Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/18/2014 11:29:41 AM EDT
Anyone know anything about these guys or how their barrels perform?  Looks like they are outta Jackhole Florida and make them in house.  Good prices but I wonder if they are worth a shit?  Can't really find anything online review wise on them  

http://wesguns.com/ar10-barrel-18-416-ss
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 11:53:40 PM EDT
[#1]
I was thinking about them as well. I was looking to build a cheap upper. Already have two nicer uppers. Anybody know if they fit DPMS uppers as well as how they shoot?
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 3:18:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Ordered a 308 barrel before Thanksgiving and have yet to see it.  Often they won't respond to emails or they say they will get back to you but never do.  Then they say it will be shipping soon.  Going to request a charge back early next week of I don't see anything.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 1:07:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I was thinking about them as well. I was looking to build a cheap upper. Already have two nicer uppers. Anybody know if they fit DPMS uppers as well as how they shoot?
View Quote

My buddy bought a few of these yesterday aero precision upper and lower for $250, pretty hard to beat Schuylers prices http://www.schuylerarmsco.com/product.m5-308-matched-set-assembled-upper-83-993
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 12:12:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

My buddy bought a few of these yesterday aero precision upper and lower for $250, pretty hard to beat Schuylers prices http://www.schuylerarmsco.com/product.m5-308-matched-set-assembled-upper-83-993
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks but just need a barrel. I want a lighter upper to switch out on a DPMS SASS. I have all the parts I need but a barrel.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 11:12:10 PM EDT
[#5]
So nobody has tried one of these?
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 12:55:52 AM EDT
[#6]
i got one of the black friday deals.  took a little bit, but they made it right with some phone calls and giving me some extra stuff for free.  haven't shot it yet bt they claim that the BCG and Barrels are checked prior to shipment  for headspace as well as accuracy...

waiting on a couple little things before i fire her.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 4:19:12 PM EDT
[#7]
I ended up ordering a 16" barrel. I had some questions on it as the description on the web page is not great. They answered the phone and answered my questions. No issues with that. I placed an order for two barrels on 1/14, last Wednesday. Was very surprised when the UPS man knocked on my door today. That was fast. I was looking for some cheap barrels for a couple of extra "fun" uppers only.  

The 16" 308 seemed to be good to go. I fitted it to the upper and fitted a gas block on just to test for fit. So far I have no issues with it and it looks good to go. I have not shot it and it will be a couple of months before I get a chance to shoot it. The threads, crown, finish, and feed ramps all seem good for the price I paid.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top