Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/25/2015 7:49:56 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 11:29:50 AM EDT
[#1]
I think the key part is the gas port size.  Im running an 8" with a .104" gas port, KX3, full auto carrier, and a heavy buffer.  I did put an adjustable gas block, so I can dial it down if too much gas.  The Syrac Ordnance gas block came with a long allen wrench to adjust the gas block, so I do not have to remove the fore end.  I have had no problems running subsonic or supersonic, unsuppressed.  I do plan on getting a suppressor in the future, so I may dial the gas block down some more.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 11:38:53 AM EDT
[#2]
.300blk was designed for a 9" barrel and all standard parts except the barrel.  An adjustable gas block is not necessary.  An H2 buffer is the standard one to use for the round, although many people (myself included) use a Spikes T2.  I have an 8.5" (CMMG) with a Noveske KX3 and it runs anything I put in it.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 7:41:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
.300blk was designed for a 9" barrel and all standard parts except the barrel.  An adjustable gas block is not necessary.  An H2 buffer is the standard one to use for the round, although many people (myself included) use a Spikes T2.  I have an 8.5" (CMMG) with a Noveske KX3 and it runs anything I put in it.
View Quote

It is preferred if you only shoot one type of ammo.  If you want to go from subs to supers it is not needed.

I made the mistake of buying an adj gas block when I want to shoot both and now my OCD makes me adjust it when I switch ammo types.  PITA
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 4:44:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Seriously!!!! We need to end the 300BLK, adjustable gas block notion. Why would one group of people try to open up the gas port and another use a adjustable gas block to shrink the gas port? Read this, it's 80-90% of what you need to know about 300BLK

http://automagtic.com/300-blackout

I was on the same boat as you. Only shooting supers was good. But once I loaded a shot a Sub...A new world opened up. The recoil and sound was so much smoother.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 5:58:54 AM EDT
[#5]
an adjustable gas block is not a requirement

it will not hurt having one. I do, but I have not adjusted it in over 5 years and shoot subs and supers suppressed and unsuppressed with no issue
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 6:58:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 12:48:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
sounds good guys.  now ammo just needs to come down to 5.56 prices.
View Quote

Reloading is where it's at. I make a few hundred last week for 1/3 the cost or less with quality components.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 5:14:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Reloading is where it's at. I make a few hundred last week for 1/3 the cost or less with quality components.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Out of curiosoty, what were your estimated costs to get all the tools/equipment needed to reload? I've never seriously considered it until I built my first 300 blackout.  Now I may need to change my tune...
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 6:49:21 PM EDT
[#9]
pistol gas length.
7.5 barrel
it will run subs all day. 100% reliable
I never use ar15 carriers. Get and adjustable gas block and you can tune it down nice and soft.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 8:34:55 PM EDT
[#10]
seriously an adjustable gas block isnt needed unless you do a fudd move and drill a giant hole in the gas port .  I really dont know why people insist on fcking up a barrel so they will have a need to fix it . I shoot an 8.5 inch cmmg barrel and never have an issue shooting subs or supers suppressed or not. I use an h2 buffer standard carbine spring and an ar15 bolt carrier  , I dont get blinded by gas , bruised from recoil or fubar my brass . I just shoot then reload the brass and shoot some more .
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 9:15:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Out of curiosoty, what were your estimated costs to get all the tools/equipment needed to reload? I've never seriously considered it until I built my first 300 blackout.  Now I may need to change my tune...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I started with a $300 single stage but moved up to a Dillon. Reloading the 300 makes it much more enjoyable. The dillon was about $500 after extras and caliber conversions.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 2:36:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 3:39:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Case conversion is where it can get crazy. I started with the harbor freight chop saw and lee trimmer but the dillon trimmer is awesome and on my short list.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 9:21:40 PM EDT
[#14]
I get almost as much joy out of reloading the ammo that performs the best in my rifles as I do shooting them.

There's a lot of personal satisfaction in being able to put together a load that shoots a group that's three times smaller than an off the shelf factory "match" load.

Cool thing was this was the first time out with my own loads for my 300 Blackout that I finished building last week.

Five rounds fired at 100 yards with a quartering headwind and cold temp-----guess which round was the last one fired!!!!!!

H110, 17.1 grains, Sierra 125 grain match bullet. Barrel is a CMMG 16 incher with a JP brake.

Rifle shot best group with the recommended starting load for the Sierra boolet which is cool--saves powder and saves brass!!!!

Link Posted: 3/28/2015 3:31:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

These were our original requirements for this caliber: Muzzle energy has to equal or exceed the AK-47. .30 Caliber projectile. Use unmodified 30 round magazines to full capacity. Use unmodified AR-15/M-16/M-4 bolt. Gas impingement system. Shoot super and subsonic. And one thing that was nice, but was not a ‘deal killer’, was non-adjustable gas system. Cycle all four ways – subsonic suppressed and unsuppressed, and supersonic suppressed and unsuppressed.....Kevin Btittingham
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 2:37:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Parrandero,
When you designed and developed was there a specific powder used or is it a burning range of powder to use?
I have over 14#'s each of 1680 and H110.
Oh by the way: I too had a "parrandero" phase of my life, but I got married;)
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top