Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 3:03:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You can  get it for $11.99 / 20 for cheap stuff that is still quality.

Comparing same quality it is cheaper than .308.

Reloading is cheap.

Sales are up, more ammo companies are making it, more LEO and others are adopting it.

It is actually growing, not the opposite.
View Quote

Where????
I already 6.8 and would like those prices
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 4:05:03 AM EDT
[#2]
There were several places. PSA had it but is out of stock right now.

Guys look. Federal, over the last two years did several things.

One, was open up a line in the Anoka plant turning out 6.8 military ammo 24/7. 150 million rounds per year. What is significant about the 24/7 operation ? Only 5.56. 9mm. and 7.62 NATO have a dedicated 24/7 operation. Ask yourself, if the cartridge was dying, why they would dedicate an entire line to producing it.

Next, in addition to that line, they added several new commercial offerings including the Fusion line.

Lapua is making brass now, just came out.

Hornady added / is adding the GMX line in 6.8, designed for the the 6.8 and not the .270.

There is a new FMJ plinking round.

Winchester is rumored to be in development. Strong rumor.

There are a lot of things going on in the 6.8 world, actually as much or more than any other of the major AR calibers.

Reliable mags can now be bought from several companies, some as low as under $10. PSA had a sale for $6.99 6.8 mags, and PRI mags are selling or were a few weeks ago for $25 instead of $40.

Link Posted: 1/25/2015 7:00:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Seen 5 boxes total in a year or more.  Carry is a little optomistic.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
You need to get into reloading. The 6.8 SPC isn't expensive to reload for. The ammo you quoted is shit ammo.

And I can reload .308 for the same as reloading 6.8 and an added bonus is I can buy 308 at Walmart if need be.

Walmart carries Federal Fusion 6.8

I've never seen it at Walmart but did see 3 boxes of .300blk for the first time the other day.  Does that mean .300blk is here to stay just because Walmart carries it?  

I think the 6.8 may be hurting a bit since the .300blk has been out but as long as people are buying them they aren't going anywhere.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 2:26:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

My search-fu must be weak this morning. Can you point me in the right direction or is it not on their site yet? It's not under their new for 2015 page.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 3:03:47 PM EDT
[#5]
I like the 6.8 SPC II. It has more punch for DRT deer.
In my state, we can't hunt with .22
Lighter platform than a AR10
Slap the upper on any AR15 lower -- gtg
Just bought a hoard of 5$ PSA mags
plus, I have two complete PSA 6.8 uppers I bought for $ 389 each and two
ARP barrels waiting for extra $ for good handguards.
S&B ammo is getting cheaper + SSA, FED, etc. are producing
ammo as well.
It ain't gonna die with me
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 5:17:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
You need to get into reloading. The 6.8 SPC isn't expensive to reload for. The ammo you quoted is shit ammo.

And I can reload .308 for the same as reloading 6.8 and an added bonus is I can buy 308 at Walmart if need be.

By that logic, may I assume that .22LR is extinct, as I've seen exactly zero at my local WM in over 2 years?

6.8's not going anywhere. Whole lotta punch in a AR15 & perfect for deer & hogs. Hell, I believe elk & black bear have been taken with it as well.

I went 6.8, 'cos the .223/5.56 is a 1/2 assed anti-personnel round (in my mind) & I wanted to pack a lot more punch out to 400yds or so. From the looks of it, quite a few others feel the same.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 5:29:58 PM EDT
[#7]
I got into the 6.8 back when it first started because I hate the 5.56 and loved what the 6.8 brought performance wise. The 5.56 is just lacking imho. I sold off my stuff twice early on because I couldn't find ammo or mags outside the pricey PRI or Barrett mags. Back then SSA was it for ammo and they were always out.
Well turn around to this past year and I decided to venture back into the 6.8 world and am glad I did. There are barrels, bolts, ammo, mags,.... easily available and reasonably priced.
My personal opinion based on a comparison of the early days to today, I think it has turned the corner from wildcat startup to full fledge, nearly mainline caliber. It's here to stay.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 6:56:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Not even close, just built one for a friend!

IMG_5066
by 556 Channel (HD), on Flickr
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 7:55:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I like the 6.8 SPC II. It has more punch for DRT deer.
In my state, we can't hunt with .22
Lighter platform than a AR10
Slap the upper on any AR15 lower -- gtg
Just bought a hoard of 5$ PSA mags
plus, I have two complete PSA 6.8 uppers I bought for $ 389 each and two
ARP barrels waiting for extra $ for good handguards.
S&B ammo is getting cheaper + SSA, FED, etc. are producing
ammo as well.
It ain't gonna die with me
View Quote

That's not true. You can rifle hunt (AND handgun/pistol hunt) with a centerfire .220 or larger caliber in Minnesota.

On top of that, there's no restrictions on mag capacity, bullet weight or even required ft-lbs of energy at 50yds, 100yds, etc.  Hunting in MN is far less restricted than here in CO.  Here we have min caliber requirements (.243 or larger for rifle), min. Barrel lengths (16" or longer and must be min. of 26" OAL), min ft-lbs. of energy (min 1000ft-lbs @ 100yds), minimum bullet weight (70gr for deer, 85gr for elk/moose), maximum of 6 round capacity (1 chambered,  5 in mag), etc.

I hunt there every year with my Dad and brothers (central/northern part of the state), where rifles are allowed.

I always bring at least a couple rifles, whether it was the 6.5, the 300, bolt guns, etc., and I always bring at least one 5.56 too.

And yes, with a good bullet and more importantly, shot placement, my 5.56 has taken a number of MN whitetails.

eta- here's the link to MN DNR

MN hunting caliber requirements

eta 2- I can't hunt with my 300 SBR here in CO, even if I limit my mag capacity to the legal maximum, because the barrel is too short.

But if I take the stock and vfg off (converting it back into the pistol it was originally built as)... I can hunt with it.  That's how stupid CO's hunting requirements are.

Link Posted: 1/25/2015 8:56:28 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I've never seen it at Walmart but did see 3 boxes of .300blk for the first time the other day.  Does that mean .300blk is here to stay just because Walmart carries it?  
I think the 6.8 may be hurting a bit since the .300blk has been out but as long as people are buying them they aren't going anywhere.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep, Walmart never has 22LR on the shelf, so it's going down Dodo way, and the HMR and WMR are rarely there, so they are obviously on their last leg as well. This isn't GD.

6.8 has never shown up in any quantity.  300 BO supersonic showed up in a full case a few days ago at the local WM.

Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:44:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I went 6.8, 'cos the .223/5.56 is a 1/2 assed anti-personnel round (in my mind)
View Quote

lol..
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:57:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Where????
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You can  get it for $11.99 / 20 for cheap stuff that is still quality.

Comparing same quality it is cheaper than .308.

Reloading is cheap.

Sales are up, more ammo companies are making it, more LEO and others are adopting it.

It is actually growing, not the opposite.

Where????

Just look up prices for S&B 110 FMJ.
Fine brass from reports, Uses SRP.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 6:58:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

Are you sure you don't mean Nosler? Which took over SSA . . .
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 7:04:46 PM EDT
[#14]
P.S. If you reload, the 90g pulled Federal (Speer Gold Dots I believe) were had for ~.12c/pc about a month ago. I'm reloading those for under .20c/rd.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 8:07:54 PM EDT
[#15]
AR guys always seem to look for the "Holy Grail" of cartridges, as if all other cartridges will fall by the wayside as soon as the mystical powers of this or that round are finally exposed for all to see.

In reality, what we are seeing is simply a further development of a trend that has been going on in gunmaking for about 150 years since the introduction of the self-contained cartridge.

First, with single shot rifles appropriate rounds were developed.  Then, manually operated repeating arms were developed.  Numerous cartridges hovered around several types of actions.  Then, automatic arms were spun out that had rounds appropriate to them.

And all along the trail we saw both civilian and military developments, sometimes borrowing from each other, sometimes differing.

Well, in the civilian world in the last 20 years we've seen the introduction of the AR action type.  It was associated with only 2 rounds in its infancy, but as time went by it became obvious it could handle many more.  They have been introduced.  And we may indeed see even more.

So no, the 6.8 isn't dead.  It is just one more round that has a certain following.  That following seems to be holding its own, possibly somewhat less now than in the recent past, although that might not be true either as marketing hype sometimes give impressions of popularity that are not in fact true.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 8:36:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My bad memory. I got Norma mixed up with Lapua.

An email from American Reloading went out saying Norma was making the brass for Nosler. The price on it is certainly high enough.
It may be stricter standards and the bought out SSA stuff, but it's marked as Nosler, not SSA. Norma does make some brass for Nosler, but this is speculation now on what we thought was solid info.

There are some big things in the works and quite a few other advancements though according to two top sources that were at SHOT, Dr. Chris Lucci (HTR) and Brett from Ironworks.On the 68forums site there is more detail, but there is a thing or two they can't discuss yet that is supposed to be really big.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 8:43:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
P.S. If you reload, the 90g pulled Federal (Speer Gold Dots I believe) were had for ~.12c/pc about a month ago. I'm reloading those for under .20c/rd.
View Quote

What kind of groups do those pulled bullets shoot? I almost bought some (probably should have). I was holding out for some 110 grain pulls.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 9:42:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

What kind of groups do those pulled bullets shoot? I almost bought some (probably should have). I was holding out for some 110 grain pulls.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Far more accurate then what the price point would suggest. Several people have said they have won competitions firing this bullet. I'm testing a new load with a higher charge weight, but may go down to the lower node to use a range fodder.

Without much effort we we're getting 4" groups at 411 yards with a 10 power scope off the bipod a few months ago. They will shoot 1/2" groups at 100 yards with the proper barrel and load if not better.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 9:52:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Far more accurate then what the price point would suggest. Several people have said they have won competitions firing this bullet. I'm testing a new load with a higher charge weight, but may go down to the lower node to use a range fodder.

Without much effort we we're getting 4" groups at 411 yards with a 10 power scope off the bipod a few months ago. They will shoot 1/2" groups at 100 yards with the proper barrel and load if not better.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I should add, that I hope the 6.8 Pipsqueak doesn't die, as we like the light .270 bullets it is stuck with.

They give us 3550 fps from our .270 Win's and good field accuracy...........

Link Posted: 1/26/2015 10:03:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sub MOA is great loading using anything. Usually better than I do with non blems.

If/when RMR gets some more I'm not going to hesitate.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 10:04:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I should add, that I hope the 6.8 Pipsqueak doesn't die, as we like the light .270 bullets it is stuck with.

<a href="http://s38.photobucket.com/user/Skaapskieter/media/CoyoteHUNTING/coyhead1.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e115/Skaapskieter/CoyoteHUNTING/coyhead1.jpg</a>
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

<a href="http://s38.photobucket.com/user/Skaapskieter/media/CoyoteHUNTING/coyhead1.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e115/Skaapskieter/CoyoteHUNTING/coyhead1.jpg</a>

Now I want a .270 bolt gun...then will need a scope, then dies... It never ends.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 11:04:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

lol..
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I went 6.8, 'cos the .223/5.56 is a 1/2 assed anti-personnel round (in my mind)

lol..

Don't know if you're laughing at me or agreeing with me. I was issued an M16A1 & later an A2 for 20 years & just never thought much of the round. I know it seems to kill both humans & deer well enough. When it comes to cleanly taking "deer-sized" game out to 400 yds, I just prefer to pack as big a punch as I can.

I've got a 6.8 now & a 10.5" 300BLK (that I may re-barrel to .277WLV) on the way. I've got an "extra" lower that I'm planning on turning into a .358MGP. I like all the different flavors.

Back on the topic of the 6.8's demise, I will say ammo & components are easier to find & cheaper than when I jumped "into" the 6.8 a couple years ago. That tells me it's becoming more available & more popular. 90gr pills seem to work very well. Not hunted with any, but my SSA 90gr TNTs are amazingly accurate. 110ABs & 120SSTs shoot just as well. In fact, the only rifle I've owned (not that many, admittedly) that was more accurate was my CZ452 Varmint in .17HMR.

6.8's far from dead, I think. Lot more guys down here in NC either switching to or adding a 6.8.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 10:28:36 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here are some 5 shot 100 yard groups I shot with my 16" ARP barreled 6.8 SPC. I was using a 5X power scope, so the groups could have been better. The squares are 1".

6.8 SPC 90gr Gold Dots with H4198

6.8 SPC 90gr Gold Dots with RL7
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 10:45:37 AM EDT
[#24]

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The SPC will become popular if they can get the ammo prices down to .40-.50c When I buy 300win/30-06 from PSA for $13box and 6.8 is the same or more

The cartridge is a semi 30-30 useful but still has its limits trying to fill a niche.

have I thought about buying a PSA FN complete upper for $390, until I look at the ammo price and think the only feasible way would to reload and I just don't shoot enough for that.

Exactly, I can shoot my AR10 for the same cost as a 6.8. And vs. a 7.62x39 upper? Forget about it.

S&B 6.8 SPC Ammo $13.99 a Box

13.99 + $2 box shipping, so its 15.99

Math

15.99/20= $.80

If it does not say free shipping I pay little attention to what they have. They raised their shipping %40 after the first.

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 2:27:56 PM EDT
[#25]
6.8 SPC is accurate like all cartridges.  Here's one Steve Holland shot when he was developing the cartridge.  Rifle was a rebarrelled CZ527 IIRC.

CD
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 2:44:14 PM EDT
[#26]
Not dead here
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 9:33:55 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Here are some 5 shot 100 yard groups I shot with my 16" ARP barreled 6.8 SPC. I was using a 5X power scope, so the groups could have been better. The squares are 1".

http://i344.photobucket.com/albums/p360/memsu06/68SPC-90FedGD-286grH4198_zpse86cf9a8.jpg?1421695071055&1421695071519

http://i344.photobucket.com/albums/p360/memsu06/68SPC-90FedGD-292grRL7_zps1f417985.jpg?1421695071055&1421695071519
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i344.photobucket.com/albums/p360/memsu06/68SPC-90FedGD-286grH4198_zpse86cf9a8.jpg?1421695071055&1421695071519

http://i344.photobucket.com/albums/p360/memsu06/68SPC-90FedGD-292grRL7_zps1f417985.jpg?1421695071055&1421695071519

Nice shooting
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 5:51:32 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Nice shooting
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nice shooting

I would agree.

Now, many an expert here would say because they aren't 10 shot groups that the results are erroneous & inconclusive...
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 8:52:42 AM EDT
[#29]
.308 is a geat caliber, common and good bang for the buck whether you reload or not. But AR10s are heavier and more expensive than AR15s, and for those of us who have a spare lower lying around waiting for an upper a 6.8 upper is a cheap setup. A few years ago when ARP and LMT stopped making their 7.62x39 enhanced bolts there was talk that 7.62x39 was drying up but I and alot of others are still shooting it, and new sources of 'super' bolts are on the market. And didn't one of the big box stores start carrying 6.8 on the shelf?
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 9:30:43 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
.308 is a geat caliber, common and good bang for the buck whether you reload or not. But AR10s are heavier and more expensive than AR15s, and for those of us who have a spare lower lying around waiting for an upper a 6.8 upper is a cheap setup. A few years ago when ARP and LMT stopped making their 7.62x39 enhanced bolts there was talk that 7.62x39 was drying up but I and alot of others are still shooting it, and new sources of 'super' bolts are on the market. And didn't one of the big box stores start carrying 6.8 on the shelf?
View Quote

ARP is making bolts for the 6.5 Grendel again...dunno if they'll work with the 7.62x39.

800 series bolts on the way again too.

And just to sorta keep it on-topic, I love my 6.8 uppers...and one of these days I might build a Grendel.

It's all good.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 11:32:26 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

ARP is making bolts for the 6.5 Grendel again...dunno if they'll work with the 7.62x39.

And just to sorta keep it on-topic, I love my 6.8 uppers...and one of these days I might build a Grendel.

It's all good.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's all good.

Actually the biggest news from ARP since you brought it up is the Six5 barrels are in and shipping.
That is the 6.8SPC case necked down to a 6.5
Same performance as the 6.5G but with better feeding
The 6.8 case is easily becoming the go to for AR15 wildcats.
Everything from .20 cal to the .30 Herret
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 11:56:09 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Actually the biggest news from ARP since you brought it up is the Six5 barrels are in and shipping.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's all good.

I hear ya...I'm looking at the .22 version and going hmmm...

Link Posted: 1/28/2015 1:51:03 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's all good.

Never had feeding problems with my 6.5G

ymmv
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 3:29:48 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I hear ya...I'm looking at the .22 version and going hmmm...

View Quote

Honestly, I tend to think the best cartridge based on the 6.8 case would be a heavy-bullet .224 diameter IMO.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 10:04:47 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

ymmv
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's all good.

ymmv

+1

Sometimes I wonder if these threads are started just to drum up business...

I mean really, of course the 6.8 is here to stay.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 4:59:48 AM EDT
[#36]
The 6.8 is an established caliber.

Its demise has been greatly exaggerated by the misinformed.  

Link Posted: 2/2/2015 2:28:24 AM EDT
[#37]
Nope.  All sporting goods shops I frequent that sell ammo always have plenty of 6.8 in stock.  If it was dead I don't think 6.8 ammo would be taking up shelf space.
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 10:37:42 AM EDT
[#38]
Wait wait. Tell me more about this 6.8 necked down to .22. That sounds like my kind of cartridge. Kind of like a little 22-250.
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 12:46:03 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Wait wait. Tell me more about this 6.8 necked down to .22. That sounds like my kind of cartridge. Kind of like a little 22-250.
View Quote

The 5.56 x 6.8 ARP is the 6.8 SPC necked down to .224 and trimmed to 42mm, Hornady dies or Redding 6.8 bushing dies may be used. The round is incredibly accurate and produces 3000-3130 fps with the 75gr Amax, Berger at mag length or 3400-3550fps with 55gr Noslers for varmints. Several powders from 10x with 55gr bullets up to RE17 with 75s and 80s produce sub MOA .

It's basically a 22-250 in a standard AR15.
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 1:28:07 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

The 5.56 x 6.8 ARP is the 6.8 SPC necked down to .224 and trimmed to 42mm, Hornady dies or Redding 6.8 bushing dies may be used. The round is incredibly accurate and produces 3000-3130 fps with the 75gr Amax, Berger at mag length or 3400-3550fps with 55gr Noslers for varmints. Several powders from 10x with 55gr bullets up to RE17 with 75s and 80s produce sub MOA .

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Also BHW does a .22x68 and IIRC there is no trimming of the case
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 1:56:13 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

The 22X6.8 out of a Black Hole barrel will push 50's at 3750. 77's at 3250 or so and th e 69's at 3350. It is available in whatever profile you want ip to 24"with fluting a d finish choices from mild to wild. It truly is right on a 22-250 in an AR.  Case forming is done with a series of bushings in a REDDING die. Seating is done with the Hornady 22 seaters.  No case trimming is needed. I helped develop it so feel free to PM  me for information.

Barrel delivery is between six and eight weeks.  You get what you order not what someone tells you what you want. 24" tubes shine on this one and accuracy is hovering at 0.5 MOA with a decent load.

Greg
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 5:50:35 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

The 22X6.8 out of a Black Hole barrel will push 50's at 3750. 77's at 3250 or so and th e 69's at 3350. It is available in whatever profile you want ip to 24"with fluting a d finish choices from mild to wild. It truly is right on a 22-250 in an AR.  Case forming is done with a series of bushings in a REDDING die. Seating is done with the Hornady 22 seaters.  No case trimming is needed. I helped develop it so feel free to PM  me for information.

Barrel delivery is between six and eight weeks.  You get what you order not what someone tells you what you want. 24" tubes shine on this one and accuracy is hovering at 0.5 MOA with a decent load.

Greg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Greg

Does the necking down require neck reaming?
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 9:29:39 PM EDT
[#43]
Hopefully be able to hunt whitetail with the 6.8 next year here in IN. So it may even gain some popularity here.
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 10:36:49 PM EDT
[#44]
In the trashcan, next to the AK???

Link Posted: 2/3/2015 4:36:01 AM EDT
[#45]
I just read it's currently the most popular hunting caliber being purchased in the AR15 platform right now.  Far from dead.  Perhaps you were thinking the 300 BO?
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 4:51:50 AM EDT
[#46]
We don't need Privi for sure but they will probably get on the bandwagon eventually.  Right now there's Remington, Federal, Hornady, Nosler, S&B, SSA and others.  There's no scarcity of fairly cheap brass if you know where to look and plenty of good ammo available at good prices.  Far better than 300 BO ammo which pales in comparison to 6.8 SPC.

Need 6.8 ammo?  http://ammoseek.com/ammo/6.8mm-remington

Need 6.8 SPC primed brass:  http://www.shop.rmrbullets.com/68-SPC-Brass_c38.htm

Unprimed?  http://68forums.com/forums/showthread.php?51859-For-Sale-Once-Fired-Federal-6-8-SPC-Small-Primer-Brass
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 7:10:41 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I just read it's currently the most popular hunting caliber being purchased in the AR15 platform right now.  Far from dead.  Perhaps you were thinking the 300 BO?
View Quote

Really, you had to go there.  not only is your last statement false, it is obnoxious and stupid.

Link Posted: 2/3/2015 10:50:22 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

No way man... the 300BLK is entirely too tacticool... operator and all that... AND Travis Haley approved...
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 2:21:40 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Hopefully be able to hunt whitetail with the 6.8 next year here in IN. So it may even gain some popularity here.
View Quote

Hoping it passes through as well. My 458 socom needs a friend in the safe for deer hunting.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top