Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/22/2015 10:31:23 AM EDT
Can someone do me a favor? I'm having some issues with a JP Supermatch .308 barrel which was supposed to come with a headspaced High Pressure Bolt. I received the chromium nitride bolt pictured below but as you can see on their website, their High Pressure Bolt has a Mag. Phosphate finish. I know the High Pressure bolt should have a smaller firing pin orifice (hole) than their standard Enhanced Bolt. So far as I can tell, that would be the only way to tell them apart.

If anyone has a JP High Pressure Enhanced Bolt, can you please measure the firing pin orifice and let me know what it should be?

Thanks, Drew
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 12:07:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I would expext it to have a firing pin with a tip diameter around .068 which is what Armalite and LMT use, as opposed to the larger pin that DPMS and most everyone else uses that if memory serves me right is around .080.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 12:14:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Yea, I think it is supposed to be around .062...at least that's what the firing pin tip is supposed to be.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 12:38:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Everything I've seen from them on High Pressure bolts has been some type of high sheen finish, not phosphated.  Was it changed?
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 1:09:15 PM EDT
[#4]
JP High Pressure Enhanced Bolt

Here is the link to their HP bolts. All of them look to be Mag. Phosphated.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top