Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2014 1:26:16 AM EDT
I am considering a 300 Blackout and was curious about the twists used in the guns.
If I were to use a 16" barrel and want to shoot bullets that way around from 125 grains to 150 grains at upper end velocities, what twist should I be looking for ?
Thanks
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 3:33:08 AM EDT
[#1]
1:8 twist will work fine but a lot of the barrel manufactures are starting to go with 1:7 twist barrels to stabilize the heavier 240gr+ subsonics.

For your application either would work just fine.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 6:42:53 AM EDT
[#2]
If you will not shoot subsonics or bullets over ~180 grains then a 1:10 barrel would be good based on your intended use. Since most 300BLK barrels are designed with subsonics in mind you may have a hard time finding a twist slower than ~1:8. A faster twist will have little effect on accuracy and will allow you to scratch the subsonic itch when it bites.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 9:48:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I am considering a 300 Blackout and was curious about the twists used in the guns.
If I were to use a 16" barrel and want to shoot bullets that way around from 125 grains to 150 grains at upper end velocities, what twist should I be looking for ?
Thanks
View Quote

I have a 1:7, It eats anything I feed it.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top