Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/19/2014 3:39:51 PM EDT
Just scooped up a custom .308 build in basically brand new shape. Couldn't pass it up for $1100.

Bushmaster lower with some magpul goodies
DPMS upper
-CTR stock, standard AR extension, looks like regular old dpms 308 buffer and spring

Now the goodies

Timney 3lb skelaton trigger
Lilja custom match 20" barrel, looks like a custom contour.
JP enhanced BCG
PRI carbon fiber tube.
SLR adjustable GB

No sights or anything, but I figured I could part it out and get my money back at least, but Im gonna keep it and shoot it some, see if shes a keeper.

First off though I hate the rail, Already put it up for sale, so we will see what happens. In the mean time I want to get one hopefully this week during the good sale, if applicable.

My top choices in order of favorite to least favorite
-Wilson Combat T.R.I.M
-Centurion Arms CMR-----This rail is out for now after doing more research, looks like it comes loos easily, and is a PITA to get tight anyhow.
-SLR SOLO mid series

Looking for something strong and sexy, any one have any experience with these, just looking for some input. The reason I like the TRIM the best is it looks the most solid(not to mention very pretty), am I wrong?
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 4:31:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, you did get a deal if it has those components.  This is a perfect example of being in a buyer's market.  The components alone are way more than the price you got it for.

All those handguards look nice.  They seem to be the same type, slim, minimal rail presence, lightweight.  I would look at the most solid attachment method that doesn't mess with accuracy by torquing on the barrel nut when you bipod the gun.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 4:45:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes, you did get a deal if it has those components.  This is a perfect example of being in a buyer's market.  The components alone are way more than the price you got it for.

All those handguards look nice.  They seem to be the same type, slim, minimal rail presence, lightweight.  I would look at the most solid attachment method that doesn't mess with accuracy by torquing on the barrel nut when you bipod the gun.
View Quote

It looks to me that the SLR and Centurion rails are clamp style, to the barrel nut, where as the WC screws into the barrel nut. The reason I like the WC best is because the screw method seems tougher. By torque the barrel nut  with a bipod what exactly do you mean? I will be running a grip pod on this rifle, regardless of rail, if I keep it, how could that decrease accuracy potential?
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 1:21:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Just put 125  of  ZQI turkish rounds through her, only at 25m. so no real accuracy testing yet. but at 25m its barely even 1 ragged hole. Ran flawless not one issue, and gas was perfect at setting 7 on the SLR.

I think I wanna get rid of these receivers though and get a mega set, so I can do the Wilson Combat rail on this build, anyone know of a good place to get some, I should probably wait until black friday, I was thinking maybe Rainier arms?
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top