Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 3:28:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Brother, I'm a 6.8 fan. It's my hunting cartridge of choice. But you've seriously got to learn to turn the other cheek. You, not RedFox1911, have turned this into ANOTHER 6.5 vs 6.8 debate thread.   A comment like RedFox1911's should have been ignored, and should not be used as an invitation to champion a cartridge that is outside the topic of conversation.  If you want a truce as you say in this post, then ignore asinine comments.

Both cartridges are established enough by now now that they should be secure from blatant trolling swaying someone from one or the other.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted: Not as funny as the fact no one in this thread Ask about, or really cares about the 6.8SPC's muzzle velocity out of any barrel length to begin with.

Au contraire, mon ami. If you mention a 16" barrel, which obviously has a "6" in it, and if you mention an 18" barrel, which, of course, has an "8" in it, then you've introduced "6-8" into your discussion and it's perfectly fair game for 6.8 proponents to jump in and defend against the abuse you are obviously heaping upon their favorite cartridge. You obviously ASKED FOR IT and NEED to know 6.8 muzzle velocities in this thread about . . . uh . . . what was this thread about, again?

Unethical hunting?

This by a Grendel fan started it.
"Quoted:
Ha still waiting for a thread like this on the 6.8"
The first reply to the OP now edited by a Mod

Perhaps even the OP could be considered a troll in a tech forum because I done see anything technical about it just chest thumping really.
Wouldn't it have more place in the Outdoors section under deer hunting?
And certainly the first reply to it was a troll by RedFox1911.  

In this war of the Prius's as someone aptly put it more often the G fans seem to fire the first shot then complain about the battle.
We should just call a truce and put this one to rest IMHO.

Brother, I'm a 6.8 fan. It's my hunting cartridge of choice. But you've seriously got to learn to turn the other cheek. You, not RedFox1911, have turned this into ANOTHER 6.5 vs 6.8 debate thread.   A comment like RedFox1911's should have been ignored, and should not be used as an invitation to champion a cartridge that is outside the topic of conversation.  If you want a truce as you say in this post, then ignore asinine comments.

Both cartridges are established enough by now now that they should be secure from blatant trolling swaying someone from one or the other.

Point taken sir
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 3:30:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

"Quoted:

Perhaps even the OP could be considered a troll in a tech forum because I done see anything technical about it just chest thumping really.

In this war of the Prius's as someone aptly put it more often the G fans seem to fire the first shot then complain about the battle.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted: Not as funny as the fact no one in this thread Ask about, or really cares about the 6.8SPC's muzzle velocity out of any barrel length to begin with.

Au contraire, mon ami. If you mention a 16" barrel, which obviously has a "6" in it, and if you mention an 18" barrel, which, of course, has an "8" in it, then you've introduced "6-8" into your discussion and it's perfectly fair game for 6.8 proponents to jump in and defend against the abuse you are obviously heaping upon their favorite cartridge. You obviously ASKED FOR IT and NEED to know 6.8 muzzle velocities in this thread about . . . uh . . . what was this thread about, again?

Unethical hunting?

"Quoted:

Well now that challenge ur... defaming post is gone you should feel vindicated I guess.  You being from Montana should have the means to step up and show some long shot harvests of your own.  Maybe you should hone your skills and show what you and your rifle can do, instead of coming on here and crying foul when someone posts a clean kill from a cartridge deemed by some of your heroes to be nothing more than a long distance paper puncher.  

I believe P. Sinclair is from Montana.  You should hook up with him and G. Gardner, they hunt with the 6.5 RSAUM at more than twice that distance and I'm sure that would be more constructive than anything I've seen come from your keyboard.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 4:38:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

"Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Unethical hunting?

"Quoted:

You really need to stop and listen to how you sound. You remind me of my 6 year old.
You got your first AR-15, what two years ago?
You are claiming the OP to be a troll....
He is a combat vet who has put his rifle skills to work on the modern battlefield
he is an accomplished long range shooter and competitive marksman
He helped author a book or two on the Grendel
He has brought much to this forum.

I don't post here hardly at all anymore due to people like you. Two years with
an AR and now an expert and ready to fight. But its not 2005 anymore.
Both cartridges have been out for a decade, neither are going away. You sound silly.

We get you like the cartridge. Cool. We get you are enthusiastic. But you are
not a positive force in this community. Its just a cartridge. Unless you have ulterior
motivations driven by $ or something else, try to step back and see how you might
sound to others.

Its just a suggestion.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 5:36:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

You really need to stop and listen to how you sound. You remind me of my 6 year old.
He is a combat vet who has put his rifle skills to work on the modern battlefield

Both cartridges have been out for a decade, neither are going away. You sound silly.

not a positive force in this community. Its just a cartridge. Unless you have ulterior
motivations driven by $ or something else, try to step back and see how you might
sound to others.

Its just a suggestion.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Unethical hunting?

"Quoted:

sound to others.

Its just a suggestion.

Perhaps you should contact me personally if you want to debate my intent.
Or question anything else.
Funny how you think its ok for you to defame someone in the open forum to the degree you and your fellows have under this thread.
The other side of it is I have some on this board that have privately thanked me for standing up to you Grendel fans.

Because the same is in the reverse, we get it.
We get that yourself as well as LRRPF52 think that anyone that does not think the 6.5G is the end all in an AR15 is a moron.
Your right, likewise the 6.5G is just a cartridge, so stop trying to push it on everyone.
The original post was a hunting post, so thats where it belongs in the hunting section.
So you want to know my motivation that's it simply. Stop bashing the 6.8 in every Grendel thread.

That LRRPF52 is a veteran I thank him for his sacrifice and service.
My son is a 2LT Marine infantry officer so I think that qualifies me as having a dog in that hunt.
I will reserve further comment as I am not addressing him.

So please, could you and your brethren let this thread slip quietly into the past.
I tried to graciously exit it, but for some reason you just have to get a few more flames in on me.
I'm a 6yr old, I cant shoot, my weapons are piles of rust, laughable.

Truth be told I shoot sub moa to 500 yards.
My weapons are state of the art.
I handload everything I shoot.
Ive built drag cars
Hotrod and overclock computers
Built and raced motorcycles
I do all my own carpentry, plumbing and electrical
Installed custom competition stereo's
Everything I get into I excel at

And I can see right thru BS as well.

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 6:58:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
What's NOT funny is that this guy is allowed to troll the supposed "tech forums" without any consequences.
View Quote

Thats so funny when there are a couple here that troll so friggin hard for the grendel you would think they were getting kick backs for posting 6.5
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 11:40:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Thats so funny when there are a couple here that troll so friggin hard for the grendel you would think they were getting kick backs for posting 6.5
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What's NOT funny is that this guy is allowed to troll the supposed "tech forums" without any consequences.

I own a 6.8.  I DO NOT own a 6.5.  I'm a fan of both.

I'm not at all a fan of trolls.  Stating the fact that someone made a shot is not trolling.  Coming in and derailing the thread is.

If you have a story of someone shooting a buck with a 6.8, 270 AR, or whatever, post it up.  Better yet, go shoot one yourself, and quit bickering about nothing.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 11:48:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top