Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/24/2015 8:10:01 PM EDT
I handled the new Remington R25 Gen II at SHOT, and it's a solid-feeling rifle based on the DPMS G2, with some unique Remington specs that make it different:

* Upper Receiver 1913 Rail has an indexed notch in it at the front to interface with their specific lightweight handguards

* Carbon Fiber Handguard with vents

* Unique stock with a special recoil pad

* Infinity camouflage which is embedded into the material deeply, unlike their previous hydro-dipped patterns on the R25.  You could see how deep the camo pattern was in the vent holes, and it appeared to be at least 2mm of depth.

Here's a write-up on it from The Firearm Blog:   Gun Review:  Remington R25 G2

Link Posted: 1/24/2015 8:11:09 PM EDT
[#1]
More interested in the Remington Defense models.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 8:22:05 PM EDT
[#2]
How much?
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 11:44:35 PM EDT
[#3]
2 inch groups at 200 yards, neeling beside a table and monopodding off the magazine.

I wish they would release receivers and parts so we could build a good rifle out of one without buying one of those heavy barrels and rails/tubes to throw away...
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 5:49:26 PM EDT
[#4]
They're selling rifles as fast as they can make them right now, just 1 year into G2 production.  They have announced plans to offer parts (DPMS has), but it doesn't make a lot of sense for them to sell critical core components out from underneath their supply chain so competitors can horn in and capitalize off their efforts.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 10:43:55 PM EDT
[#5]
I hear you.  I'm still not interested in any of the models they've released yet, and I'm doubtful I will be.

I'm thinking really hard about selling one of my nice sticks and biting the bullet anyway.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 12:01:46 AM EDT
[#6]
When customers going through Cabella's, Sportsman's Warehouse, Scheel's, Bass Pro Shop, and their local gun stores hold and feel the G2 line-up for the first time, they are going to do a double-take.

DPMS told me that Remington is going to have the G2 R25 in 7mm-08, which probably makes sense for that chambering to be in the Remington line.

I just did a search on ammoseek for 7mm-08, and it's a lot more available than I thought.  Expensive, but available.

I'm really interested to see what the .338 Federal does and how that will change the hunting world.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 1:08:26 AM EDT
[#7]
I wonder how much crossover there still is.    Before the whole Bushmaster closing DPMS made the R-25 for Remington and the 308 models for Bushmaster.   Since all three were owned by the same company.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 1:56:28 AM EDT
[#8]
The R25 G2 upper is different, in that it has a notch for indexing their carbon fiber handguard to the upper receiver's 1913 rail.  That's the only main difference I could see from a production standpoint, aside from the furniture.

Remington Defense also had a G2 tactical line geared towards military clients.

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 10:47:08 AM EDT
[#9]
That stock... My only wish is that it came in black.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top