Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/17/2014 8:04:02 PM EDT
I have had my 6.5 Grendel for a while now. I have grown very fond of this caliber. I even started putting together parts for the next project. That was up to the point where I thought my current rifle was not quite complete. I parted with some of my new stockpile of parts to get this rifle right where I wanted it to be. Luckily my wife just said, get what you want and do the other projects next (I am fortunate).

I was using one of my Mega forged lowers with a Seekins billet upper. Well, I am waiting for my Seekins billet lower to come in (should be tomorrow) and I just picked up a Geiselle SSA-E to go into it. Yes!!! I think this will end up being a nice keeper rifle.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 9:30:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice.... Post pictures. What trigger are you currently running?
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 4:17:31 PM EDT
[#2]
I am/was using a standard AR trigger. I had a KAC 2 Stage, but sold it off with the thought I would get something like an RRA or CMMG 2 stage. The SSA-E I came across and decided to get it.

As soon as I have the lower and it is together, I will definitely post some pics. Just waiting for my dealer to call and let me know it is there.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 4:02:47 AM EDT
[#3]
As requested by bigbear_98. This is the current configuration of the rifle. A few little things to do, but I am happy with the results so far. I have to say, I was a little skeptical of the design on the Seekins lower, but it grew on me. Then when I received it, all I can say is wow. Pictures don't do them justice. The fit and finish is amazing. The upper and lower go together really well.

Specs:
Seekins billet upper/lower
Seekins SP3R V3 MOD rail
Melonite gas tube
Vltor low profile gas block
20" Stainless coated barrel
Harris 6-9 S-BRM/PodLoc/GGG Mount
Nikon Monarch 2.5-10x50 on Nikon M-223XR
KAC/LMT charging handle/latch
NiB BC with AA 6.5 G Bolt
Geiselle SSA-E Trigger
Magpul MIAD/ACS
Vltor receiver extension/Spikes ST-T2 Buffer/Spring
and a standard A2 flash hider

Weighing in at ~ 11.5# (unloaded empty 17rnd mag)

Link Posted: 9/20/2014 4:32:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Very nice.  I have two complete Grendels and the parts to make another.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 4:37:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Very nice.  I have two complete Grendels and the parts to make another.
View Quote

Hahahaha.... you and I think alike sir. I am already chomping at the bit to start the next project.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 9:00:02 AM EDT
[#6]
That looks sharp!
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 3:08:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Looks good.
The accuracy of the 65grendel is excellent.
Lots of good info on the 65G website.
Haven't been able to log in recently though.
Maybe having problems.
Don't say anything about some of the compound throat issues.
They're pretty sensitive about the subject.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 5:07:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Looks good.
Maybe having problems.
View Quote

Na, good guys over there. I have not had any issues getting on today. The last couple of days had some intermittent issues.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 11:33:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Na, good guys over there. I have not had any issues getting on today. The last couple of days had some intermittent issues.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Looks good.
Maybe having problems.

I handload and can get full benefit of the compound chamber by seating around 10 thou off the lands.
I've got many half MOA groups.
The Grendel 2 thing caused some unhappy campers and a few got banned and a lot of drama.
I have went to the tight neck 264LBC chamber to avoid any pressure or stuck bullet issues.
It seems to be within a 1/4 inch in accuracy.
I see no practical difference in the field.
If I get another 6.5Grendel I'll make sure an in spec Dave Mason reamer is used.
Probably a Lilja.
The 6.5 Grendel shooters love the compound throat and for good reason but I like the 264 LBC also.

Link Posted: 9/21/2014 4:14:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Looks awesome Wile!!

Mines a .264LBC, I'm not sure what the deal with the compound throats is but doesn't bother me any.  I tried to set up an account on the 6.5 forum a few weeks ago but I never got a response from whoever OK's that stuff so I gave up.  Makes me wonder if there's something up with the website.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 7:40:06 AM EDT
[#11]
6.5 gren forum got attacked a wile back. And when the site came back up alot of members accounts got deleted (mine included) they have been fixing the accounts but probably still pretty backlogged from all the activation requests.

Message HANKA over there.  He should be able to fix ya up
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 8:06:21 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Looks awesome Wile!!

Mines a .264LBC, I'm not sure what the deal with the compound throats is but doesn't bother me any.  I tried to set up an account on the 6.5 forum a few weeks ago but I never got a response from whoever OK's that stuff so I gave up.  Makes me wonder if there's something up with the website.
View Quote

Thanks Brandi,

usar_ds is correct, they get a lot of attacks. The site itself is not bad. A lot of good people and info. My account took forever to get activated too. I emailed another member and it got done pretty quick. I will email one of the mods over there and ask about your account. Are you using the same moniker as here?

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 4:56:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Nice! I really enjoy the Grendel. It was my first build now working on third different calipers.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 12:59:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Is John not running the 65 Grendel website anymore? I know what I know about the caliber because of him and StanC. I had a membership there that I had hadn't used in a while...I wonder if it's still there.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 1:02:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Is John not running the 65 Grendel website anymore? I know what I know about the caliber because of him and StanC. I had a membership there that I had hadn't used in a while...I wonder if it's still there.
View Quote

Yes he is.  We had a DOS attack that wiped out a lot of data, to include specific PM's that will be interesting to investigators.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 1:08:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Yes he is.  We had a DOS attack that wiped out a lot of data, to include specific PM's that will be interesting to investigators.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Guess my membership went with the old site. I signed up for a new account. Hopefully I hear something back soon
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 12:20:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Guess my membership went with the old site. I signed up for a new account. Hopefully I hear something back soon
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I want to say it's been almost a year since I signed up on that site, but my memory is a little sketchy these days - never heard anything back and can't get to half the information, so I haven't even visited in several months.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 1:18:44 PM EDT
[#18]
i would love for my account to get activated over on the 65g site.  I have tried emailing them and no response.  I use the same handle here as there.  REALLY wish I could post and see pics on their site.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 1:30:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
i would love for my account to get activated over on the 65g site.  I have tried emailing them and no response.  I use the same handle here as there.  REALLY wish I could post and see pics on their site.
View Quote

Same thing happened to me.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 3:47:13 AM EDT
[#20]
Finally got around to signing up over there, myself.

Hopefully the turnaround time isn't as long as everyone's indicating.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top