Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/3/2015 3:59:51 PM EDT
What all are the favorites?

I like the looks of Aero's set and the price is solid. Mega's and CMT are cool, but pushing the $ envelope. Who else is there and what makes them worth-while in your book?
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 4:19:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Mega

/thread
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 4:28:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Salt Works.

Clean looking receiver set at a good price and great customer service.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 4:32:26 PM EDT
[#3]
http://www.theflatspot.net/308-receiver-flat-dpms-style-like-ar-10.html

Pros:

$33 + $6 flat rate shipping
DPMS Gen 1 compatible
Nigh indestructible

Cons:  
Weight of solid steel
I can't weld  
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 5:03:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Armalite AR10A. But these can only be had with s complete rifle at the time being. Very solid forgings, superb machining, and rock solid QC.

For around 900$ you can get a complete DEF10 rifle, sell off the barrel, and your right around 650$ for s complete receiver set minus the barrel.

Already has a great buffer system, unless you want a rifle buffer system, swap out the GI stock and GI trigger, and you're set. Depending on your barrel and handguard choice, you'll be under 1500$ for a complete build. Then you gotta pick sights or optics, or both.

If you've got a 2000$ budget, you can make a very nice Armalite. Granted, the receivers may not be Gucci looking stuff like Mega and Rainier, but they are very stout, very rigid, and very well made. If you want fancy-schmancy stuff, MaTen or Rainier.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 5:18:21 PM EDT
[#5]
The deal Primary Arms currently has going on the Aero M5 makes it hard to beat.

Upper, lower, BCG, and charging handle all for $400.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 6:27:12 PM EDT
[#6]
PSA, P-TAC, or DGW
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 9:08:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

You got that right, damn...
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 10:20:27 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm running the Ares Armor  Billet Signiture 80% lower and matching billet upper. It's pretty sweet. You can get the set way under $450 when they are on sale!
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 10:39:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:28:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Got the stripped upper,  lower,  proprietary pins and bolt catch for $283 shipped. Wanted a nib bcg and a bravo company charging handle so Primary Arms's package deal didn't quite do it for me.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:59:46 PM EDT
[#11]
View Quote

Fack, thats too good to pass up
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 2:01:24 AM EDT
[#12]
View Quote

Holy crap that's a smoking good deal.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 2:23:55 AM EDT
[#13]
View Quote

Well damn.   Wonder if Aero does post order price matching..
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 9:15:24 AM EDT
[#14]
View Quote

Wonder if those are gen II (with upper receiver tension screw) or gen I 308 lowers. Great deal. I have gotten stripped gen II ar15 aero lowers from that place before, and they had some spots with no anodizing inside but otherwise visually fine.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 10:50:50 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Wonder if those are gen II (with upper receiver tension screw) or gen I 308 lowers. Great deal. I have gotten stripped gen II ar15 aero lowers from that place before, and they had some spots with no anodizing inside but otherwise visually fine.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

They're blems. He's not advertising them as blems, just a sale. I got 2 sets from him before, both had minor blems that had been touched up with black paint off some sort.

I don't mind the blems at all, but i don't like when someone tries to hide the blems.

Other than that, the 2 sets i got are good. I ended up selling one, and now in trying to trade the other. The Armalite DEF10 came back in stock at a great price, so i went that route.

I got an extra set of anyone wants to pm me. Barter is better.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 11:40:17 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

They're blems. He's not advertising them as blems, just a sale. I got 2 sets from him before, both had minor blems that had been touched up with black paint off some sort.

I don't mind the blems at all, but i don't like when someone tries to hide the blems.

Other than that, the 2 sets i got are good. I ended up selling one, and now in trying to trade the other. The Armalite DEF10 came back in stock at a great price, so i went that route.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Glad I checked back here before checking out
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 12:14:33 PM EDT
[#17]
They're still good quality. My 2 sets had very small dings on the inside of one upper, only 2 dings, looks like from 2 uppers together with the lugs inside one another. The other blem was on one lower on the inside edge on the top part of the lower. Looks like it was caused by the lugs from the upper.

Not bad at all, and you can't see them unless the upper and lower are separated and your really looking. Still a great price and worth getting instead of a non-blem.

I could be wrong, maybe it is just a sale. But when i got mine, they were 215 a piece. Was advertised as a sale, not a blem.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 12:25:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Favorite as in lowest price, no concern for fit or compatibility, mechanical interoperability with parts, or...

favorite quality, functionality, and fit?
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 1:29:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Schuyler Arms is good to go.

Yeah, they are blems, but mine is on the finish on the inside of the receiver. Who cares about that?

I ordered an assembled set and he sent me the unassembled. I emailed him to exchange it and he just sent me an assembled upper and I kept the other upper.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 1:38:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Favorite as in lowest price, no concern for fit or compatibility, mechanical interoperability with parts, or...

favorite quality, functionality, and fit?
View Quote

Definitely the latter, but for around $450 or less

DPMS-spec means 308 PMag compatible, standard AR LPK and gas system parts, right?
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 1:42:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Tactical Machining 308 Set. $229
This is part of there Labor Day Sale.
I have 5 TM 308 lowers, but this will be my first upper from them. I also have used several AR15 lowers from them.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 2:31:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Spoke with Chris from Schuyler Arms, he said they had sold some previously at this price that were damaged during shipping but claims they had blem in the title when you bought them.
For these, he said AP had a holiday sale for Dealers and they then put these sale (from AP) ones on sale (themselves). Ordered a set, we will see how these look when they come in.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 9:27:56 PM EDT
[#23]
I have ordered 4 Aero Gen2 lowers from Schuyler and none of them were blems.  Did he tell you they were blems?

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/4/2015 10:00:12 PM EDT
[#24]
No, he did not say they were blems. Only advertised as a sale. When i get home, I'll take pictures of the "blems".

Life another said, both mine were dinged on the inside, your won't see when assembled. You have to separate the receivers and look inside. No big deal at all.

What i don't like, is the attempt to hide it. Someone dabbed some black paint on the dings, that's what made me notice then. Shiny black paint on dull anodizing.

I'll post pictures soon. Regardless, they are still a good deal. As long as you get good parts to fill it with.
Link Posted: 9/5/2015 8:18:35 AM EDT
[#25]
The deal over at Primary Arms for the upper, lower, CH, and BCG FOR $400 is about as good a deal as you're gonna get. My Aero BCG has worked wonderfully.
Link Posted: 9/5/2015 11:19:54 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
The deal over at Primary Arms for the upper, lower, CH, and BCG FOR $400 is about as good a deal as you're gonna get. My Aero BCG has worked wonderfully.
View Quote

I got mine yesterday. Fit and finish is very nice. This will be my first .308 build so I'm excited. Primary Arms has some great sales!
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top