Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2014 6:56:50 AM EDT
I finally finished my 300 Black Out I have been working on for the past few months.  The rifle is everything I wanted it to be and then some and is most accurate of my 5 AR Rifles. The only thing I want to do is replace the scope with a better model something along the lines of a 1x4  tactical zoom scope.  Maybe I will go with the Nikon 300 BLK scope as I have been eyeing it for sometime.  The rifle ran flawless with no failures except the scratches on the shell deflector which I can not explain.  

Would welcome all feed back  

The Specs are
PSA Lower with with a PSA lower parts Kit
Geissele 2 Stage (G2S) Trigger I picked up used at gun show for $75.00
Magpul Furniture Stock and Grip
16 inch M4 Chrome-lined Barrel 1/8 Twist
A2 Flash-hider
M4 Forged Upper receiver
BCM Charging Handle Large
ARES Arm Bolt and Carrier
Magpul Magazines

Target shot with factory load Barnes 110gr VOR-TX

I fired a total of 30 Rounds at 100 yards and 200 yards

The target is self explanatory.

Look at the close up of the ejection port on the rifle Notice the shell deflector has numerous scratches through it.  Does anyone know what causes that.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 7:17:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice, but there are no such things as 'flyers.'

The 'scratches' on the deflector are brass being scraped off the ejected cases.

Link Posted: 9/15/2014 7:44:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nice, but there are no such things as 'flyers.'

The 'scratches' on the deflector are brass being scraped off the ejected cases.
View Quote

You are correct, lets say shooter malfunction on those shots then.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 1:46:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice job.   Good shooting too.   I know someone with a 300 BLK and have fired it some.   Going to have to build one.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 2:04:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Nice job.   Good shooting too.   I know someone with a 300 BLK and have fired it some.   Going to have to build one.
View Quote

Yes I was pleasantly surprised at how accurate the rifle was and the recoil was almost non existent...
This will be my new go to hunting rifle replacing my aging Remington 740 in 308
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 2:52:18 PM EDT
[#5]
nice job on the build.

questions though- you said this is the most accurate of your 5 ARs,  Is that counting your .223 AR that you claimed grouped .56 inches with Wolf 55 grain?  

Also, did you use FTW 300 BLK Out 110 grain Nosler ammo?
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 7:11:08 PM EDT
[#6]
nice looking...........who made the float tube?
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 12:06:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Now you need a can and some 220 gr bullets to rain down silent death.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 7:30:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
nice job on the build.

questions though- you said this is the most accurate of your 5 ARs,  Is that counting your .223 AR that you claimed grouped .56 inches with Wolf 55 grain?  

Also, did you use FTW 300 BLK Out 110 grain Nosler ammo?
View Quote

I say that because this rifle just seems to shoot, The group I got with my 5.56 AR was only that one time and the shooting gods must of been smiling that day, because I have not been able to repeat that level of marksmanship since..  My 5.56 AR's all shoot in the 1.5 to 3 inch group at 100 yards. The 300 BLK will shoot almost 1 inch at 200 yards... None of my AR's can do that...  I can not explain it, also I can't swear to it but it seems even the recoil is less that my 5.56.  On another board I was talking to a few people and they seem to think it is the Pistol size gas system I used on this rifle or maybe it is the factory Ammo I am shooting.  In my other AR's I shoot steel 90 percent of the time.  

The Ammo I used was Factory Barnes 110 grain VOR TX,

Here is the Link http://www.midwayusa.com/product/430384/barnes-vor-tx-ammunition-300-aac-blackout-110-grain-tipped-tac-tx-bullet-flat-base-lead-free-box-of-20

I am going to be doing some more shooting with it this weekend.  I will see if I can repeat the same level of marksmanship.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top