Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 82
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 4:30:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'm digging the multicam. I may end up doing this to my eventual 7mm mag build on a savage action.

Where are you getting this done at?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I'm digging the multicam. I may end up doing this to my eventual 7mm mag build on a savage action.

Where are you getting this done at?

I sent the Upper and Lower to WW Guns for $85, Scope to Northwest Hydroprint for $65 and the rest to Liquid Gun works for like $350...i would stay away from liquid gun works if you want your stuff back quickly. they tend to take 2 months to finish your stuff and they dont respond to emails or calls. WW Guns and Northwest Hydroprint will have your stuff back to you in 3 weeks at the most.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 2:20:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Picked up the M5 set today. My lower is a newer one with a tension screw so that's cool. Thumbs up to Schuyler Arms for the fast shipping and great price.
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 2:10:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Here are my builds.

Target shot with 7mm08. I'm extremely pleased.

Long upper is 22" 7mm08 BHW Barrel.
Short upper is a 18" Faxon 308 Barrel

Other Parts
Aero Pins
Aero Bolt Catch (will try to find something else)
Fortis Switch Rail that will be shared between the 2 uppers.
Armalite buffer tube, buffer, and spring
Geissele SSA Trigger
SLR Adjustable Gas Block
Magpul CTR Stock (may add Larue Riser Later)
Vortex Viper HS-T 4-16X44 on 7mm08
Leupold VARI X II 3-9X40 on 308
Nikon 20 MOA Mount on 7mm08
Saker 7.62 Suppressor

Link Posted: 5/10/2015 2:02:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Just got my scope back and my AP M5-308 14.5 is all done!!!

" />

" />

" />
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 9:35:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Nice camo job. Don't set it down in the woods, or drop it in a field, you'll never find it.
View All Quotes

For real! That is awesome man. Hydro dip?
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 11:11:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Im getting close to having all my parts when my barrel arrives. What headspace gauges are you guys using?
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 11:15:50 PM EDT
[#8]

Just finished this build today: Sniper Grey Cerakoted. Furniture is Magpul Stealth Grey.
Aero M5 .308 upper
Aero M5 .308 lower
Aero 18"  length barrel 1:10 melonite barrel 4150 CMV
Rifle length gas tube
Utg Pro 15" Keymod rail
2 25 Pmag windowed mags
AFG2 fore - end grip
Magpul PRS stock
Alg ACT trigger
Magpul MIAD grip
 Phase 5 bolt release
BCM keymod sling mount
Troy QD swivel
A2 buffer tube, 308 buffer, 308 spring
Magpul MBUS front and rear sights
Aero NIB bolt
Seekins adjustable gas block dimpled and loctite
Rifle length gas tube
Seekins enhanced mag button
Correct length takedown and pivot pins
Armalite A10-A mag catch
A2 flash hider and crush washer - Sniper Grey
BCM Gunfighter Mod 4 Charge Handle
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 9:10:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
<a href="http://s1317.photobucket.com/user/rascalious1/media/AR%20308%202_zpshkaccm00.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1317.photobucket.com/albums/t635/rascalious1/AR%20308%202_zpshkaccm00.jpg</a>
<a href="http://s1317.photobucket.com/user/rascalious1/media/AR%20308%201_zpsmtvrjr3p.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1317.photobucket.com/albums/t635/rascalious1/AR%20308%201_zpsmtvrjr3p.jpg</a>
Just finished this build today: Sniper Grey Cerakoted. Furniture is Magpul Stealth Grey.
Aero M5 .308 upper
Aero M5 .308 lower
Rifle length gas tube
Utg Pro 15" Keymod rail
2 25 Pmag windowed mags
AFG2 fore - end grip
Magpul PRS stock
Alg ACT trigger
Magpul MIAD grip
 Phase 5 bolt release
BCM keymod sling mount
Troy QD swivel
Aero NIB bolt
Rifle length gas tube
Armalite A10-A mag catch
View Quote

Great looking build. That UTG handguard actually looks pretty great.
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 10:46:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
<a href="http://s1317.photobucket.com/user/rascalious1/media/AR%20308%202_zpshkaccm00.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1317.photobucket.com/albums/t635/rascalious1/AR%20308%202_zpshkaccm00.jpg</a>
<a href="http://s1317.photobucket.com/user/rascalious1/media/AR%20308%201_zpsmtvrjr3p.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1317.photobucket.com/albums/t635/rascalious1/AR%20308%201_zpsmtvrjr3p.jpg</a>
Aero M5 .308 upper
Aero M5 .308 lower
Rifle length gas tube
Utg Pro 15" Keymod rail
2 25 Pmag windowed mags
AFG2 fore - end grip
Magpul PRS stock
Alg ACT trigger
Magpul MIAD grip
 Phase 5 bolt release
BCM keymod sling mount
Troy QD swivel
Aero NIB bolt
Rifle length gas tube
Armalite A10-A mag catch
View Quote

agree the UTG pro keymod rail is killing it in for the pricepoint.. looks great.

tell us about your experience with the armalite AR10A mag catch, which button you using, and hows it functioning?
Link Posted: 5/16/2015 4:39:47 PM EDT
[#11]
AR10A bolt catch does not fit my M5 receiver.
The dimension from the pivot to the lowest point is too long.
Will not fit into the pocket on my M5.
It could be ground/reshaped to fit.

AR10A mag catch works perfectly with EMR button.
Normal button projection, Pmags lock in and drop free.
Link Posted: 5/16/2015 5:26:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Armalite 10A fits, looks and works GREAT. Using Pmag Windowed 25 round mags - Work GREAT!!!! I am using a Seekins Enhanced Button.
As for the UTG Pro Handguard, DO NOT use the supplied screws. This has been discussed on the Build It Yourself Thread. The screws are weak and easily snap off. Go to McMaster Carr and get some REAL screws.Screws
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 12:37:44 AM EDT
[#13]

Progress!!!  I received a SLR Intrepid rail as a birthday gift. Test fit everything just to get an idea on appearance. My muzzle brake and gas tube are inbound. Hope to be shooting by this weekend.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 1:45:25 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

http://i1317.photobucket.com/albums/t635/rascalious1/AR%20308%202_zpshkaccm00.jpg

http://i1317.photobucket.com/albums/t635/rascalious1/AR%20308%201_zpsmtvrjr3p.jpg

Aero M5 .308 upper

Aero M5 .308 lower

Rifle length gas tube

Utg Pro 15" Keymod rail

2 25 Pmag windowed mags

AFG2 fore - end grip

Magpul PRS stock

Alg ACT trigger

Magpul MIAD grip

Phase 5 bolt release

BCM keymod sling mount

Troy QD swivel

Aero NIB bolt

Rifle length gas tube

Armalite A10-A mag catch

View Quote

How do you like the  UTG Pro 15" Keymod rail?
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 2:54:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

I have one on my 6.8 SPC and it's pretty awesome for what it costs. Barrel nut is easy to tighten with the included barrel nut and wrench. You don't have to line up holes for the gas tube, but you do need to line barrel nut for the screws to secure the rail. It includes shims if you need them. With the design of the barrel nut you probably won't need them anyway. It feels good in the hand as well.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 2:57:16 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I have one on my 6.8 SPC and it's pretty awesome for what it costs. Barrel nut is easy to tighten with the included barrel nut and wrench. You don't have to line up holes for the gas tube, but you do need to line barrel nut for the screws to secure the rail. It includes shims if you need them. With the design of the barrel nut you probably won't need them anyway. It feels good in the hand as well.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Very nice, thanks for sharing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cXJ_uVTT3M

Hes a member here also.

Link Posted: 6/5/2015 8:46:35 PM EDT
[#17]

Ready for function testing tomorrow!!!!!
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 11:28:30 AM EDT
[#18]
Just a head's up...Aero Precision just released an "Enhanced" M5 .308 Lower Parts Kit on their site - $101.15 - http://aeroprecisionusa.com/m5-308-enhanced-lower-parts-kit.html

"Our M5 (.308) lower parts kit helps you to build a custom .308 AR from the ground up. Mil- spec dimensions and coating ensure the highest quality and correct component interface.
Our upgraged Enhanced Lower Parts Kit features a Magpul MOE Grip and Aero Precision Billet Trigger Guard."

Features:

Aero Precision M5 (.308) Complete Lower Parts Kit
   Our custom takedown and pivot pins are made to work with our M5 lower. They will work with DPMS-pattern lowers as well but will stick out further.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 11:32:17 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Just a head's up...Aero Precision just released an "Enhanced" M5 .308 Lower Parts Kit on their site - $101.15 - http://aeroprecisionusa.com/m5-308-enhanced-lower-parts-kit.html

"Our M5 (.308) lower parts kit helps you to build a custom .308 AR from the ground up. Mil- spec dimensions and coating ensure the highest quality and correct component interface.
Our upgraged Enhanced Lower Parts Kit features a Magpul MOE Grip and Aero Precision Billet Trigger Guard."

Features:

Our custom takedown and pivot pins are made to work with our M5 lower. They will work with DPMS-pattern lowers as well but will stick out further.
View Quote

Why would you add a billet trigger guard when the M5 lower already has a built in trigger guard
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 11:38:01 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Do you have a website you would reccomend ordering the UTG Pro 15" Keymod rail from?

Link Posted: 6/29/2015 1:16:07 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Why would you add a billet trigger guard when the M5 lower already has a built in trigger guard
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Features:

Because spare parts magically turn into more guns?  
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 3:46:00 AM EDT
[#22]
I'm looking into buying a rifle from Aero precision.  I'm a left handed shooter and I want to know from everyone's here experience on what I should do to improve my experience if I buy this rifle. I'm looking for a 20 inch barrel from which they sell. Also I wanted to know if they make the ambi lower official yet or do I have to buy a aftermarket ambi selector and ambi charging handle.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 3:18:43 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

I'm looking into buying a rifle from Aero precision.  I'm a left handed shooter and I want to know from everyone's here experience on what I should do to improve my experience if I buy this rifle. I'm looking for a 20 inch barrel from which they sell. Also I wanted to know if they make the ambi lower official yet or do I have to buy a aftermarket ambi selector and ambi charging handle.
View Quote

I’m also a lefty shooter & I just got a ambi-safety selector from Battle Arms Development & called it good. As far as a "Ambi M5 lower receiver", no clue on that.

Link Posted: 6/29/2015 3:35:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Features:

I like your style
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 3:50:36 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I’m also a lefty shooter & I just got a ambi-safety selector from Battle Arms Development & called it good. As far as a "Ambi M5 lower receiver", no clue on that.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't believe they make a full ambi lower at this time.  You can definitely install a BADASS and the Raptor 7.62 charging handle with no issues.
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 11:03:35 AM EDT
[#26]
I have searched a bit and can't find where anyone has put a Mega Barrel in an M5 set.

Has anyone done this with success?

EDIT:  revised my search and found a couple.

Link Posted: 7/16/2015 1:10:18 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I have searched a bit and can't find where anyone has put a Mega Barrel in an M5 set.

Has anyone done this with success?

EDIT:  revised my search and found a couple.

View Quote

I should have another test case for you tonight. I'm test firing a build later today.
Link Posted: 8/8/2015 2:03:42 PM EDT
[#28]
Has anyone had any problems with the Aero M5 upper Forward Assist not extending far enough intot he receiver for the AERO BCG to properly engage?

Troubleshooting and trying to figure this out.

~Will
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 10:32:04 AM EDT
[#29]
It wasn't an issue for me. Mine matched up perfectly. For what it is worth, my BCG, upper and FA were all Aero components.
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 10:45:26 AM EDT
[#30]
I just completed my build after compiling components over the past few months. The only issues that I had with the build were that the AP ejection port cover didn't mate with the upper so it won't latch (still need to fix) and when the rifle arrived, it came with a small gouge to the cerakote finish right to the front of the pivot pin well. AP did refund me the cost between a regular and a blemished lower, but I'm still slightly concerned about the durability of their cerakote job since I've heard mixed reviews. I'll be breaking the rifle in tomorrow.

Components:
Aero Precision M5. Stripped Upper Receiver FDE
Aero Precision .308 BCG
Aero Precision M5 Striped Lower FDE
Aero Precision M5 LPK
Aero Precision Forward Assist Assembly Kit
Aero Precision Ejection Port Door Cover Kit
Aero Precision M5 .308 Buffer Kit
Aero Precision.308 A2 Flash Hider
Fortis Push Button QD Endplate
MAGPUL MOE Grip
MAGPUL MOE SL Carbine Stock Milspec
Voodoo Melonited Medlength Gas Tube
Geiselle Gas Block - Geiselle
Geiselle SSA Trigger - Geiselle
Rainier Arms Select 16" Barrel
14" 308 Solo Series Hand Guard - M-LOK

Completed Rifle:

Cerakote chip:

Link Posted: 8/14/2015 12:58:31 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

I just completed my build after compiling components over the past few months. The only issues that I had with the build were that the AP ejection port cover didn't mate with the upper so it won't latch (still need to fix) and when the rifle arrived, it came with a small gouge to the cerakote finish right to the front of the pivot pin well. AP did refund me the cost between a regular and a blemished lower, but I'm still slightly concerned about the durability of their cerakote job since I've heard mixed reviews. I'll be breaking the rifle in tomorrow.

Components:

Aero Precision M5. Stripped Upper Receiver FDE

Aero Precision .308 BCG

Aero Precision M5 Striped Lower FDE

Aero Precision M5 LPK

Aero Precision Forward Assist Assembly Kit

Aero Precision Ejection Port Door Cover Kit

Aero Precision M5 .308 Buffer Kit

Aero Precision.308 A2 Flash Hider

Fortis Push Button QD Endplate

MAGPUL MOE Grip

MAGPUL MOE SL Carbine Stock Milspec

Voodoo Melonited Medlength Gas Tube

Geiselle Gas Block - Geiselle

Geiselle SSA Trigger - Geiselle

Rainier Arms Select 16" Barrel

14" 308 Solo Series Hand Guard - M-LOK

Completed Rifle:

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f165/latechsan/FA/IMG_4935_zpstlativme.jpg

Cerakote chip:

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f165/latechsan/FA/d7933900-d021-463c-ae6e-0100d27f435b_zpsvaiystke.jpg

View Quote

Curious IF you had the gas block pinned?

Link Posted: 8/14/2015 3:04:53 PM EDT
[#32]

View Quote

No. The Rainier barrel came with the deep dimple so I set the gas block per the Geissele instructions and used blue loctite.
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 3:07:28 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
No. The Rainier barrel came with the deep dimple so I set the gas block per the Geissele instructions and used blue loctite.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Awesome, thanks for the reply.

Link Posted: 8/16/2015 10:43:44 AM EDT
[#34]
My Build.

Link Posted: 8/16/2015 8:24:46 PM EDT
[#35]

View Quote

Very nice! Can you post up a parts list?

Link Posted: 8/16/2015 8:57:48 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

• Aero Precision M5 Upper Receiver

• Aero Precision CMV 4150 16"

• Aim Surplus 308 Nitrided BCG

• Alpha Shooting Sports 14" Free Float Rail (Actually a Re-branded Parallax Tactical Free Float Rail)

• Daniel Defense Fixed Iron Sight Combo

• Larue Tactical Gas Block

• Voodoo Innovations Nitrided Midlength Gas Tube

• Aero Precision Complete Lower with Tapco (Crapco) Collapsible Stock

• SilencerCo Trifecta Muzzle Brake

Weighs in at 8 lbs and 2 ounces.

Link Posted: 8/16/2015 10:28:03 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

• Alpha Shooting Sports 14" Free Float Rail (Actually a Re-branded Parallax Tactical Free Float Rail)

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Awesome, thank you!   Very nice on the weight. Can you post a link to where you bought that rail, i like it a lot!

Link Posted: 8/16/2015 10:47:53 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Awesome, thank you!   Very nice on the weight. Can you post a link to where you bought that rail, i like it a lot!

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

PM Sent.
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 11:00:13 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

PM Sent.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

PM Sent.

Thanks.

Link Posted: 8/16/2015 11:07:16 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

PM Sent.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

PM Sent.

Have you shot it yet? What buffer tube/buffer/spring are you using?

Link Posted: 8/16/2015 11:31:32 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

PM Sent.

Not yet. The two mags I got with it were C-product mags and they don't fit in. Made for DPMS rifles, not Aero precision.

Gonna sand the mags down at certain contact points to reduce the OAL when I can. Got IWI mags on order though.

The Buffer tube, buffer, and spring are factory.
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 12:00:19 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Not yet. The two mags I got with it were C-product mags and they don't fit in. Made for DPMS rifles, not Aero precision.

Gonna sand the mags down at certain contact points to reduce the OAL when I can. Got IWI mags on order though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

PM Sent.

That is a nice looking rifle.
Do yourself a favor and order the CAR10-XH buffer and spring from Slash.
http://heavybuffers.com/ar10carbine.html

The stock aero buffer will let the BCG go back too far into the tube and the rails will indent the ring on the lower where the buffer tube is attached. (Ask me how I know...)  I believe someone else posted pics earlier in this thread of what I'm talking about.

Slash's XH buffer eliminates this problem due to it's slightly longer and the extra weight helps with felt recoil.
Mine functions perfectly with the AIM nitride BCG and this setup.  
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 12:52:57 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

PM Sent.

Pmags should work, i have the same upper/lower receiver set that you do.

Link Posted: 8/17/2015 1:15:56 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

The stock aero buffer will let the BCG go back too far into the tube and the rails will indent the ring on the lower where the buffer tube is attached. (Ask me how I know...)  I believe someone else posted pics earlier in this thread of what I'm talking about.

Slash's XH buffer eliminates this problem due to it's slightly longer and the extra weight helps with felt recoil.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

PM Sent.

Thanks, just made that on my wishlist. Too bad I don't have any money right now.
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 1:17:36 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

You don't say, considering that they only work with eachother.

Pmags are on my wishlist. Like I said just above, out of money and will be for a while.
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 1:55:39 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Pmags are on my wishlist. Like I said just above, out of money and will be for a while.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I hear ya

Link Posted: 8/22/2015 8:54:31 AM EDT
[#47]
Does anyone have a suggestion on what to replace the Aero magazine release with?  The factory one is too short inside the receiver.
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 9:12:03 AM EDT
[#48]
Armalite AR10 mag catch will work.
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 9:52:54 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

The catch?  Is the screw longer on the Armalite?  I was assuming I needed a thicker button.
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 12:51:29 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

The catch?  Is the screw longer on the Armalite?  I was assuming I needed a thicker button.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Grab a Seekins extended mag catch release. It works great.
Page / 82
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top