Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 4:54:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It's not that there are variations of the A model, it's that the A model takes a metric ton of magazines that are all built to the same format (original AR10, then SR25, then DPMS and Magpul).  There are dozens, if not more, companies that make magazines that will fit in an A model (or any of the competition).  

The B model is only ban era Armalites, using only modified M14 mags, or the bastard children thereof.
View Quote

How dare you call my rifles bastards!...

Yeah, knew about the magazine deal going in last year.  Got a bunch of the 20-rounders for under $30 each when I got the rifle.  I figure now if I need more mags for a zombie overrun, I'll just punch the self-destruct button in my bunker and go out in a huge, blazing, mushroom cloud of glory.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 10:39:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I'm not sure the last statement of "A" models only using original Armalite mags is correct.  I'm an Armalite owner...two B models...but I'm not fully versed in all Amalite variants...especially right now as they're listing new guns for 2015.  If you look on the Armalite site right now, you'll see various models under the "A"model tab.  Some or all of the A models appear to use 3rd party mags like P-mags and such.  It's somewhat confusing right now, but Armalite is clearly stating which mag each rifle is compatible with.  The confusion may be the fact that the "A" model seems to have developed more variations over time.  I could be wrong.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I'm not sure the last statement of "A" models only using original Armalite mags is correct.  I'm an Armalite owner...two B models...but I'm not fully versed in all Amalite variants...especially right now as they're listing new guns for 2015.  If you look on the Armalite site right now, you'll see various models under the "A"model tab.  Some or all of the A models appear to use 3rd party mags like P-mags and such.  It's somewhat confusing right now, but Armalite is clearly stating which mag each rifle is compatible with.  The confusion may be the fact that the "A" model seems to have developed more variations over time.  I could be wrong.

If you look at Armalite's description they clearly say that:
However, the AR-10A family is designed to accept early Armalite AR-10 “Waffle” magazines and good quality magazines copied from them, instead of Armalite’s proprietary steel magazines that are used in our AR-10B family.
You can translate "early" as "original".
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 11:03:06 PM EDT
[#3]
OK...I'm still confused.  Let me put it this way.  All/most of these newer AR10-A's will accept the same mag as a DPMS...correct?  Maybe I just didn't state it correctly...or I have it wrong...which is very possible.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 12:23:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
OK...I'm still confused.  Let me put it this way.  All/most of these newer AR10-A's will accept the same mag as a DPMS...correct?  Maybe I just didn't state it correctly...or I have it wrong...which is very possible.
View Quote

The AR-10A will accept the DPMs pattern magazine.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:26:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its not "DPMS" pattern, its the original 1950's armalite pattern magazine, or at least have the common decency to callt is a KAC SR25 pattern magazine.

ETA: fuck you bill clinton
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:39:53 AM EDT
[#6]
LOL!...so...I guess I can say that there is only one Magpul PMAG for .308/7.62 and it now fits many/most of the newer Armalite AR10's?...maybe?

Damn...AR15 stuff is so much simpler.  I'm glad to see Armalite go with the "more common" mag version for the AR10 now.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 9:09:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

The B model is only ban era Armalites, using only modified M14 mags, or the bastard children thereof.
View Quote

Or the Gen 2 mags which are new production and not modified m14 mags, they have had them out for years. They do LOOK like m14 mags but they are NOT. They have a steel follower and allow for 2.850 OAL. Great mags. Available in 5,10,20,25 rd.  

There seems to be alot of misconceptions out there about the mags.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 12:08:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Yes, ArmaLite Inc. spent a lot to make a new magazine specifically for the AR10, and they work very well.  They also allow hand-loaders quite a bit more room when looking at COL, as mentioned above.

My EA-10T had the modified M14 mags with plunger bolt catch activation system, which was interesting. Never had a malf, and that gun shot crazy accurate, like 1/3 MOA out of the box.  Sold it to the North Carolina AG who I shot 3-Gun with.  He was tickled when he brought it back from his first range trip.  A ragged hole at 300yds.  It had a chromoly barrel too, not stainless.  It also had a black aluminum handguard.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 1:36:36 PM EDT
[#9]
http://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/armalite-redesigned-shot-show-2015/

Some info on 2 of Armalite`s 15 new models from Guns America.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top