Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/12/2016 10:03:24 PM EDT
anyone know anything about these?
saw AIM surplus's ad...of course they were alll out of the uppers. but i noticed it said DPMS compatable...anyone know if they .308 BCGs and bolts are the G2 DPMS double extractactor (or was it double ejectors...?) ones? or just std. .308 stuff?

looking to build something like a G2 recon, but cheaper that ll still work...ideas?
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 4:16:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Haven't seen enough GII-type parts available to get anywhere near a complete gun. Receivers, bolts, barrel/extensions, none of it....extractor, that's about the extent of available GII-style parts I'm aware of.

Buy a complete gun, wait until all parts are out there, or build a large frame rifle are the only options I'm aware of at this point.

I suspect there are a few people out there disappointed that parts are still non-existent in this pattern (let alone complete guns in other teased calibers), as there are some distinct advantages to the design, but for various reasons, not everyone wants complete guns, and some don't want .308.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 11:09:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 11:59:44 AM EDT
[#3]
I didn' t see anything that said G2 in the ad. I would assume these are DPMS LR-308 compatible, not G2.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 1:55:10 PM EDT
[#4]
GII uses a different ejection port cover, the forward assist is different, the rear receiver overhang (at the tail of the grip) is different, the trigger guard is different, and those are just readily apparent external differences between the LR and GII"s. Doesn't mean someone else can't make a GII-sized receiver differently, but it's definitely not GII architecture based on the pics.

You aren't stuck with DPMS anymore for the smaller receiver guns (Maten and someone else), but again, they are complete. Unaware of any substantial parts being available for any of them.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 1:58:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Anyone have any reviews on their reliability and function?
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 4:20:08 PM EDT
[#6]
It is back in stock and I just placed an order. Anyone knows if it fits PSA lower? PSA also claims DPMS compatible! AIMS says DPMS compatible but APF website does not say their uppers are DPMS compatibility and does not show the model that AIMS sells. I know 308 AR is always a gamble!
http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=XPF30818U8459900
http://www.apfarmory.com/308/
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 10:20:41 AM EDT
[#7]
dang. got the email too, but too late...will have to keep an eye on the uppers at lest...

looking to get into the semi-308 ARs for less than $1k...but still work.

keep em coming, thanks guys!
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 6:31:50 PM EDT
[#8]
I sent an email to APF Customer Service yesterday to ask them if their uppers are compatible with other DPMS pattern Lowers such as PSA and if their LPK fits DPMS lowers. They replied, amazing fast, and said
"Yes our 308 uppers do work with DPMS or Palmetto State Armory lowers. Our lower parts kit will work for PSA also. The Difference between our 308 lower and PSA and DPMS is how our bolt catch fastens to the lower receiver."
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 11:02:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote

They are good company they are local to me, and make some really nice stuff. They make all of their rails, BCGs, and 308 uppers in house. They also machine all of their lowers and Ar15 uppers from forgings. Their 308 lowers are actually their own design,

Alexandria Area, MN actually has more machinists and machine shops per capita than anywhere else in the country.

They also offer a an LE discount.
Link Posted: 3/6/2016 12:43:21 AM EDT
[#10]
good to hear...anyone shoot one yet?
Link Posted: 3/6/2016 2:03:36 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
good to hear...anyone shoot one yet?
View Quote

http://www.ak47.net/forums/t_3_121/691518_Alexandria_PRO_FAB__APF__308_AR_mini_review.html

Link Posted: 3/6/2016 10:42:20 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
anyone know anything about these?
saw AIM surplus's ad...of course they were alll out of the uppers. but i noticed it said DPMS compatable...anyone know if they .308 BCGs and bolts are the G2 DPMS double extractactor (or was it double ejectors...?) ones? or just std. .308 stuff?

looking to build something like a G2 recon, but cheaper that ll still work...ideas?
View Quote

They look like nice rifles, especially considering they come with a rail. But they are not G2 pattern. They are LR308 pattern...which is better IMHO... you have more parts availability.

I'm a little curious as to why they came with a pre-installed magcatch.
Link Posted: 3/6/2016 10:57:15 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I'm a little curious as to why they came with a pre-installed magcatch.
View Quote

When I asked APF about their lower and LPK compatibility, they said "our 308 uppers do work with DPMS or Palmetto State Armory lowers. Our lower parts kit will work for PSA also. The Difference between our 308 lower and PSA and DPMS is how our bolt catch fastens to the lower"

308 bolt catch is different from AR15, I don't think it is standardized. APF attach the bolt catch with a "banjo pin" and screw the pin/bolt catch to lower. Need to remove the bolt catch first to install mag release.
Link Posted: 3/6/2016 12:54:54 PM EDT
[#15]
I should probably clarify when I say DPMS I mean DPMS LR308, not GII.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top