User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/30/2014 7:44:49 PM EDT
What
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 8:00:06 PM EDT
[#1]
have you spoken to Mega? I have 6 or 7 of their monolithic AR15 uppers and I dont have that problem
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 8:26:31 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm not familiar with "fucked up dimensions". Please enlighten me.
I've got a buddy with a Maten receiver set sitting in his safe...

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 8:34:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Like somebody on here said.......its a "minefield" when dealing with AR10 commonality..................
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 8:35:57 PM EDT
[#4]
What exactly does not fit?  Is the rail not a true 1913?  Is this discussed in the Mega MA-10 FAQ's thread?
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 9:05:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Deleated

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 10:14:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Have you tried diamondhead? Where are you located? Someone in the area might have one you can try to fit.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 11:07:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Pls some pics, and or measurements. I don't have buis on mine, but I can check when I get home
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 11:40:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Have you tried shimming the rail with a toothpick?

Seriously, though, throw a mic on the rail-I would be interested to see where it deviates from spec.

Nick
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 11:46:23 AM EDT
[#9]
They should all be using the standard MIL-1913 Picitinny rail dimensions.  Here's the drawing.

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/lid=10724/guntechdetail/Picatinny_Rails__Weaver_Rails__What_s_The_Difference_

Tony

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 3:01:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Mine fits the same

ARMS #40L borrowed from my M4gery

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 4:49:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Have you thought about contacting Mega?  
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 5:07:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Deleated
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 5:36:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Something's wrong with your receiver. My MATEN MKM upper works just fine with an eotech 553, standard picatinny rings, ADM mount, KAC 99051 front sight, troy rear....

What did Mega say when you asked them?
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 5:41:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Mega has been contacted They will take care of me!
Sorry!
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 11:27:23 PM EDT
[#15]
I enjoyed this trainwreck

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 1:00:24 AM EDT
[#16]
Perhaps next time you can contact the manufacturer first and see what they will do before starting a complaint thread.  No matter how high quality or expensive something is, mistakes in manufacturing happen to everybody, it's unavoidable. It's inconvenient sure, but as long as they take care of it, that's all that matters.
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 4:57:25 AM EDT
[#17]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Perhaps next time you can contact the manufacturer first and see what they will do before starting a complaint thread.  No matter how high quality or expensive something is, mistakes in manufacturing happen to everybody, it's unavoidable. It's inconvenient sure, but as long as they take care of it, that's all that matters.
View Quote

True, and why I asked for this thread to be deleted. Looks like the Mods are sleeping.
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 5:38:37 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 7:28:52 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Baloney, that line is just nonsense manufacturers and their shills push to cover up problems. Oly has a lifetime warranty, so no one should complain about their junk? No one should know about a defect if it gets fixed? Sure, if your website is owned by a dealer and manufacturer.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Baloney, that line is just nonsense manufacturers and their shills push to cover up problems. Oly has a lifetime warranty, so no one should complain about their junk? No one should know about a defect if it gets fixed? Sure, if your website is owned by a dealer and manufacturer.  

Why do you hate freedom?

Link Posted: 11/2/2014 2:19:15 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Uh.... what? You have missed the entire point of the post.  It's about bashing a company for a faulty product before you have even contacted them about it.  No one is talking about covering anything up and Mega certainly isn't known to have numerous issues. There's a big difference between informing people of issues and straight up bashing a company for one bad product.
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 8:59:54 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 8:54:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
If someone sells me a faulty part how is posting about it "bashing"?If company a sells lowers and 10% have to be returned but b only has a 2% return rate who would you buy from?
I know exactly what your point is, is the line that industry people push to not allow anyone to talk about bad products "until you contact them", which really means no one finds outs, people don't bother to post and defects get covered up.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Uh.... what? You have missed the entire point of the post.  It's about bashing a company for a faulty product before you have even contacted them about it.  No one is talking about covering anything up and Mega certainly isn't known to have numerous issues. There's a big difference between informing people of issues and straight up bashing a company for one bad product.
If someone sells me a faulty part how is posting about it "bashing"?If company a sells lowers and 10% have to be returned but b only has a 2% return rate who would you buy from?
I know exactly what your point is, is the line that industry people push to not allow anyone to talk about bad products "until you contact them", which really means no one finds outs, people don't bother to post and defects get covered up.

The OP has been edited out, it was more bashing than informing.  I have no dog in this fight, I am not affiliated with any company within the firearm community.  There are certainly times when a company deserves to called out, I do not believe this was one of those times.
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 9:20:00 PM EDT
[#23]
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top