Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/19/2014 9:56:59 PM EDT
I'm hoping this is the right place to post this. Basically I want a 50 caliber, but I am not made of money so I've been looking at the Safety Harbor 50 cal uppers, and for about 2k I can have a fifty caliber and I don't have to go through an FFL, which isn't a problem except the transfer fee and the general pain in the butt it just seems easier to direct order it. My main question s does anyone have experience with these bad boys? I imagine their will be some play between the upper and lower and how will this affect such a heavy caliber? Will this present any risk to the made for 556 lower?
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 11:54:18 PM EDT
[#1]
You might want to ask this in the 50 cal forum under Armory.

But the answer to you question is there is no concern for damage to the lower.   Your shoulder has a much lower yield strength.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 11:59:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes I have one and yes its awesome do not worry about stressing the lower it will be fine but be prepared to buy a real scope with a lifetime warranty as they will break on the 50 bolt action!
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 12:42:34 AM EDT
[#3]
I own one. The first firing pin that showed up was soft and peened over, as did the replacement. I had a new pin made locally and it works fine.

only other issue I had was magazine flipping out under recoil - they need to have the stop located differently so that under recoil it doesn't move.

other than that, no issues, enjoy.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 8:20:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys I really wasn't sure if the 50 cal page was right or this one. Looks I'm going to make the plunge. I found some Lake City 50 cal ammo for 2.50 a round, only 20 rounds though this weekend and picked it up figuring if anything I could resell it and break even. Sucks is the only place I will be able to shoot is at my Uncles about an hour away, he gave me the big bore bug.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top