Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/12/2016 5:46:32 PM EDT
I am building a new .308. It will have a 16in barrel with a mid length gas system. I have one LR 308 already with a JP Enterprises brake. I would like to reduce the recoil and jump even more. I have seen the brake in the link below reviewed for 5.56 but not .308.

http://precisionarmament.com/product/m4-72-tactical-compensator/

Any thoughts? I don't care what anyone beside me will feel when the trigger is pulled. I care about me. Kind of selfish of me,  but I am ok with that.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 6:13:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Try this https://www.primaryarms.com/lnc-308-bk/p/lnc-308-bk/

It is tunable with the included jets. I changed out a Surefire MB762 to this unit for better muzzle climb management
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 6:17:10 PM EDT
[#2]
I've seen the brake test with their 5.56 version.  I would expect similar results for their .308 version.  They obviously know something about brakes.  I have an Armalite AR10 .308 like yours with a 16" carbine barrel and mid-length gas.  I installed an AAC brake that is very effective.  I'd expect Precision Armament's brake would be quite effective.  I almost never shoot my .308's around others, so I don't care either about peripheral blast.  I also have a 20" .308 Armalite AR10 with rifle length gas, rifle length stock/buffer, and it doesn't reallly need a brake.  My carbine .308 did benefit from a brake even with mid-length gas.  It has a carbine stock.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 6:56:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I am building a new .308. It will have a 16in barrel with a mid length gas system. I have one LR 308 already with a JP Enterprises brake. I would like to reduce the recoil and jump even more. I have seen the brake in the link below reviewed for 5.56 but not .308.

http://precisionarmament.com/product/m4-72-tactical-compensator/

Any thoughts? I don't care what anyone beside me will feel when the trigger is pulled. I care about me. Kind of selfish of me,  but I am ok with that.
View Quote

I love mine!  indoor range shooting is a bit rough, backblast-wise, but not as bad as the Miculek.  Until you crank the gun to 45 degrees for the MBUS..

between the M4-72 and the adjustable gas block the recoil is quite light.

Eta, get their timing washers.  makes it super easy and repeatable.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 7:36:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Anybody have any idea where I can find something like an AAC single chamber brake in 308. They discontinued it and I can't find them anywhere.  Looking for something as compact as possible without any prongs etc.   I've seen the Brownells short brake but don't want something that will dust up when prone.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 9:31:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Anybody have any idea where I can find something like an AAC single chamber brake in 308. They discontinued it and I can't find them anywhere.  Looking for something as compact as possible without any prongs etc.   I've seen the Brownells short brake but don't want something that will dust up when prone.
View Quote

I see that particular one once in awhile at CDNN.  They often buy big closeouts from all over, and I guess that's how they still end up with them.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 11:16:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Thank you gentlemen. Hopefully I can finish this build soon. I appreciate your comments.   Mark
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 1:28:45 AM EDT
[#7]
It's not the same model but I have the precision armament EFAB on my Armalite and it is amazing with respect to muzzle stability. I have previously used the battlecomp, griffin armament flash comp and pws fsc30 on various 308 rifles and the EFAB is my favorite hands down. I didn't fire my rifle with the A2 to be able to gauge the difference but the felt recoil wasn't bad at all and my girlfriend said  it seemed "quieter" than my A2 equipped 16" middy AR in 5.56. She also noted less concussion on the EFAB.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 3:36:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I see that particular one once in awhile at CDNN.  They often buy big closeouts from all over, and I guess that's how they still end up with them.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks, I'll check them out.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 2:34:39 PM EDT
[#9]
The Miculek style brake works very effectively......

...as does this one from Smith Industries.

Link Posted: 2/22/2016 5:27:03 AM EDT
[#10]
I'm looking at the Surefire Procomp.

Surefire Procomp
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 6:41:58 PM EDT
[#11]
I run a Smith Enterprises on my Ruger SR762, like the one pictured 2 post above. Very good brake.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 6:45:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Have a read through this series of articles, excellent info here.

I run an APA little bastard on my 20" bolt gun, it's very effective.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 8:30:47 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm using a PWS FSC30 and a Miculek brake, both very loud and very effective for reducing felt recoil.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 9:42:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Lantac Dragon works for me.  Don"t see how you could get much better than this.  Watch their video of it being fired full auto on YouTube next to a line on a wall showing the barrel remaining perfectly still.

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top