Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/25/2015 4:15:44 PM EDT
Want to build my first 80% lower in 308. Decided on either the JMT or Polymer80. Wondering if anyone out there that has built with either product would share your thoughts, on the build.
Thanks!
Aloha
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 9:12:56 PM EDT
[#1]
You may want to put this in the BIY section...
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 12:24:09 PM EDT
[#2]
If you're going the polymer route, I'd suggest LMT.  But in reality you should probably get aluminum with an "easy jig".
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 6:02:46 PM EDT
[#3]
I can't find it offhand but someone did a great write-up in this forum (Variants) about their experience with 80% lowers on the LR-308/AR-10 platform. The fact that everything is so non-standard between manufacturers means you will want to match up your upper to your lower and jig before you even start. Just some food for thought. I'll try to run that link down as well.  

ETA link. http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_121/676500_80__308___Things_I_have_learned.html
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 2:04:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the link, good info. Deciding on JMT, DPMS compliant. Thinking on using a Aero M5 stripped upper.
Thanks again.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 4:26:31 PM EDT
[#5]
@redyak3

Just wanted to let you know I'm a little biased, I actually work for Polymer80 as their Marketing Manger.  I don't mean to put you on the spot and I hope I don't, but I would be silly not to ask why you picked  JMT over P80.  I'm asking you strictly for my benefit, it's important to know why our potential consumers pick one product over the other.  Does it have anything to do with looks, functionality, price, or anything else that might have influenced your decision one way or another?  You would be doing me a solid favor by helping out :) And there is no right or wrong answer!  This is just a great opportunity to maybe change our product for the better and increase our sales.

Link Posted: 8/1/2015 2:06:24 PM EDT
[#6]
I've built two LR308s on Tactical Machining 80% lowers and really like them. They work great (16" HB and 20" w/ floating barrel).  I built an AR15 on a JMT lower and everything was good except the hole for the rear take down pin detent was drilled off/ crooked and the plastic was too thin between the hole and the rear lug pocket. It broke thru first time I closed the pin. Now the pin won't stay in. I machined this on a Bridgeport with a DRO so I know the pocket was in spec and properly located (I've been a machinist for 37 years). Hole was off.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top