Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/23/2014 11:38:38 AM EDT
I have a DPMS G2 Hunter. I want to try a heavier buffer. What should I be looking for? Which buffers fit?
I'm thinking this rifle will run like a Singer sewing machine with a lighter trigger and the heavier buffer.
Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 3:42:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Is it not running reliably now, or are you looking to tame the feel of the reciprocating parts so it's more manageable?

I would look at the JP Silent Capture Spring first.  As far as compatibility goes, it is the same as any other AR10 when it comes to buffer configuration/length options:

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 4:14:01 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a Heavybuffers.com XH buffer with modified wolf spring. Runs great in my hunter, but I chopped the barrel to 16". I would look at adjustable gas block for yourself as well, in the 20"
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 4:46:26 PM EDT
[#3]
So far it's been very reliable. I'm just looking to tame it down a little. Overall it's a great shooter.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top