Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/20/2014 9:19:42 PM EDT
Is Aero Precision M5 based on the GII or the GI?
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 9:45:40 PM EDT
[#1]
It's the longer receiver set and larger BCG that is used on the SR25 and DPMS LR-308 guns, which in simplified terms here means "G1" in the way you're framing it.

These terms are misnomers, other than the product line known as G2.

The Aero M5 is supposed to be compatible with many DPMS LR-308 parts, including the BCG, but I would get as much from them as possible to ensure correct fit and function.  You can use ArmaLite Inc. and DPMS barrels, with corresponding BCG's.  There are several other AR10 barrel sources as well, and many here have thrown them together, with mixed results in terms of function and form.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 11:09:49 PM EDT
[#2]
What LRRP said!

The M5 is a decent receiver set to work with. The quality is GTG. Just try not to cut corners, if you do a build. I'd suggest their BCG and LPK (over priced but gives you the correct pivot and take down pins) and a steel gas block. Also go with a good quality barrel with a MLGS or RLGS. And make sure you measure your gas port to ensure its the correct size. That's one of the many things LRRP has thought me.Very knowledgeable man.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It's the longer receiver set and larger BCG that is used on the SR25 and DPMS LR-308 guns, which in simplified terms here means "G1" in the way you're framing it.

These terms are misnomers, other than the product line known as G2.

The Aero M5 is supposed to be compatible with many DPMS LR-308 parts, including the BCG, but I would get as much from them as possible to ensure correct fit and function.  You can use ArmaLite Inc. and DPMS barrels, with corresponding BCG's.  There are several other AR10 barrel sources as well, and many here have thrown them together, with mixed results in terms of function and form.
View Quote

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top