Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/24/2014 8:36:21 PM EDT
I know i might get fried around here for talking bad about Noveske but this is intended to help someone of the headache/heartache. So i finally saved up and bought me a Noveske 16" 300blk. Awesome looking and fairly light. The problem is a tight chamber. Ive tried numerous factory loads, cleaned and lubed and still tight to feed and tight to extract. So much so that im not comfortable firing it. I bought this rifle for my daughters to hunt during the youth weekend starting tomorrow morning. I'll be grabbing my Daniel Defense M4V1 instead. I looked around and saw that this seems to be a common problem. I wouldnt even expect this from DPMS or Rem. Huge let down.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 8:40:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Did you contact them?
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 8:46:57 PM EDT
[#2]
yep I have seem several post about noveske having a tight chamber. Im not sure what your solution would be other than contact them and see if they can correct the issue
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 8:53:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes, im contacting them monday, just posting as a heads up. I know they want to get all the accuracy they can out of thier rifles but my daughters are going to be shooting it, kinda scary really. Im sure they will be all over it because thier customer service is top notch. They just need to get it right the first time , We dont pay high prices to have to send it back.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 12:27:48 AM EDT
[#4]
I might contact them before putting them on blast on a big gun forum.

Give them a chance to fix it.

Then post accordingly.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 12:59:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes, im contacting them monday, just posting as a heads up. I know they want to get all the accuracy they can out of thier rifles but my daughters are going to be shooting it, kinda scary really. Im sure they will be all over it because thier customer service is top notch. They just need to get it right the first time , We dont pay high prices to have to send it back.
View Quote

Everyone, regardless of how high quality or expensive it is, have mistakes in machining. It is unavoidable.  As long as they take care of it, that's all that matters.  I just got my brand new Saker suppressor today that cost me 1k and 5+ months waiting and I can't mount it on my gun because something is slightly off in the mount.  Annoying sure, but I have no doubt it will be fixed.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:12:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I might contact them before putting them on blast on a big gun forum.

Give them a chance to fix it.

Then post accordingly.
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 6:58:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Its frustrating when you have issues.......If you build yourself.........or buy complete.............In your case.......you purchased from a very decent Mfg............send it back and let us know
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 10:32:16 AM EDT
[#8]
My first Noveske 10.2" Blackout barrel had a short throat.  I could chamber rounds, but unfired rounds were difficult to eject and engraved with rifling when ejected.  I contacted Noveske and they had me return the first barrel and put a new barrel in my hands less than a week later.  Disappointing, yes, but Noveske took care of me.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 10:43:36 AM EDT
[#9]
I bought a 10.2 noveske barrel and had the same issue.  As much as I wish I could use every 300 Blkout round out there, I can't.  barnes and hornady work great in it.  

Remington supers get stuck in the chamber.  when I tried to extract it, bullet separated from case and caused powder to go everywhere.  I just don't use remington supers anymore.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 11:52:17 AM EDT
[#10]
8.2 inch noveske. No issues at all. With lots of different ammo
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 3:09:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Got back in town (hunting with my daughters), and contacted Noveske. I shipped out the upper and will update when it returns. Again this was just to give a heads up to buyers and as you can see not an isolated incident. Im sure ill get it back and it will be a fully functioning/sub-moa rifle but I believe i shouldn't and the rest shouldn't be sending anything back
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 11:35:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Sorry about the interruption in time but i received my N4 back from Noveske. They stated that they changed the barrel because it had and "old" chamber. This was a rifle bought 1 month ago. They fixed the problem but looks like they know about it. Back to hunting
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 1:27:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

same here

on edit, did have an issue with Hornady 208 gr Amax, it was the first production run of 300BLK ammo. They replaced the remaining after one went TU, and now Hornady is loading the bullet a thousand or so shorter. They work great now.

my personal favorite is still PNW
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 8:43:17 AM EDT
[#14]
Its amazing with technology what it is that these problems occur, but they do.  Each manufacturer is trying to develop the best product they can in hopes that it is compatible with another.  Hornady sets out to make the best ammunition and Noveske the best upper.  Eventually things dont jive and each has to adjust to a "standard" that they thought they were working with from the beginning.  Thank you Noveske for standing behind your products, they have always been top shelf.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 9:21:19 AM EDT
[#15]
I just purchased a Noveske barrel as well. For the money that they charge you would assume that it might be free from manufacturing errors. Idk how people don't expect you to flip a shit when its not up to spec after spewing out usually $400+ on the component.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 2:27:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

i bought a 8.2 barrel as well. like yours mine has run flawless. every manufacturer can make a dud from time to time.it just stinks that you bought a barrel from one of the better manufacturers and managed to get a dud.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 5:30:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Just FYI this was a complete upper with a exact lower clone
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 8:44:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I just purchased a Noveske barrel as well. For the money that they charge you would assume that it might be free from manufacturing errors. Idk how people don't expect you to flip a shit when its not up to spec after spewing out usually $400+ on the component.
View Quote

I agree wholeheartedly !
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top