Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/1/2015 6:39:36 PM EDT
Replace the heavy QD swivels with ALG forged light weight 7075 T6 aluminum QD swivels.  Rated @ 800 lb.  Weigh approx. .5 oz ea.  About 1/2 the weight of steel swivels.

Just ordered them for my LR308's

Link Posted: 3/1/2015 7:17:34 PM EDT
[#1]
LR308s need all the help they can get.

I will look into this for my rifles.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 8:33:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Or you could've just loaded one less round in the magazine
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 9:06:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Or don't use a sling.   You will save some definite ounces.....for free.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 9:24:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Or you could've just loaded one less round in the magazine
View Quote

Never!
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 9:45:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Lol $60 bucks for fuggin swivels
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 9:59:47 PM EDT
[#6]
You could have bought almost 4 ounces of silver.

At least it is still cheaper than sending an ounce to space.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 12:04:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Nice looking QD and you can't beat Geissele design or quality but for $60 that is a plain old a$$ raping.  At least they should have stamped Geissele on it rather than ALG.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 4:52:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 8:26:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Yuuuuup...  

Quoted:
...Weigh approx. .5 oz ea. About 1/2 the weight of steel swivels.

.5 ounce weight savings for $60!?!?

You could save MORE weight for LESS money (by applying the $60 per 1/2 ounce) by having Marvin Pitts do some work to your barrel.

~Will
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 9:28:46 PM EDT
[#10]
JoshAshtonThis is why we need a lightweight forum.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/4/2015 10:30:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Ok... Something to think about here.  You do NOT want some cheap Chinese QD swivel that will come apart and cause you to drop a 2K rifle and scope.

Good heavy duty QD swivels are not cheap.  See link below.

https://danieldefense.com/mounts/heavy-duty-push-button-quick-detach-qd-sling-swivel.html

So good heavy duty QD swivels are $32 a pair.

The ALG are light weight QD swivels are $28 each or $56 a pair.  

So by spending $24 dollars more i get QD swivels that weigh 1/2 as much.  Not a bad deal imho.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 11:38:25 AM EDT
[#12]
As long as you have fully convinced yourself of that lol
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 10:21:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Nice looking QD and you can't beat Geissele design or quality but for $60 that is a plain old a$$ raping.  At least they should have stamped Geissele on it rather than ALG.
View Quote

The ones marked Geissele are $95 each and have a small "g" stamped on the ring....
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 11:19:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

No doubt. That's morevthan my whole sling and I thought it was expensive.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 12:03:16 PM EDT
[#15]
I was taught at the Infantry School to remove the sling in the field. Snags on everything including the gear I was wearing.

And if you dropped your weapon, you got immediate feedback from Drill Instructors on your error.

Graduates of the Infantry School do not drop their weapons, nor do they need a sling. They don't transition to a pistol or shotgun, the weapon is their primary and only means of defense, so they treat it accordingly. MP's might need to retain it during street detentions, 3Gunners use them in competition.

Infantry just shoot with two hands on the gun at all times. No slings. Don't use them deer hunting on my AR's either. Same problems, snag up on everything and are no help.

You hang up on a combat hatch exit from a M113 and you will wind up with boot marks up your back. No slings.

Exit a Hummer or old school Blazer in the day, door handles and knobs abound. No slings.

Just say no to $50 slings and $60 swivels.  HD slings and expensive forged swivels are like using aircraft cable for a dog tag chain.

Not for me.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 3:51:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 4:10:53 PM EDT
[#17]
$60 for swivels is absolute derrière defilement.  HA

Here is $12 for a pair of heavy duty QD swivels.  Even free shipping.  I've bought several dozen over the years with no problems.

Vendor name banned on this site.

Kley-Zion Heavy Duty D Loop Quick Detach Sling Swivels 2/Pack $12

Link Posted: 3/6/2015 5:42:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I was taught at the Infantry School to remove the sling in the field. Snags on everything including the gear I was wearing.

And if you dropped your weapon, you got immediate feedback from Drill Instructors on your error.

Graduates of the Infantry School do not drop their weapons, nor do they need a sling. They don't transition to a pistol or shotgun, the weapon is their primary and only means of defense, so they treat it accordingly. MP's might need to retain it during street detentions, 3Gunners use them in competition.

Infantry just shoot with two hands on the gun at all times. No slings. Don't use them deer hunting on my AR's either. Same problems, snag up on everything and are no help.

You hang up on a combat hatch exit from a M113 and you will wind up with boot marks up your back. No slings.

Exit a Hummer or old school Blazer in the day, door handles and knobs abound. No slings.

Just say no to $50 slings and $60 swivels.  HD slings and expensive forged swivels are like using aircraft cable for a dog tag chain.

Not for me.
View Quote

US Special forces.  I do think that's a sling attached to his stock.

This guy even has a dog in a sling!  Bet infantry just grabs the dog by the scruff of the neck and its tail and jump.

Link Posted: 3/12/2015 8:44:09 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/2/23298/1803227-special_forces_soldier1.jpg

This guy even has a dog in a sling!  Bet infantry just grabs the dog by the scruff of the neck and its tail and jump.

http://scottsdalerealestateusa.com/image_store/uploads/6/2/0/5/9/ar132891345895026.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not for me.

http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/2/23298/1803227-special_forces_soldier1.jpg

http://scottsdalerealestateusa.com/image_store/uploads/6/2/0/5/9/ar132891345895026.jpg

Wow that Paratrooper Dog has a man slung to him.
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 5:45:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Not for me.
View Quote

That's odd, this must have been the super high speed infantry school everyone always heard about but wasn't allowed to talk about.  Delta dawgs lol
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top