Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/28/2015 7:39:47 AM EDT

That face right there explains it all. Right now I'm without a .308 because I've been looking for something to replace my last .308 which was the LMT MWS 308.
I sold it because I thought I would find something better. Maybe lighter, possibly more accurate.

I keep hearing people rave about the LWRC REPR, Yet the reviews are nothing to rave about. Neither are their prices. In fact, the REPR doesn't have a quick change barrel like the LMT does!?

However there are features I like in the LWRC, the side cocking charging handle, slightly less weight, it's also a little nicer on the eyes in FDE.

Anyways I've been really wanting a great DMR.308
I've been reading, researching, and it has me going in circles.

I'd really appreciate if some of ya'll could give me great responses and help me make up my mind. Seriously. What the hell should I get and sell me on it. If
You're going to suggest something more expensive than the REPR, I suggest you don't post it

Have at it gentlemen
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 8:16:27 AM EDT
[#1]
The LMT is "good enough" to be the Brits DMR; get the MWSE.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 10:01:34 AM EDT
[#2]
From my experience, The Repr is not that great for the money, aside from its awesome looks. Ive shot one and it was meh in both accuracy and recoil pulse. Not to mention they are ditching the side charge(as they should IMO) I have also shot all the other top tier rifles, and decided to own a KAC sr25.

The LMTs are great I think, but surely heavy as hell for most
The Larues are awesome, and my next 308 purchase will surely be a Larue PredatOBR
The KAC is IMO a mix of the LMT and Larue, and you definitely pay for it. It has the perceived battlefield ruggedness of an LMT(albeit KAC is the king of ruggedness) with the amazing accuracy of Larue rifles. I Know they are alot of money, but its definitely worth it, especially if you get on one of boltcarrier.com refurbs, you can get an amazing rifle in the 3k range....

In the end it comes down to how much money you wanna spend. Under 3k definitely go LMT. 3kish Larue for sure. High 3s to the sky, nothing can beat KAC. Good luck.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 11:33:10 AM EDT
[#3]
My LMT MWSE sits in the safe since I got my LaRue OBR. I'd spring for the OBR or the Predator OBR. Groups shot from the MWSE don't come close to the OBR.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 12:03:37 PM EDT
[#4]
If you get a Slickside LMT and have the barrel dimpled or reprofiled you'll get it down to around 8.5 pounds.

You want something accurate, yet light is how I'm reading your post. I hate to be someone who offers X when you ask about Y and Z, but it sure seems like a PredaTAR would get what you're looking for, although I'm not sure it's a true DMR rifle.

I'm a happy MWS owner and my only complaint is it's nose heavy, which I'm in the process of getting fixed. I have no experience with the REPR but it's a nice looking rifle.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 3:24:08 PM EDT
[#5]
I have both. The repr is a higher quality fit and finish, but the mws is a better shooter. Both are heavy pigs.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top