Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/31/2015 9:54:50 PM EDT
My goal was to create an M110 clone at a reasonable price, and it's been close to a year in the making. I'm proud to say that with the exception of the barrel, bcg, and gas block, every other part on this rifle was sourced from the EE and the forums on a couple other sites. The rifle was cerakoted in H-265 FDE by SMI powder coating, and the furniture was duracoated in Cav Arms Dark Earth by me. Also sent the barrel to Class 3 Machining for threading in 3/4x24 and the had the URX installed by Ayan at BoltCarrier. Here are the specifics:

Upper
CMMG upper receiver
KAC Rifle Length 7.62 URX II
Fulton Armory (Criterion) 20" M110 barrel
Fulton Armory rail gas block
Fulton Armory chrome BCG
BCM gunfighter 308 CH
KAC M110 FH
KAC 200-600m offset BUIS
KAC 30mm scope mount
Leupold 62150
Harris 6-9 BRM-S with KMW Pod-Loc

Lower
Bushmaster (DPMS) lower
DPMS LPK
DPMS buffer, tube and spring
Cav Arms C1 stock
KAC 20 round mags
Giessele SSA-E trigger

Can't wait to get it to the range, hopefully this weekend.

Link Posted: 7/31/2015 10:06:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Purty rifle!  Good work putting it together.  If you don't mind me asking, what was the "reasonable price" to assemble?
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 10:25:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 11:56:59 PM EDT
[#3]
nice
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 10:20:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Looks good.

I've got the lower, upper and A2 stock for a similar build, still working on everything else.  Also sourced mostly through the EE.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 3:48:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Looks awesome as all get out!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 12:39:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Looking forward to a range report.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 1:40:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks to all that responded! I got her out to the range on Saturday for a quick test, just 30 rounds as a function check. Happy to report that the gun ran flawlessly and it was easily holding 1 MOA at 100 yards. I've got some 175gr Federal Gold Medal Match being delivered today, and will hopefully make it back to the range on Thursday. I will update here with a range report and pictures of the results.
Link Posted: 8/6/2015 9:33:22 PM EDT
[#8]
RANGE REPORT....

Got to the range today to test four types of ammo I had. All rounds fired using bipod only from 100 yards. The rifle ran flawlessly without any hiccups. All shown are five round groups. Please keep in mind I am a complete amateur when it comes to scoped rifle shooting. Hopefully my shooting continues to improve and I can find out what the gun is actually capable of.

Link Posted: 8/7/2015 8:03:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Very nice!
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 3:44:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Really nice looking rifle. Been wanting to build up one very similar, except using an 18" barrel.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top