Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/20/2014 5:07:50 AM EDT
I've acquired a KAC SR25 complete upper and I need a .308 lower to mate it to. KAC lowers are made out of unobtainum and can't be found. Does anybody know if there is another .308 lower out there that will fit it? I can't get a positive answer from any manufacturer. I don't care who's name is on it as long as it fits.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 6:10:25 AM EDT
[#1]
It will fit LMT and Larue Tactical, but also difficult to find the lowers by themselves.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 6:39:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Palmetto SA now has their own line for .308 based on the SR25. Might try that?
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 7:25:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Is based off the dpms, not the SR25. The rear angle of the upper and lower are different. Mega Arms might fit, Genesis Inc sells an 80% lower that fits, and possibly a 100% as well. If you can find an Armalite AR10A lower,those should work as well.

The main problem will be the pivot and takedown pins. Matrix aerospace lowers are the same profile as well.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 9:00:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Is based off the dpms, not the SR25. The rear angle of the upper and lower are different. Mega Arms might fit, Genesis Inc sells an 80% lower that fits, and possibly a 100% as well. If you can find an Armalite AR10A lower,those should work as well.

The main problem will be the pivot and takedown pins. Matrix aerospace lowers are the same profile as well.

Good luck.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good luck.

I'm not sure if the take down and Pivot pin diamter is the same on the Mega or the Matrix.  Someone in the Mega Maten thread should be able to measure their pins and let you know.  KAC and LMT use 0.281" pins.  Most of the others are slightly smaller.  Worst case you would have to use a bushing in your upper to get the smaller pins to fit.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 3:31:35 AM EDT
[#5]
I have a MaTen set, but no calipers, so can't help there. I thought I remembered a thread where the MaTen lower fit on the SR25 upper, or maybe it was the other way around?

Either way, the pins are going to be the issue. The Genesis Inc website has alot of info regarding the pins, I just can't find it again. Their website isn't the most user friendly, so I'll need to search again on my next toilet break.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 5:22:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Good luck.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good luck.

Yeah, just saw that.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 8:04:10 PM EDT
[#7]
If you look on the Genesis page on the upper receiver, it says the KAC/LMT upper has .281 pin size.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top