Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2014 11:51:03 PM EDT
I am looking at the 28 round and the 30 round magazines side by side and I can't tell a difference.  I have not shot either one yet.  Hopefully on Tuesday!

For the experts, is there a difference?  I'm going to ask C Products as well.

Thanks.

Link Posted: 9/19/2014 11:58:23 AM EDT
[#1]
I've been emailing Chad back and forth at C Products Defense.  The 28 round magazine has the older design on the follower.  The 30 round magazine has the newer follower to allow 2 more rounds.  Otherwise the magazines are identical.  This is true for the last version of the 28 rounder before they went to the 30 round magazine.

The 28 round magazines on sale are new old stock.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 9:23:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I am looking at the 28 round and the 30 round magazines side by side and I can't tell a difference.  I have not shot either one yet.  Hopefully on Tuesday!

For the experts, is there a difference?  I'm going to ask C Products as well.

Thanks.

View Quote

Hi,

C-Products Llc no longer exists as a company, its assets were purchased from Larry Panka by Adel & Carol Jamil who formed a new company C Products Defense Inc .  aka CPD Inc.  It's confusing, but they are two different companies.  Chad Panka, who worked at C-Products Llc was hired by the new owner to help manage the transition instead of starting from scratch.

As for differences in the old CPD Inc. 7.62x39 28 rd magazine and  the current 30 round magazine there are two, one internal, and one visible.  The internal change is that the spring size and leg pitch was changed to stop a binding issue with the follower that was decreasing the magazine capacity by two rounds. This change was made several months ago.   No change was made to the follower, the current follower .is the same as the old 28 rd magazine.  The external change was made about 3 months ago,  the feeds lips were rounded (see right magazine below) on the 30 round version to help improved the feed angle (the old 28 round version is to the left).  I talked with the owner Adel Jamil and CPD Inc. is planning on introducing a new follower for the 7.62X39 as soon as the old stocks are exhausted.  I hope the information helps.

Best Regards:

Link Posted: 9/20/2014 2:27:32 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't doubt you.  This is a copy and paste of the email.

Hello, thanks for contacting us. When CPD first released its 30rd 7.62 x 39 magazine it would only hold 28rds as we are using a wulff extra power spring. About a month later after releasing the magazine we made a change to the follower to allow the same magazine body to hold a full 30rds. This was done about six months ago. I don’t believe anyone would have any of the 28rd magazines still for sale but if you let me know whom you are looking to purchase from I can confirm for you that they have the latest stock.

Thanks,
View Quote

When is the new magazine coming out?
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 10:54:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Hi,

I had a chance to talk with Chad at CPD Inc. today and he told me that they are working with the mold makers to make the new injection mold.  It isn't a priority right now though as CPD Inc has thousands of the older 7.62x39 followers in stock and I think they'll use as many of those as possible before switching.  I'd say late five to seven weeks before we see the new magazines with the improved followers.

Link Posted: 9/27/2014 4:48:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Not being a jerk but will the new mags work better?
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 3:58:49 PM EDT
[#6]
I got 2 c product mags and I don't like them my asc mags are a lot better
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 6:15:18 PM EDT
[#7]
I only brought one asc mag online for my build. I paid 17 plus 5 to ship. From other online sellers to gun shows they wanted 30 bucks for a 30rounder! Wtf? 25 for a 10. I was worried about how it would work but I can say that my asc mag worked flawlessly today. Now I am not saying the c products dont but I know the asc worked right outta the mail box. I do want to buy a 10rounder but most places I found online with a good price didn't have the c in a 10 in stock.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 6:58:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Gents I want to chime in on this conversation with some interesting information.  C Products Defense and the improved 30 round 7.62x39 magazine WORK FLAWLESSLY out of the box.  I had 20 ASC mags that I could not get to work no matter how I modified them.  I also was dealing with failure to fire which is a common problem with the surplus 7.62x39 steel cased rounds (Tula, WOLF, etc).  I found a guy on the internet named Russ Cason who owns Liberty Gun Works, Inc. in Bradenton, FL.  I was about to give up on my AR-47 build until he saved me from myself.  He builds his own 7.62x39 AR-15 platform rifles and from what I have witnessed, they perform as you would expect any rifle to perform.  He told me he had been working the magazine issues with the C Prod magazines for a few months.  He contacted C Products Defense in Bradenton, FL to get their assistance in addressing the problems.  He pointed out the reasons for the binding in the magazine and the feed lips that someone posted on this thread already.  He helped them build some prototypes with those modifications and tested them thoroughly on his own weapons.  Needless to say, I am very thankful for his contributions to the community to finally get a product worth buying.  

to be cont..
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 6:59:49 PM EDT
[#9]
One other alarming fact he told me was that C Products produced those old versions knowing that they failed on their own test rifle at the factory and continued to sell them to the public.  This is pretty friggin despicable in my eyes and I dont understand how any company would put their name on a product they knew to be defective and sell it.  C Products Defense (the new and improved version) seems to be making some good changes and I am hopeful they will continue to improve reliability on this platform.  Russ did tell me about the 28 round version that is still being developed and he is supposed to get some soon for testing before they go into full production.  According to Russ, the 28 round magazine will be shorter to so that standard AR-15 gear will be able to hold the magazines.  In other words, you wont have to sacrifice space on your rig like you do with the 30 rounders.  I would gladly give up two rounds to more easily fit standard rigs many of us already own.
Im not advertising for Russ, but I would like to help get the word out to the community about him and the products he offers.  Visit his site at http://libertygunworksinc.com/   He also developed a new bolt designed to handle the abuse of the steel cased ammo for the 7.62x39 which has been tested in various rigs for upwards of 10,000 rounds with no issues.  I finally seem to have a AR-47 I can be proud of and most of all, DEPEND on.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 7:09:41 PM EDT
[#10]
One other alarming fact he told me was that C Products produced those old versions knowing that they failed on their own test rifle at the factory and continued to sell them to the public.  This is pretty friggin despicable in my eyes and I dont understand how any company would put their name on a product they knew to be defective and sell it.  C Products Defense (the new and improved version) seems to be making some good changes and I am hopeful they will continue to improve reliability on this platform.  Russ did tell me about the 28 round version that is still being developed and he is supposed to get some soon for testing before they go into full production.  According to Russ, the 28 round magazine will be shorter to so that standard AR-15 gear will be able to hold the magazines.  In other words, you wont have to sacrifice space on your rig like you do with the 30 rounders.  I would gladly give up two rounds to more easily fit standard rigs many of us already own.
Im not advertising for Russ, but I would like to help get the word out to the community about him and the products he offers.  Visit his site at http://libertygunworksinc.com/   He also developed a new bolt designed to handle the abuse of the steel cased ammo for the 7.62x39 which has been tested in various rigs for upwards of 10,000 rounds with no issues.  I finally seem to have a AR-47 I can be proud of and most of all, DEPEND on.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 7:27:03 PM EDT
[#11]
TAG
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top