AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 1:06:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hi,

My take on this is different, parts break and you can't predict when if ever a bolt will break.  I've got over 2000 rounds throough a parkerized 7.62X39 bolt from Armalite and its still going like a champ.  The same goes for my Radical arms 7.62X39 9310 melonited BCG.  I suspect that the percentage of failed AR bolts in 7.62x39 is actually small.

Regards:
View Quote

I have round thousands of rounds through over a dozen 5.56 ARs,  over 30 years, with no bolt breakage whatsoever.
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 4:10:29 PM EDT
[#2]
My first TA bolt took a few extra rounds before that same lug sheared off this weekend. I noticed within half a magazine during a press check and swapped to a backup bolt to finish the day. I emailed TA about the break, and ordered some LMT replacements.

Link Posted: 5/27/2015 3:08:51 PM EDT
[#3]
I really hope my blem TA Carrier doesn't have issues or the .308 complete bcg I have
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 3:11:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
My first TA bolt took a few extra rounds before that same lug sheared off this weekend. I noticed within half a magazine during a press check and swapped to a backup bolt to finish the day. I emailed TA about the break, and ordered some LMT replacements.

http://i1182.photobucket.com/albums/x449/Wai-Ching_Fung/Mobile%20Uploads/image_5.jpg
View Quote

Let me know f you hear back from TA, I would love to be able to get in touch with them.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 3:14:06 PM EDT
[#5]
So, can they SAFELY be fired missing a lug? I assume not......but have no clue.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 4:22:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Let me know f you hear back from TA, I would love to be able to get in touch with them.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i1182.photobucket.com/albums/x449/Wai-Ching_Fung/Mobile%20Uploads/image_5.jpg

TA is out of business now.  Unreachable.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 4:25:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was hoping someone might know a guy...haha
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 4:33:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Well, I have the TA bolt also. Seeing these pics, I decided not to wait and will order up one of the Cason Eng bolts just to be on the safe side.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 4:53:18 PM EDT
[#9]
My Colt 7.62x39 bolt has several cases through it.  I have heard it is only compatible with Colt barrel extensions, but if not, it may be worth considering.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 6:25:57 PM EDT
[#10]
The new phone books are here!

If you are under 40, you may not know what I am talking about.

The big brown truck just dropped off a box that felt like it was empty.......it wasn't!

It looks very nicely machined. It is a little dirty, I assume they test fire it......which I am glad they do.

Going to try get out tomorrow to run a few mags through the gun again.

More to come!
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 7:13:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Just ran 8 perfect rounds..it must be a great bolt..haha.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 8:53:21 PM EDT
[#12]
a hopeful update for those who bought TA's 7.62 x39 "Superbolt". i have two of them and to date, 300 plus rounds  through each. so far...........no issues. time will tell
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 11:30:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Ordered my Cason today. Should be here Monday.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 12:03:35 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Lot's of people having issues with Tactical Ambush.  How many rounds on the bolt?
View Quote

He got tactically ambushed....
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 1:25:20 PM EDT
[#15]
I have a TA bolt ready to go into my next build hopefully it fairs better than some of those in this thread.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 9:29:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I have a TA bolt ready to go into my next build hopefully it fairs better than some of those in this thread.
View Quote

I have a couple of hundred rounds on mine now and it is doing good. I went ahead and ordered the Cason Eng bolt just in case things go bad. After talking with them, it seems like Cason has the game figured out.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 12:11:22 AM EDT
[#17]
Shot a few rounds with my ta bolt and no breakage so far, cant get enough rounds through it to really give a good workout.
Because the darn fcg not resetting which i fixed once already and the bolt getting stuck in chamber..
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 8:36:40 PM EDT
[#18]
I plan on going back out Monday to give it a good work out and test the bolt out good. Will be using wolf then. Trying to keep my stash of GT high.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top