Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/23/2015 8:54:54 AM EDT
I recently posted this query in the Aero Precision industry forum, so apologies if you have seen it.

I am looking for some type of bolt release extension for my Aero M5 lower. I have been researching the existing build pictures folks have posted here and the only thing I have seen installed so far is the Phase 5 Extended Bolt Release (v2), which replaces the original bolt release, and sells for around $50.

Does anyone have any positive or negative experiences with these they care to share?

Are there any other clamp-on bolt release levers that find the larger LR-308 style bolt release paddle? Thanks for any advice.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 10:19:04 AM EDT
[#1]
I use the Phase 5 EBR on my Aero M5. Works perfectly with no complaints.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 11:00:18 AM EDT
[#2]
I have one in my Aero M5E1 works great!
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 1:39:50 PM EDT
[#3]
PHASE 5 is your best choice out there
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 4:52:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for all the recommendations on the phase 5, I went ahead and ordered one.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 10:54:09 PM EDT
[#5]
I prefer the DCTechs Extended bolt release beacuse its mass isn't added to the mag catch.  I've found that the directly attached levers slow the cycling of the catch enough that it sometimes lets the bolt close.   I shoot competitively and need absolutely reliable operation.  It's even more critical for a SHTF weapon.  I recommend the DCTechs lever - it has worked flawlessly for me, unlike several other extended bolt catches I've tried, even lightweight aluminum ones.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top