Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/28/2015 5:07:20 PM EDT
Strongly considering purchasing this as it seems to be a pretty good deal and would make a nice deer rifle. What else would be needed to complete the build (stock, barrel?)?

http://aeroprecisionusa.com/m5-combo-set-lpk-black-friday.html

Sorry for the noob question.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 5:07:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Purchasing what?
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 5:13:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Purchasing what?
View Quote

That would help I guess. Link added...didn't copy from phone the first time.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 5:20:18 PM EDT
[#3]
That's all but the most of it.
 You also need a .308 BCG which is going to be another couple hundred bucks, stock and appropriate receiver extension, charging handle, buffer and spring, forend, barrel, gas block, gas tube, sights, muzzle device, and any other niceties you might want to throw on there.  Your cost is just beginning at the price for the upper, lower, and nothing to get excited about lower parts kit.  You'll most likely be upgrading the fire control group and grip which is another $100 to $300 depending on how crazy you get with the FCG.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 5:25:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That's all but the most of it.
 You also need a .308 BCG which is going to be another couple hundred bucks, stock and appropriate receiver extension, charging handle, buffer and spring, forend, barrel, gas block, gas tube, sights, muzzle device, and any other niceties you might want to throw on there.  Your cost is just beginning at the price for the upper, lower, and nothing to get excited about lower parts kit.  You'll most likely be upgrading the fire control group and grip which is another $100 to $300 depending on how crazy you get with the FCG.
View Quote

That's what I needed to know! I'm just getting into this. Bought lower parts for my first few AR builds this weekend and then ran across this. Seemed like a good deal but it sounds like these are the cheapest parts.

I do have a Geissele coming so that could be upgraded. Seems like I'd need to put another $600+ into this excluding optics to have a built gun.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 5:29:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Unsure caliber or budget you have/want but can go ahead and grab a charging handle, bolt, 308 stock kit from aero to get 15% off and free shipping. Same bolt can be used for a number of calibers. If you know you want 308 caliber then you can go ahead and get a aero precision 308 barrel, gas block and tube from them as well.

Schuyler arms has a deal right now for the m5 lower, assembled m5e1 upper and 15" keymod rail for only $350. Another option for you.

For ease, if you don't get the aero full 308 lpk then at least get their extended length pivot and take down pins, their extended mag button or one from seekins or the like and a proper bolt catch. The m5 sets don't use standard ar15 bolt catches.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top