able to take it out again for about a month but I will be using Tetra Gun Grease on the bolt, carrier and everything inside the upper receiver in which the BCG will be making contact with to make sure it is lubed as much as possible.

I am using a buffer spring and buffer from Palmetto State Armory and I do wonder if this could also be leading to an issue.  It is the PS PA10 carbine buffer spring and the PSA H-Buffer.
Link Posted: 5/15/2016 10:46:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Took mine out today for a test drive and had some issues with it.  Rounds were not ejecting always and when they were it seemed like they were only falling a foot or two away from the rifle.

Here is a cold link to my Photobucket of the AR10 having issues every few rounds with ejecting the spent casing.

http://vid1052.photobucket.com/albums/s444/brendanb4381/IMG_1700_zpsib7lijix.mp4

This happened with 2 20 rd Pmags and 1 25 rd Pmag.  We were shooting Privi 145 grn FMJ and surplus Australian 7.62 Ball ammo.

When I got home and checked out the BCG it seemed pretty dry and the bolt didn't want to move easily within the bolt carrier.

I know we are supposed to break these in with making sure the BCG is dripping wet and I sprayed the BCG down a couple times with Remington Oil but never made sure anything was in sprayed between the bolt and carrier (I forgot to do this was running way behind this morning getting ready).  

From others experiences with this platform can this cause this type of problem?  I won't be able to take it out again for about a month but I will be using Tetra Gun Grease on the bolt, carrier and everything inside the upper receiver in which the BCG will be making contact with to make sure it is lubed as much as possible.

I am using a buffer spring and buffer from Palmetto State Armory and I do wonder if this could also be leading to an issue.  It is the PS PA10 carbine buffer spring and the PSA H-Buffer.
View Quote

I installed the same buffer/spring combo from PSA.  Did not have those issues.  Mine was ejecting from 2-3 oclock 5ish feet away with ZQI once I removed the brass catch.  I sprayed CLP all over the bolt and internals before running it.  Unfortunately I thought I'd get to shoot it again this weekend to test it past the inital 50 rounds but ran out of time and had to just plink some rounds through the XT22 in the back.  Fun...but no AR10.  
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 4:15:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I installed the same buffer/spring combo from PSA.  Did not have those issues.  Mine was ejecting from 2-3 oclock 5ish feet away with ZQI once I removed the brass catch.  I sprayed CLP all over the bolt and internals before running it.  Unfortunately I thought I'd get to shoot it again this weekend to test it past the inital 50 rounds but ran out of time and had to just plink some rounds through the XT22 in the back.  Fun...but no AR10.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I decided today I am gonna just upgrade the BGC to one of KAK Industries Dual Ejector 308 BCGs and swap out the carbine stock setup for the PSA PA10 rifle tube/spring/buffer setup and slap on one of the Magpul AR10 PRS Stocks on it.

This next time around it better work perfectly or else.  I am gonna even lube up the BCG and receiver with the tears of liberals.    
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 6:30:44 PM EDT
[#4]
While I haven't ordered it yet, I think i'm going with the PRS for mine as well.  I did snag an SSA on sale.  Still looking for glass.
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 12:02:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Finally got the chance to unload all the mags and ammo that we took out Sunday and I actually only put 1 20 rd PMag and 1 25 rd PMag through it.  Went back and looked at video of myself and my brother in law each shooting a mag through it and there was 4 times out of 45 rounds in which a spent casing didn't clear the gun completely upon ejection but was snagged as pictured in the video as the BCG was chambering the next round.

We didn't have the ability to do any sort of bench shooting so every shot was taken either standing up attempting to lay out in a prone position on a wet and somewhat muddy field or sitting and kneeling.  I was originally trying to go with the carbine 6 position buffer tube type setup (Palmetto State Armory PA10 buffer tube kit) with a Magpul ACS-L stock (which I like a lot on a couple of my go to AR15s) but damn did this not really feel that comfortable up against my shoulder nor did it really feel 100% rock solid on an AR10 compared to an AR15.

I am hoping the PRS on a rifle buffer tube will feel like a rock solid setup.  Now I am off to the EE to throw up for sale the PA10 Buffer Tube Kit and Pro-Fab BCG which have a total of 45 rounds through them.  
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 12:57:33 AM EDT
[#6]
I wanted a PRS initially but it was a little spendy...not to mention Heavy on an already HEAVY rifle. Ended up with an STR. If you want to bench it and are willing to cough up the coin, the PRS looks like a solid setup.
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 9:46:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Put another 70 rounds through mine today. No issues.  God damn I don't know why I didn't build an AR10 sooner. This is absolutely my favorite rifle.  I was shooting a 10"plate at 150 and then 200 yards. 150 was a cinch with zqi. Spread was 4-6". Popped a 20 round group and it was 7inches. When I moved to 200 the zqi fared alright on a cool barrel. I'd be on plate with a 10rd magpul center of aim and all over the plate. When the barrel heats up however, I started missing...a lot. I could play with zqi on my silhouette at this range but I'm not sure how much farther I could push that bullet with great accuracy. Need to try some heavier loads but loving this thing.

ETA: Looking at the pic I have looks like my scope hits zqi low at the 200 hash. Will have to pull up the drop chart for my scope again to confirm. Ran into dusk again towards the end so it was my range session. Will adjust next time if shooting here. Always on a time crunch.
Link Posted: 6/2/2016 11:39:21 AM EDT
[#8]
I budget built this one last week.
The trigger is a RA-140 SST, a B5 Bravo Sopmod stock, Burris scope mount, and Primary Arms scope. Lower build kit is from PSA.
Total investment is around $1350.

Link Posted: 6/2/2016 1:57:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I budget built this one last week.
The trigger is a RA-140 SST, a B5 Bravo Sopmod stock, Burris scope mount, and Primary Arms scope. Lower build kit is from PSA.
Total investment is around $1350.

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p114/Etown_RS/Kalish%20Things/DC66DBBB-5CD1-4546-9579-C307031860A3_zpsy3n01wa1.jpg
View Quote

You have a chance to use one of those Rise Armament triggers yet?  They are very smooth for being single stage.  I have one in my build also and also now in 2 of my AR15s.
Link Posted: 6/2/2016 3:14:48 PM EDT
[#10]
I've ran about 45 rounds through it. I like it, especially compared to a Milspec trigger. I've not shot for groups yet, but I'll report back when I do.
Link Posted: 6/2/2016 7:41:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I've ran about 45 rounds through it. I like it, especially compared to a Milspec trigger. I've not shot for groups yet, but I'll report back when I do.
View Quote

Let us know how the PA scope works out.  Your build is very similar mine, but I am using a Luth-AR stock.
Link Posted: 6/12/2016 9:50:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Built mine a few weeks ago.  Wanted to pass along a couple of things learned the hard way.  Used a 308 kit from PSA for the Alex stripped lower.  Once I started the build I noticed the pins included with the PSA lower lit were too short.  This made me wonder if either I had received AR15 pins in the kit as an error (and doubt the buffer/spring as well) or if PSA uses the same length pins as an AR15.  I ordered DPMS 308 pins from Grafs to finish the bid and took it to the range just to see if it would cycle.  No issues with 7 rounds just shooting into a dirt bank.  Did notice that the gun had quite a bit of slop between the upper and lower which led me back to the pins.  The DPMS pins I had ordered had a bit of a flat bottom to them which allowed a small gap /rattle between the upper and lower.  I ordered the ones from Alex Pro and they were noticeably more rounded.  Swapped them out and much much better fit.  Have a set of weaver rings holding a 5-25 weaver scope.  Have yet to dial it in.  So far I am impressed.  Build was quite a bit of fun.
Link Posted: 6/12/2016 9:58:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Built mine a few weeks ago.  Wanted to pass along a couple of things learned the hard way.  Used a 308 kit from PSA for the Alex stripped lower.  Once I started the build I noticed the pins included with the PSA lower lit were too short.  This made me wonder if either I had received AR15 pins in the kit as an error (and doubt the buffer/spring as well) or if PSA uses the same length pins as an AR15.  I ordered DPMS 308 pins from Grafs to finish the bid and took it to the range just to see if it would cycle.  No issues with 7 rounds just shooting into a dirt bank.  Did notice that the gun had quite a bit of slop between the upper and lower which led me back to the pins.  The DPMS pins I had ordered had a bit of a flat bottom to them which allowed a small gap /rattle between the upper and lower.  I ordered the ones from Alex Pro and they were noticeably more rounded.  Swapped them out and much much better fit.  Have a set of weaver rings holding a 5-25 weaver scope.  Have yet to dial it in.  So far I am impressed.  Build was quite a bit of fun.
View Quote

I used the ebay pins. My fit between upper/ lower is excellent.  I'm up to 250ish rounds with no failures. Love the rifle.
Link Posted: 6/13/2016 2:57:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Hey guys, has anybody used just the stripped lower as a starting point and then built out an upper from a different manufacturer? Is that possible with this lower? I am wanting an aero M5 upper, or perhaps a Midwest or something, but this seems like a nice way to go on the lower receiver. I'm just not sure about compatibility issues between this lower and other uppers?
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 11:53:28 AM EDT
[#15]
These are interesting to me. Appears that either a carbine or rifle length buffer assembly are usable, correct?
OP mentioned a '.308' buffer, is that recommended/necessary?

Link Posted: 6/14/2016 4:47:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Alexandria Profab is the manufacture and designer of the upper and rail system.  It is also the company that started Alex Pro Firearms.  The owner of Alex Pro Firearms is a son to the owner of Profab.  These parts are all overstock and excess material but are new and not returns that is why they are priced so well.  This price will be going away as the extra materials are consumed.  Also there will be a few new uppers launched by Profab through Aim so keep watching for them.  You can also buy the rail kit from Aim.
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 7:44:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Alexandria Profab is the manufacture and designer of the upper and rail system.  It is also the company that started Alex Pro Firearms.  The owner of Alex Pro Firearms is a son to the owner of Profab.  These parts are all overstock and excess material but are new and not returns that is why they are priced so well.  This price will be going away as the extra materials are consumed.  Also there will be a few new uppers launched by Profab through Aim so keep watching for them.  You can also buy the rail kit from Aim.
View Quote

Sounds good!!I really like mine alot,will definitely keep an eye on aim.
Link Posted: 6/16/2016 3:57:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Any comment on my question about lower compatibility with other uppers? Could I build out one of your lowers with the appropriate parts kits and attach it to a 308 upper of a different manufacturer, or is there some proprietary considerations that wouldn't allow that?
Link Posted: 6/16/2016 4:47:47 PM EDT
[#19]
For the most part if it is a DPMS pattern upper it should fit on this lower.  Just like the AR15 platform some brands play better with others when it comes to how tight or lose they are but pivot and takedown pins should line up.

EDIT: Warning I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn last night, only a Motel 8 so it never hurts to Google and see if there are known issues with the upper you are considering with other companies lowers.  If you do not stumble across anything on Google with Brand X upper not working with say a PSA PA10 lower or something similar you should be good to go.

Link Posted: 6/16/2016 8:57:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Do you guys' Alex 308 ARs leave extractor marks on the brass? I can see marks on mine. Ejection is fine, only kicks 5-6 ft away.  My 308 AKs are not doing so, they dent brass but no extractor marks! Just curious.
Link Posted: 6/16/2016 11:09:24 PM EDT
[#21]
I just ordered a lower. Can't beat the price. I hope a standard DPMS upper will work with it. the lower looks very clean. I dont care much for the rail though.
Link Posted: 6/17/2016 6:53:27 AM EDT
[#22]
I just got their stripped lower.

Never had a 308 AR. Looking to build it out with PSA parts kit, PSA bolt, rainier arms ultra match 14.5 DPMS pattern barrel.

Will this combo work does anyone know? I don't mind playing with the buffers, but wanna be sure the lower, bolt, bbl will function together.....
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 9:31:35 PM EDT
[#23]

link to EBay 308 takedown pins?

Link Posted: 6/19/2016 10:12:54 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
link to EBay 308 takedown pins?

View Quote

ebay 308 td pins
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 9:40:52 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Do you guys' Alex 308 ARs leave extractor marks on the brass? I can see marks on mine. Ejection is fine, only kicks 5-6 ft away.  My 308 AKs are not doing so, they dent brass but no extractor marks! Just curious.
View Quote

I will let you know in a couple weeks.  My build has been updated to the Magpul PRS AR10 stock on a rifle tube with a new LBE Unlimited buffer and spring along with I swapped out the BCG for a new one from KAK Industries that has the dual ejector.  If this time around I still have issues with some rounds not ejecting and getting caught in the firearm I think I am going to just part the damn thing out and use the funds towards something else.  
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 9:44:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Never had a 308 AR. Looking to build it out with PSA parts kit, PSA bolt, rainier arms ultra match 14.5 DPMS pattern barrel.

Will this combo work does anyone know? I don't mind playing with the buffers, but wanna be sure the lower, bolt, bbl will function together.....
View Quote

The PSA PA10 lower parts kit will NOT work on this lower.  At least not the takedown and pivot pins they are too short for this style and a ton of other style of lowers.

I see no reason for the other parts giving you an issue but that lower kit is gonna piss you off when you go to assembly the lower.  It sure in the hell pissed me off.  
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 1:38:04 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

The PSA PA10 lower parts kit will NOT work on this lower.  At least not the takedown and pivot pins they are too short for this style and a ton of other style of lowers.

I see no reason for the other parts giving you an issue but that lower kit is gonna piss you off when you go to assembly the lower.  It sure in the hell pissed me off.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you!
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 9:25:59 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
$45?? I bought the rail section/screws/back plate straight from Alexandria for maybe $11 plus shipping and used it to attach my bipod.

You need this:

http://www.apfarmory.com/ar15-m16-ar10-apf-t-mod-short-picatinny-rail/

and this:

http://www.apfarmory.com/ar15-m16-ar10-apf-t-mod-short-accessory-mount-slide/

and 2 of this:

http://www.apfarmory.com/ar15-m16ar-10-apf-t-mod-10-32-shcs/

Got mine for ~$15 shipped and didn't have to try and rig something up for it to work.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I have mine and am wondering while I wait for my lower to be delivered to my LGS if the "nut" of the Magpul MOE rail sections would slide into the internal slot of the rail to make the MOE rails work with it?  I don't have an MOE rail section on hand.  Anybody have a set to see if this works? Looks like they may be of similar diameter. I really just want a section to attach a bipod and the $6 MOE section is cheaper than the $45 proprietary stuff from Alexandria.

EDIT: Hell, even if they're slightly off I could just grind the sides of the internal tab a bit or find a nut at Menards that fit...(Friday night Drinking and thinking)...Bet they'd probably work...Still, if someone has them to try, please share the attempt.

$45?? I bought the rail section/screws/back plate straight from Alexandria for maybe $11 plus shipping and used it to attach my bipod.

You need this:

http://www.apfarmory.com/ar15-m16-ar10-apf-t-mod-short-picatinny-rail/

and this:

http://www.apfarmory.com/ar15-m16-ar10-apf-t-mod-short-accessory-mount-slide/

and 2 of this:

http://www.apfarmory.com/ar15-m16ar-10-apf-t-mod-10-32-shcs/

Got mine for ~$15 shipped and didn't have to try and rig something up for it to work.

How long is the short rail? I'm gonna order the upper soon and debating on weather to get the short rail or the long one.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 9:48:33 AM EDT
[#29]
Range report for my APF  308.

I shot the APF and my Savage 10FP to see the accuracy difference. The APF shot just as accurately as my Savage and my buddies Rem 700 at the 100 yard line. I did not measure the group but 5 shots of Freedom reman 168 gr HPBT grouped really well. I also got a decent group with Fed XM80CL but it was about double the size of the Freedom. Last I tried a box of ZQI and is patterned like a shotgun at 100 and I could barely keep it on a paper plate. The holes outside the 5 shot group at my trying to get the ZQI to hit with limited success. Keep in mind I am new to accuracy shooting and I am trying to get over a mean flinch that throws my shots right.

Specs,
APF complete upper and stripped lower.
Geissele SSA trigger
Mil spec LPK
DPMS LR-308 buffer
Ebay 308 takedown pins
308 Rifle buffer spring
Brunton Eterna 6-24x40 scope
YHM Phantom 308 Supressor

I did have some signs of over gassing using the can and will be looking for an adjustable gas block in the future. I also have the opportunity to try out a Jewel trigger to replace the SSA as I found it heavy for a target gun.

With a few tweaks I think these can be turned into decently accurate rifles for a sub 1k budget price.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 1:07:57 PM EDT
[#30]
Does anyone know the Barrels OD at the gas block? I can not find it anywhere online and do not have the proper tool to measure it.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 8:33:41 AM EDT
[#31]
Don't quote me but I'm pretty sure it's .750
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 8:39:18 AM EDT
[#32]
I just ordered my APF 308 AR10 stripped lower. I also scored a Rainer arms 16" middy match barrel for 200. I plan on running this setup suppressed pretty much all the time. Does anyone have any experience running the gibs side charing upper? I think that coupled with an adjustable block would be a nice suppressed setup. Also I think it would be sweet to run subs with the side charger vs a handle.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 8:09:45 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Specs,
Geissele SSA trigger
Mil spec LPK
DPMS LR-308 buffer
Ebay 308 takedown pins
308 Rifle buffer spring
View Quote

I'll be doing almost the exact same build this weekend...glad it is working out for you!  What scope mount are you using?
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 8:22:24 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I'll be doing almost the exact same build this weekend...glad it is working out for you!  What scope mount are you using?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Specs,
Geissele SSA trigger
Mil spec LPK
DPMS LR-308 buffer
Ebay 308 takedown pins
308 Rifle buffer spring

A cheap cantilever from SG for now. I wanted to make sure it shot well before dumping cash on a good mount.
It is This one
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 7:12:54 PM EDT
[#35]
I finally finished putting mine together and will try to get out to the range next week.

APF complete upper and stripped lower
Few parts from a random Mil spec LPK I had laying around
UTG complete buffer kit & A2 stock
Ebay 308 takedown pins
PA 4-14 scope w/ 308 HUD in Aero mount
Harris bipod attached via APF rail and YHM sling adapter

As it sits now with an empty IMI mag, it clocks in at a fat 12lbs 5oz, but just under $1000 as the Harris was borrowed from another gun of mine.  Depending on how it shoots, I have a Larue MBT on the way that I may drop in and eventually I'd like to swap the A2 stock for a Magpul rifle stock to shorten the LOP a bit.  The rail could stand to shed a bit of weight, but for now it appears like it will work just fine for the price paid.  

Link Posted: 7/2/2016 10:20:52 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

I finally finished putting mine together and will try to get out to the range next week.

APF complete upper and stripped lower

Few parts from a random Mil spec LPK I had laying around

UTG complete buffer kit & A2 stock

Ebay 308 takedown pins

PA 4-14 scope w/ 308 HUD in Aero mount

Harris bipod attached via APF rail and YHM sling adapter

As it sits now with an empty IMI mag, it clocks in at a fat 12lbs 5oz, but just under $1000 as the Harris was borrowed from another gun of mine.  Depending on how it shoots, I have a Larue MBT on the way that I may drop in and eventually I'd like to swap the A2 stock for a Magpul rifle stock to shorten the LOP a bit.  The rail could stand to shed a bit of weight, but for now it appears like it will work just fine for the price paid.  

http://i.imgur.com/8B1ZBFy.jpg

View Quote

Hows the fitment between the upper/lower receivers? Can i get the link for the Ebay 308 takedown pins.  Thanks in advance.

Link Posted: 7/3/2016 7:24:23 AM EDT
[#37]
It is a great fit, one of my tighter fitting sets.

Here are the pins I used...

eBay link
Link Posted: 7/3/2016 10:35:17 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

eBay link
View Quote

Thank you, much appreciated!

Link Posted: 7/3/2016 8:17:07 PM EDT
[#39]
I used the same pins, they arrived very quickly, and actually included extra detents.
I found it useful to trim the spring for the rear pin a bit to keep it from popping out from under the grip when installing.
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 2:12:47 PM EDT
[#40]
I ended up trying these pins out and they fit nicely.

https://www.ebay.  /itm/391251042248
Link Posted: 7/9/2016 6:32:49 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I decided today I am gonna just upgrade the BGC to one of KAK Industries Dual Ejector 308 BCGs and swap out the carbine stock setup for the PSA PA10 rifle tube/spring/buffer setup and slap on one of the Magpul AR10 PRS Stocks on it.

This next time around it better work perfectly or else.  I am gonna even lube up the BCG and receiver with the tears of liberals.    
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Was able to take this out again yesterday and put 3 mags through it without any issues at all.  Looks like the upgrade to the KAK BCG along with switching things out to a rifle tube/buffer/spring and throwing a Magpul PRS stock on it took care of any issues with it cycling and ejecting rounds correctly.  Damn this is a heavy configuration now though.  :)
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 1:45:42 PM EDT
[#42]
I just ordered one of these for my stripped PSA lower. Will I need the extended pins for it or is that just for the APF lower?
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 6:07:10 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

eBay link
View Quote

Thanks!!I just got them for mine,fit great.
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 6:57:48 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

eBay link

I got my pins here: xtreme precision
$11.99 shipped and included a few extra detent pins.
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 9:31:07 PM EDT
[#45]
just finished my APF build.  Rise Armament trigger and Luth-AR stock.  Still need to put glass on it before I can test drive it.
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 9:42:40 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I also bought the upper from AIM.  I had purchased a DPMS Oracle LR 308 carbine with the 16" barrel back in January.  I got it for a steal at Rural King for $600.  It was one of their daily deals.  I wanted an 18' with FF handguard to make it more of a precision 308, but figured at that price I could change anything I wanted.  I really like the upper, and in-fact, I really like the handguard.  I purchased a small piece of rail from APF to mount a UTG ractical bi-pod.  They were very helpful.   I changed the stock to the LuthAR carbine stock and used a Hogue grip.  For optics, I put a Nikon M308 scope w/BDC and a set of Amazon 45 degree irons.  The DPMS trigger was horribly gritty, so I ordered a Geissele SSA that should be here this week. I have about 60 rounds through it, and I believe it will be a good shooter as soon as I get the trigger situation remedied.  

Here is is stock:

<a href="http://s46.photobucket.com/user/jlgil73/media/Gun%20Stuff/IMG_20151230_082551_zpsj0idzigu.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f105/jlgil73/Gun%20Stuff/IMG_20151230_082551_zpsj0idzigu.jpg</a>

and with most of the new goodies...

<a href="http://s46.photobucket.com/user/jlgil73/media/Gun%20Stuff/IMG_20160303_000818_zpseitw3eoc.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f105/jlgil73/Gun%20Stuff/IMG_20160303_000818_zpseitw3eoc.jpg</a>
View Quote

Do you have a nipple on you toe?
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 11:09:48 PM EDT
[#47]
I have the lower. Can someone help me, can I put any barrel on it? Does it have to be DPMS style or anything? I have never dealt with a 308 AR and this is all new to me.

Link Posted: 7/17/2016 12:14:52 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

I have the lower. Can someone help me, can I put any barrel on it? Does it have to be DPMS style or anything? I have never dealt with a 308 AR and this is all new to me.
View Quote
Upper needs to be dpms pattern. I got the upper and lower together so I didn't have to worry about fitment problems. I got the eBay pins and put everything together and they fit nicely together. Took it out without sights and shot 20 rounds of zqi without a problem. Waiting for a nikon pro staff, magpul str stock and a LaRue mbt trigger to arrive so I can get it zeroed in.

ETA: I'll post an update after I get everything in.
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 1:27:35 PM EDT
[#49]
Done some 50yd shooting and look to be .75 with 147 , wanting to stretch it to 100 and use 168. I think I might put a larue trigger in it firs. I can watch my impacts at 100 with that SJC brake.

Link Posted: 7/20/2016 3:09:53 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Done some 50yd shooting and look to be .75 with 147 , wanting to stretch it to 100 and use 168. I think I might put a larue trigger in it firs. I can watch my impacts at 100 with that SJC brake.http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u10/python00/Mobile%20Uploads/20160719_131546_zpspd0bhuz1.jpg

View Quote

Very nice, thanks for sharing.

Page / 4
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top