Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/18/2014 7:09:27 AM EDT
I just ordered one of these.  Figure if it sucks then no big loss.  Any chance these things are any good?  Looks like the sellers are selling hundreds of them.

Just search EBAY for '.308/308 TPI Competition' and you'll see them.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 8:18:04 AM EDT
[#1]
I see lots of chicom knockoff stuff being sold by the same sellers.  That would make we wary of machining problems, etc.

Link Posted: 12/18/2014 8:57:53 AM EDT
[#2]
When places and site sponsors like Primary Arms have regular 15% off muzzle devices sales, why would you risk an eBay purchase?  It is worth it IMO to pay $20 extra to know what I got was SAFE and not some chicom crap.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 11:46:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
When places and site sponsors like Primary Arms have regular 15% off muzzle devices sales, why would you risk an eBay purchase?  It is worth it IMO to pay $20 extra to know what I got was SAFE and not some chicom crap.
View Quote

Best advice right here.

Better option right here. cheaper too
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 11:50:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I just ordered one of these.  Figure if it sucks then no big loss. Any chance these things are any good?  Looks like the sellers are selling hundreds of them.

View Quote

If it's cut to small, the big loss could be life and/or limb, or you ruin your rifle. I'd say that's a pretty big risk.

EBay is known for people selling knock off crap. Is not worth the risk to save 20$.

There are plenty of inexpensive options out there, there really is no need to pinch pennies with eBay.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 12:29:59 PM EDT
[#5]
What do the reviews say? Feedback?
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 1:25:01 PM EDT
[#6]
So, lots of answers that say nothing. I have one of those and it works great. It is a basic design and hard to mess up. Beefy and on the heavy side but effective. There is also a "short" version that works as well but is a tad bit smaller overall.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 2:25:07 PM EDT
[#7]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

So, lots of answers that say nothing. I have one of those and it works great. It is a basic design and hard to mess up. Beefy and on the heavy side but effective. There is also a "short" version that works as well but is a tad bit smaller overall.
View Quote

Not really.  
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 6:32:57 PM EDT
[#8]
The design looks effective, just like other brakes. It is cheap, so if that is what you are looking for you really couldn't go wrong. Put it on the barrel and then run a cleaning rod down the bore to make sure the hole in the muzzle device is centered and large enough to clear the bullet. As long as everything clears, go shoot the shit out of it and let us know how it works for $20.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 3:58:06 AM EDT
[#9]
First thing I noticed.....No wrench cut outs!
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 7:46:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Check the sellers feedback.  If these are junk, everyone will say.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 12:44:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I just ordered one of these.  Figure if it sucks then no big loss.  Any chance these things are any good?  Looks like the sellers are selling hundreds of them.

View Quote

Take a look here to OP
http://www.northerngunparts.com/ar-m16-parts.aspx
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 1:17:05 PM EDT
[#12]
.308 TPI Competition muzzle break
They look like a bargain, I was able to find some hands on reviews from people in other forums and they all seemed positive on its functionality, I'm sure it'll work fine. Like others have said, run a cleaning rod down the pipe to make sure clearances are okay.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 2:25:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Ended up going with MI .308 Muzzle Brake.  $29.95

http://www.midwestindustriesinc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_ID=1200
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 3:55:39 PM EDT
[#14]
I got one of EBay for 22.22$ and love it. 3 large horizontal ports and 2 holes at 12* . Its awesome.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 5:20:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Went back and re-read some of the replies...

I stand corrected...

BUTT!!! not humbled, technically.

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top