AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 2:42:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I would like some actual numbers that support your breathless claims that the B mags are the best mags available.  I understand they are better than the original disposable mags, but so is EVERYTHING.

I've seen no independent tests that compare b series mags with Pmags, much less with KAC mags.  You tirelessly spam this forum with empty claims, I would just like to see the hard data that backs up these claims.  

BTW, reading a press release from Armalite doesn't constitute research.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just what I thought, more fanboi bull but no hard data.

What exactly are you looking for?

{no numbers, but ArmaLite has extensive experience with both.  The Gen 2's outperformed the "originals" in their testing.  also, there are several references in the material {see Black Rifle e.g.} to the lack of perfection of the original design which needed improvement possibly largely because the original design spec was for a disposable magazine made of aluminum.} You make a good point, but I wasn't a fanboy before I researched the issue, but I guess you can say I became one after my research prompted me to go with the B Gen 2 mag gun and now I see the advantages.

I would like some actual numbers that support your breathless claims that the B mags are the best mags available.  I understand they are better than the original disposable mags, but so is EVERYTHING.

I've seen no independent tests that compare b series mags with Pmags, much less with KAC mags.  You tirelessly spam this forum with empty claims, I would just like to see the hard data that backs up these claims.  

I tested them.  ArmaLite has the data.  I did it for ArmaLite and FMS customers.
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 3:44:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I tested them.  ArmaLite has the data.  I did it for ArmaLite and FMS customers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

{no numbers, but ArmaLite has extensive experience with both.  The Gen 2's outperformed the "originals" in their testing.  also, there are several references in the material {see Black Rifle e.g.} to the lack of perfection of the original design which needed improvement possibly largely because the original design spec was for a disposable magazine made of aluminum.} You make a good point, but I wasn't a fanboy before I researched the issue, but I guess you can say I became one after my research prompted me to go with the B Gen 2 mag gun and now I see the advantages.

Are you at TACOM?
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 5:01:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Typical.  Unsubstantiated claims, no data, just more drivel, brought into any and all threads, for no reason.

OP, sorry to hijack your thread.
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 5:14:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Are you at TACOM?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you at TACOM?

This is when I was VP of Quality at ArmaLite.
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 12:41:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

If you're talking about replacing your rifle entirely, get an Armalite "A" model and keep your mags.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
See, this is the kind of dumb accident that could happen.
This guy is up front and honest with what he did.

http://myar10.wix.com/myar10horrorstory

This guy's experience with S&W customer service sounds identical to mine.  Damage looks damn near identical too.  Hopefully word will spread about S&W's business practices.  

On the topic of barrel profile, the pencil profile barrel is the whole reason I went with the M&P 10 in the first place.  They are the only ones who make anything like that (18"+, light profile, nitrided or chrome lined).  What I really wanted was a .308 AR with something more like an M-14 or FAL barrel... 21" pencil profile... but the Smith was the closest thing I could find.  

Maybe for its replacement I should just get the 20" barreled Armalite and send it off to be turned down to A1 profile forward of the gas block.  That would be almost exactly what I'm looking for.  It would suck to have to buy all new mags... I just bought 7 of the Magpul 25 rounders for this M&P the week before it blew up... but mags aren't that big of a deal in the scheme of things.

If you're talking about replacing your rifle entirely, get an Armalite "A" model and keep your mags.

It doesn't look like they make the A with the 20" CL barrel.

Oh well, I still have a DPMS-pattern rifle that will possibly become a 6.5 CM rig, so I have some use for those Pmags.
Link Posted: 2/6/2015 6:15:22 PM EDT
[#6]
OP,
S&WSupport has commented in the thread in the industry forum.
I would get a quote and let us know what a rebarrel is going to cost.

Quoted:
Hi,
We have released a new policy regarding repair work for any M&P Rifle that was not covered under the companies Warranty, or Lifetime Service Policy. Please see below:

Firearm Repair Services Policy

For firearms which are not covered by Smith & Wesson’s Limited Warranty or Lifetime Service Policy, the company will repair (Subject to parts availability) any Smith & Wesson handgun purchased on or after February 1, 1989, and any M&P series rifle subject to the customer’s payment of all repair and service fees and other conditions set forth herein.

All repairs and service work not covered by the limited Warranty or Lifetime Service Policy will be assessed a service charge and parts cost prior to any work being undertaken by Smith & Wesson.  Those charges will be reflected on an invoice sent to the customer.  The payment in full of the invoice must be received by Smith & Wesson before any service work will be performed.

Firearms for which the customer has declined to accept the quotation in the invoice will be returned to the customer in the condition in which the firearm was received.

Smith & Wesson reserves the right to refuse to repair any firearm, and the service policy does not extend to or include any repairs to firearms that have been altered or modified with after-market parts or accessories.

Nothing contained in this policy alters or changes any of the terms of the Limited Warranty or Lifetime Service Policy offered by Smith & Wesson.

If you have previously had a M&P Rifle that you were told could not be repaired because it was not covered, please contact our customer service department at : 1-800-331-0852 (USA)
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/6/2015 6:39:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Hope they do you right and and fix you up at a reasonable cost. Too bad they won't just sell you a barrel.

I am glad you shared this experience. I can say with most certainty that it did cost S&W a sale. I really wanted to like this rifle, but being unable to get parts is a no-go. I wouldn't have had any idea until I heard about this.

Quoted:
OP,

View All Quotes
Quoted:
OP,

Quoted:
Hi,
We have released a new policy regarding repair work for any M&P Rifle that was not covered under the companies Warranty, or Lifetime Service Policy. Please see below:

For firearms which are not covered by Smith & Wesson’s Limited Warranty or Lifetime Service Policy, the company will repair (Subject to parts availability) any Smith & Wesson handgun purchased on or after February 1, 1989, and any M&P series rifle subject to the customer’s payment of all repair and service fees and other conditions set forth herein.

All repairs and service work not covered by the limited Warranty or Lifetime Service Policy will be assessed a service charge and parts cost prior to any work being undertaken by Smith & Wesson.  Those charges will be reflected on an invoice sent to the customer.  The payment in full of the invoice must be received by Smith & Wesson before any service work will be performed.

Firearms for which the customer has declined to accept the quotation in the invoice will be returned to the customer in the condition in which the firearm was received.

Smith & Wesson reserves the right to refuse to repair any firearm, and the service policy does not extend to or include any repairs to firearms that have been altered or modified with after-market parts or accessories.

Nothing contained in this policy alters or changes any of the terms of the Limited Warranty or Lifetime Service Policy offered by Smith & Wesson.

If you have previously had a M&P Rifle that you were told could not be repaired because it was not covered, please contact our customer service department at : 1-800-331-0852 (USA)

Link Posted: 2/6/2015 6:40:00 PM EDT
[#8]

OP I hope you can get it fixed now.
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 8:11:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
OP,

View All Quotes
Quoted:
OP,

Quoted:
Hi,

Good to see Smith make it right
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 9:56:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Interested to see if the replacement barrel follows suit.
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 4:32:20 PM EDT
[#11]
I called S&W just a few minutes ago to attempt to send my rifle back in for repair under this new policy, and spoke with a Customer Service rep named Joe.  I told him about the policy stated in the quoted post, which he was not aware of.  He spoke to someone briefly, and came back saying that this is something S&W is going to be doing at some indefinite time in the future, but that they are not currently set up to do this type of repair and that it is not an option.  He reiterated that it is their policy not to perform in-house repairs at customer expense, and that they do not sell parts.  He said that the e-mail folks may have jumped the gun in stating a policy that has not been implemented yet, and that if I sent my rifle back to them it would just sit there indefinitely until they implement this policy.  So it appears I'm back to square one on this.
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 5:57:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I called S&W just a few minutes ago to attempt to send my rifle back in for repair under this new policy, and spoke with a Customer Service rep named Joe.  I told him about the policy stated in the quoted post, which he was not aware of.  He spoke to someone briefly, and came back saying that this is something S&W is going to be doing at some indefinite time in the future, but that they are not currently set up to do this type of repair and that it is not an option.  He reiterated that it is their policy not to perform in-house repairs at customer expense, and that they do not sell parts.  He said that the e-mail folks may have jumped the gun in stating a policy that has not been implemented yet, and that if I sent my rifle back to them it would just sit there indefinitely until they implement this policy.  So it appears I'm back to square one on this.
View Quote

that's pretty crappy.
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 9:27:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Wow. What a bunch of assclowns.
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 11:40:10 PM EDT
[#14]
OP how.much do you want for what you have? I am thinking about getting one of these and pulling the barrel for a heavier match barrel. Depending on oyur.price I maybe interested in taking it off of your hands. IM me if you want to sell it...
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 3:15:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Wow. What a bunch of assclowns.
View Quote

Why does that NOT surprise me.  Their bending, keep the pressure on S&W and they will feel more than the heat
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 3:59:16 PM EDT
[#16]
IM sent, Ghostface.
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 3:03:50 AM EDT
[#17]

/my shocked face

if you have been following S$W customer for the past half dozen years this thread reads like a textbook.
Link Posted: 2/15/2015 9:35:17 AM EDT
[#18]
SWsupports post from their industry forum.

Quoted:
Hi,
There was some miscommunication with the Customer Service reps.

The policy stands and IS in effect. (Please note: For blown barrels, the remedy is most likely going to be a discounted upper receiver only. We will most likely not re-barrel a blown barrel due to the nature of the malfunction and potential unforeseen damage to other parts.)

PARTS:
We have been working on this for almost a year now, we are in the process of implementing parts availability for the M&P10 and other platforms, but it is still a short ways off. We will post here as soon as this is implemented.

Thank you. S&W
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/15/2015 1:47:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Hi,
There was some miscommunication with the Customer Service reps.

The policy stands and IS in effect. (Please note: For blown barrels, the remedy is most likely going to be a discounted upper receiver only. We will most likely not re-barrel a blown barrel due to the nature of the malfunction and potential unforeseen damage to other parts.)

Thank you. S&W

Still trying to figure out what they are saying.. " (Please note: For blown barrels, the remedy is most likely going to be a discounted upper receiver only. We will most likely not re-barrel a blown barrel due to the nature of the malfunction and potential unforeseen damage to other parts.)

The first part says: For blown barrels, the remedy is most likely going to be a discounted upper receiver only.  The second part contradicts what was just said by adding: We will most likely not re-barrel a blown barrel due to the nature of the malfunction and potential unforeseen damage to other parts.
Unless I'm missing something here, the response is contradicting itself
Link Posted: 2/15/2015 4:30:07 PM EDT
[#20]
That's customer service for we aren't changing anything but please make this go away it looks bad.
Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top