Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/22/2014 7:08:56 PM EDT
If any of you are wanting completed .458 SOCOM uppers for this fall's hunting season but figured you could not get one in time for this year, you figured wrong!
TROMIX just announced over on the .458 SOCOM FORUMS that they have the completed uppers ready to ship and at a very reasonable introductory price.
Specs are in the link.
I am not affiliated with TROMIX other than being a very satisfied customer and since I follow the .458 SOCOM very closely, I know there have been a lot of people wishing for a complete upper that does not take 6 months to a year to get or have to build it themselves.  TROMIX has come to the rescue for those people.  

ed to add:  Tony just posted here blem barrels for darned near nothing.  No excuse now not to get one, not at these prices.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 8:43:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks BB. Would be hard pressed to get one for that price anywhere.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 6:21:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Can't wait for the short barrel version to be instock. That will finally push me into 458.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 1:23:30 AM EDT
[#3]
While at cabelas the other day I noticed they had bullets (projectiles) in stock in a few different sizes. Is brass still impossible?
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 8:36:20 AM EDT
[#4]
You need to get on a back order list if they will let you, anywhere.  That is the only way to get brass quickly.  I heard that the GRAFs brick and mortar store in St. Charles, around St. Louis, had 5 or 6 bags left but that's about all I know.  
Get on Midway's or Starline's BO list when they allow it and get more than you need.  If you think you need 100 pieces, get at least 300 or you will doing the same dance in a year, after you loose two or three pieces in the woods, set up your dies wrong and crush a couple of others, or give away a few when buds nag you for a sample.
If you wait to see an "in stock" bug you will be waiting a very long time.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 11:16:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the heads up.  Ive been thinking about putting a 458 together for dear season next year.  The wife would probably shoot me with my own gun if I built another AR this year.  :)

The big issue for me would be ammo.  I know getting the brass from Starline can be pretty rough.  The cost of the dies I dont sweat as I dont look at at reloading really as a way to save money.  The bullets and powder are pretty available around here for me.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 11:31:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Can't wait for the short barrel version to be instock. That will finally push me into 458.
View Quote

Might do it for me too...
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 11:38:56 AM EDT
[#7]
If I knew I could get everything I needed to shoot 458 Socom right now, I'd be really tempted to buy.
But brass availability being what it is, I just can't see buying at this point.
I wanna shoot it, not fondle it and wish i could.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 12:10:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If I knew I could get everything I needed to shoot 458 Socom right now, I'd be really tempted to buy.
But brass availability being what it is, I just can't see buying at this point.
I wanna shoot it, not fondle it and wish i could.
View Quote

So buy a couple boxes of ammo from SBR and go shoot - that'll give you enough brass to get started until Starline makes another run. That brass lasts a long time, you'll easily get 8 to 10 reloads out of it.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 1:15:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Brass is out there,  just have to look for it.  Gun broker had some and even Amazon.  It is a bit higher priced than starline.  Heck there is a guy on socom forum selling brass right now for $1.40/case.  Like forester mentioned it lasts a long time. Unless you lose it you will probably never wear it out.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top