Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/11/2016 8:58:45 AM EDT
Can I use a standard handguard cap and delta ring with a 16" aac 300 blackout barrel? It looks like it is contoured differently and nothing to run the handguard cap up against. It has a low profile gas block.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 7:43:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Can I use a standard handguard cap and delta ring with a 16" aac 300 blackout barrel? It looks like it is contoured differently and nothing to run the handguard cap up against. It has a low profile gas block.
View Quote

The barrel is an exact match to any standard AR-15 barrel. The 300BLK uses all standard parts for the AR-15 except the barrel of course. So, to answer your question yes you can use the standard handguard cap and delta ring with your 16" aac 300 blackout barrel.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 12:36:53 PM EDT
[#2]
The thing is the barrel is contoured differently. There is nothing to stop the handard ring when I slide it to the rear. The cap would be held forward against the gas block with pressure from the delta ring on the handguards.  Is that good enough?
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 12:28:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The thing is the barrel is contoured differently. There is nothing to stop the handard ring when I slide it to the rear. The cap would be held forward against the gas block with pressure from the delta ring on the handguards.  Is that good enough?
View Quote

Ok good question as most are using free float tubes now. With a low profile gas block I am not sure you can use that. You should be looking at a standard A2 sight post for the front to hold the forward portion of a standard handrail.

It seems you either need a different rail or a different front gas block.
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 12:46:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Should be.  My handguard washer was a super tight friction fit on the barrel, and as you point out the wave spring and delta ring push the handguard forward.  If you're using a low profile gas block what forward sight are you using?  Is this a flat top receiver with a scope or red dot?  
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top