BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/25/2014 9:38:34 PM EDT
Just wanted to give everyone a heads up - disregard if this is old news

Midwest Gun Works has AAC Branded 16" Blackout Barrels (with Pin-able LoPro Gas Block, etc) for $129 (shipped free with BLACK14 Free shipping code)

MGW Black Friday 16" AAC 300 BLK Deal

Enjoy!
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 9:48:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Fuuuuuck

I bought one with $13 shipping like 4 hrs ago

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 10:41:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Doh, reading is fundamental...sorry!

That is a great deal!
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 2:58:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Am I reading this right? This barrel doesn't have a barrel indexing pin?
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:51:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

It appears that is the case.  Here is a Bushmaster pin from their site for $2.75 as well.

http://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/mgwi/prod/F1006908
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 12:30:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

It appears that is the case.  Here is a Bushmaster pin from their site for $2.75 as well.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, I have no clue exactly how to install that, but it can't be that difficult. At $129, I'll make it work. Thanks for finding that pin. I apparently didn't scroll down far enough.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 12:46:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Yeah, I have no clue exactly how to install that, but it can't be that difficult. At $129, I'll make it work. Thanks for finding that pin. I apparently didn't scroll down far enough.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

From what I read in the 9" barrel kit deal found here you just use a brass hammer.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 12:48:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

From what I read in the 9" barrel kit deal found here you just use a brass hammer.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I get to Hammer stuff? Yeah, I can manage that. Thanks again for doing the leg work.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 12:57:04 AM EDT
[#8]
I ordered one today and the website popped up the index pin and gas tube pin automatically as special offers along with the shopping cart item (the barrel).  I added the index pin but skipped on the gas tube pin.... a little under $3, and you can get them at the hardware store for like 25 cents.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 7:57:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Are these legit AAC barrels?
I didn't think AAC made a pistol length gas system for a 16" barrel?

Their website only shows a carbine length gas system 16" barrel.
http://www.advanced-armament.com/16-300-BLK-AR-Barrel_p_609.html
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 8:11:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

I hope so, cuz I bought one. I'll email AAC and find out.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 5:11:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Seems too good to be true.  I bought one anyway.  Check this out too!

JoeBob upper
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 5:17:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Maybe they are closeouts or were a special run which is why they're getting blown out cheap.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 9:57:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Maybe they are closeouts or were a special run which is why they're getting blown out cheap.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tagging the outcome

Link Posted: 12/1/2014 2:12:31 AM EDT
[#14]
Y'all sure the index pin doesn't come with the barrel? I got one of the 9" versions and it came with the pin uninstalled.  It's easy to install, take a hammer and pound it in.  That particular package came with the barrel, flash hider, gas block, tube, pin and index pin.
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 2:36:35 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Y'all sure the index pin doesn't come with the barrel? I got one of the 9" versions and it came with the pin uninstalled.  It's easy to install, take a hammer and pound it in.  That particular package came with the barrel, flash hider, gas block, tube, pin and index pin.
View Quote

The website says it doesn't, and gives you the option to purchase one when you go to check out.
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 7:39:01 AM EDT
[#16]
Hey everyone - I did in fact receive my barrel from Midwest - looks like a quality barrel, good nitride finish - the addition of the LoPro gas block that is pinned is pretty nice makes the deal even better!

This barrel in fact DOES NOT come with the index pin, so I hope you ordered one - if not, they are pretty cheap (try to get one with free shipping somewhere though) - I picked up the $2 AAC pin from Midwest when they had free shipping

Overall I am pleased - pretty incredible deal in an industry where good products aren't found 'cheap'

I will try to post some pics later - the deal is still available on the website, no free shipping though

PW
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 1:00:09 AM EDT
[#17]
Mr. Brown dropped mine off today.. Came in a plain cardboard box with an AAC sticker on the outside along with UPS shipping labels. Mine did not have the extention pin either but I have a bag full of those pins from MSC and took about 2 mins and a punch/hammer to fix that problem. Barrel is marked "300 AAC BLACKOUT 1/7" at the muzzle end. Assembled the barrel on a new M4 cut flat top upper and a mid-length Troy TRX Battlerail that I had laying around in the shop without any issues. So far, not a bad deal for $130 shipped.. Range report next week after the SAR show is done with.
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 1:11:32 AM EDT
[#18]
What's the rifling in these barrels?

IIRC, RSilvers stated on 300blktalk that AAC barrels were 5R (this was sometime ago he replied to my inquiry).
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 8:42:15 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
What's the rifling in these barrels?

IIRC, RSilvers stated on 300blktalk that AAC barrels were 5R (this was sometime ago he replied to my inquiry).
View Quote

1:7 rifling - 5R? That makes these barrels even more of a bargain! I will say that there is no indication on the barrel that they are in fact 5R though
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 12:34:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Received my barrel on Tuesday.
Looks great to me
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 12:42:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Is pistol the correct length gas for this barrel? I pre-ordered the DSG complete upper but am thinking about grabbing this barrel to swap in for the 1:7 twist. I plan to shoot the heavier cast subs. Is it worth all the trouble? Or should I just stick with what I've got?
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 12:44:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Is pistol the correct length gas for this barrel?
View Quote

Yes
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 2:56:14 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Is pistol the correct length gas for this barrel? I pre-ordered the DSG complete upper but am thinking about grabbing this barrel to swap in for the 1:7 twist. I plan to shoot the heavier cast subs. Is it worth all the trouble? Or should I just stick with what I've got?
View Quote

From what I've read if you're shooting subs you want the faster twist as well as the pistol gas length.
Link Posted: 12/5/2014 2:14:02 AM EDT
[#24]
I emailed AAC about the barrels, and here was their response:

"It seems that it is our barrel, not sure how it got out, but it did. We have never sold them to anyone besides Remington owned companies.

-Nick"

So the barrels are legit. Not sure what to make about the second half of the statement. I'd assume someone might get fired.
Link Posted: 12/5/2014 9:06:20 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

"It seems that it is our barrel, not sure how it got out, but it did. We have never sold them to anyone besides Remington owned companies.

-Nick"

So the barrels are legit. Not sure what to make about the second half of the statement. I'd assume someone might get fired.
View Quote

That's an unusual and strange response IMO.

Wonder what's the back-story with these barrels.
Link Posted: 12/5/2014 9:28:23 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

-Nick"

Yeah, it caught my eye as well. My first thought is someone OK'd when they shouldn't have. It honestly reads to me as a little angry/annoyed.
Link Posted: 12/5/2014 12:58:49 PM EDT
[#27]
The story is most likely just that whatever division of DPRemBushAC was overstocked and they liquidated some of the inventory.
Link Posted: 12/5/2014 1:27:19 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

-Nick"

View Quote

holy shit
lulz
Link Posted: 12/5/2014 6:25:53 PM EDT
[#29]
Still seems weird to me, why AAC would switch to a pistol length gas system for a 16"
None of the RemBushPMSAAC are using pistol length gas.

Someone take some pictures of theirs, please
Link Posted: 12/5/2014 9:33:52 PM EDT
[#30]
The Galaxy S4 has a good camera, but no macro setting.  I've never seen a 5R, but it does have 5 grooves that look pretty shallow.

" />

" />

" />

" />

" />

Link Posted: 12/5/2014 10:53:46 PM EDT
[#31]
I got mine the other day but forgot to order a pistol length gas tube.  It'll be Monday before I can get it put together.
CHRIS
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 5:29:39 PM EDT
[#32]
With the lack of specs that were posted and are available I was wondering what would show up ...

Got two of them - same as others with the pin separate - no chrome and dirty !!

I am glad to hear that they are in fact legit AAC barrels though ! Especially for the price !!!!

Just need a couple pistol gas tubes and a couple flash hiders and can put something together.

Look forward to what you guys experience with these.
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 5:37:48 PM EDT
[#33]
I dunno why they didn't install the indexing pin, just sounds retarded
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 6:44:32 PM EDT
[#34]
Anyone try install in the gas block with the crappy roll pin provided? I just tried it and it's proving to be a pain the in ass - I might just try to get another pin to use...

Any insight or comments would be appreciated!

PW
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 7:25:01 PM EDT
[#35]
Do they have the actual ACC trademark?
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 9:34:28 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Do they have the actual ACC trademark?
View Quote

The box they came in has AAC logo but barrel doesn't
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 12:47:56 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Anyone try install in the gas block with the crappy roll pin provided? I just tried it and it's proving to be a pain the in ass - I might just try to get another pin to use...

Any insight or comments would be appreciated!

PW
View Quote

Mine went on easy as cake.. I got it started and kind of twisted it till it got a good bite into the hole then set it to the propper depth..
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 7:39:05 PM EDT
[#38]
Just saw this and bought one right away.  Wished I could have taken advantage of the free shipping but either way its a great deal considering I was waiting to buy a Rainier Arms barrel at $300.
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 12:23:45 AM EDT
[#39]
Any reason not to chop these to 8.x"?

Link Posted: 12/8/2014 8:04:40 AM EDT
[#40]
Will there be enough shoulder to thread correctly?
CHRIS
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 12:20:50 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Will there be enough shoulder to thread correctly?

CHRIS
View Quote

Good call, I don't have the barrel in front of me to take a micrometer to it.
I'll verify tonight
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 1:35:10 AM EDT
[#42]
Just received mine today.  Looks very nice, can't wait to get it installed.

Anybody have any shooting results with it yet?
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 2:55:41 AM EDT
[#43]
+1

Anyone shot those yet? accurate? worth using?
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 11:06:10 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Still seems weird to me, why AAC would switch to a pistol length gas system for a 16"
None of the RemBushPMSAAC are using pistol length gas.

Someone take some pictures of theirs, please
View Quote

Some of the 16" Noveske 300BLK barrels I had were 1/7 and also had pistol gas ports.  Carbine gas ports are not suited for subsonic loads because the gas pressure is already low and once it's that far down the barrel, you don't have enough to cycle the gun.  If all you're going to run is supersonic ammo, carbine position ports are fine.
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 9:12:22 PM EDT
[#45]
I realize Noveske and some lesser barrel manufacturer's use pistol on 16, but AAC never did before.  

Getting subsonics to cycle without a suppressor aint my cup of tea either, have to wonder why AAC would go there.

Some would call that a conflict of interest, right...
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 12:37:19 AM EDT
[#46]
I measured the barrel width and came up with 0.7".  According to Gemtech to attach their Sandstorm suppressor it needs a minimum of 0.7" shoulder. So with that information it should be fine to chop these barrels and attach at least a Gemtech Sandstorm suppressor with adequate shoulder.
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 2:31:47 PM EDT
[#47]
tempting to have one cut down, but by the time you add that cost, might as well get a known qty from Rainier.  I would be wary these barrels have some sort of issue and were meant for scrapping, but walked out the back door instead.  I have seen that happen before.
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 10:39:33 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
tempting to have one cut down, but by the time you add that cost, might as well get a known qty from Rainier.  I would be wary these barrels have some sort of issue and were meant for scrapping, but walked out the back door instead.  I have seen that happen before.
View Quote

Lol. Are you trying to pick a fight with AAC?
$70 to get a barrel cut which puts your cost under two bills

Link Posted: 12/14/2014 8:44:30 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 10:34:18 PM EDT
[#50]
I ordered one and just got it today. It came in an AAC box and the barrel is also stamped AAC. However there is no gas port drilled . I'll e-mail MGW and see what they say tomorrow.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top