Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/2/2015 12:39:30 PM EDT
Looks to be new because I can't find any reviews.  http://troydefense.com/portfolio/troy-308-rifle/.  How does Troy stack up against the mid-line manufactures?
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 1:26:39 PM EDT
[#1]
[Deleted]
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 2:39:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 2:54:51 PM EDT
[#3]
They don't say, but it looks like it's DPMS Gen 1 compatible.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 6:39:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Whatever people think of Troy's hiring policy aside they definitely make good stuff.  I would imagine this is no different.  It's touting weighing in just under 9 pounds, is that a weight to brag about? I don't have any experience with the .308 size AR's but I thought that they had gotten lighter than 9 pounds?
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 6:59:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the reply.  Your weight comment is spot-on because I'm looking for lightweight .308 rig.  Any other recommendations?

D

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 10:33:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:  Thanks for the reply.  Your weight comment is spot-on because I'm looking for lightweight .308 rig.  Any other recommendations?

D
View Quote

If you're wanting a lightweight .308" AR I think the answer is the DPMS Gen 2.  They shortened the receiver & BCG by a 1/2" or so and lost about a pound in the receiver.  Probably run you over a grand for a complete rifle, though.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 11:22:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Smith m&p10 for the win. Dpms g2 as a second alternative. No troy for me.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 7:24:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Check out Aero Precision
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 7:38:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Looks to be new because I can't find any reviews.  http://troydefense.com/portfolio/troy-308-rifle/.  How does Troy stack up against the mid-line manufactures?
View Quote

Specs looked the same as other makers.  The weight saving isn't that big of a deal, most of it is in the barrel anyway.  What make a rifle a rifle are the barrel and trigger, and both seemed to be just normal "off the bin" stuffs.  Street price would decide whether or not Troy can sell this hardware compare to others and at the currently listed MSRP, I bet most people would go for an Armalite rather than Troy.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 8:29:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Its ugly, outdated, nothing special, and over priced. With that price point, there are plenty of better options.

Way late to the game, and bringing nothing to the table that can't be had for better and cheaper elsewhere.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top