Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/22/2014 9:12:38 PM EDT
I'm wondering if they are noticeably lighter than the current lr-308? Do they seem to be well built?  I want an AR in .308 but the weight is kinda holding me back.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:15:46 PM EDT
[#1]
There's a 23* page thread going on a little further down in this subsection.  People report that yes they feel lighter, they seem to be decently built, and yes a decent continuation of the AR10 game.

The price point and the weight looks great.. I'm waiting to see what kind of extended use reports we hear on them.  Accurate, lightweight Ar10's at affordable prices?  Awesome.  I'm just as excited as the next guy.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:23:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There's a 23* page thread going on a little further down in this subsection.  People report that yes they feel lighter, they seem to be decently built, and yes a decent continuation of the AR10 game.

The price point and the weight looks great.. I'm waiting to see what kind of extended use reports we hear on them.  Accurate, lightweight Ar10's at affordable prices?  Awesome.  I'm just as excited as the next guy.
View Quote

Ok thanks, I'll take a look. I should've searched it, but it's late and I'm tired.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 9:49:36 AM EDT
[#3]
I handled one last week.  It felt light, but the balance was massively front heavy and the overall feel was typical DPMS- it's a budget gun.  The balance wasn't desirable to me.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 9:58:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I handled one last week.  It felt light, but the balance was massively front heavy and the overall feel was typical DPMS- it's a budget gun.  The balance wasn't desirable to me.
View Quote

People are saying that the hunter is a better balance/fit.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 11:12:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would agree the Hunter version seems to be the most desirable IMHO. As soon as they (DPMS) releases a .260 Remington (or 7mm-08) Hunter version I am In.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 3:56:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I would agree the Hunter version seems to be the most desirable IMHO. As soon as they (DPMS) releases a .260 Remington (or 7mm-08) Hunter version I am In.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Would be nice to see the hunter version with a threaded barrel.  It's too damn bad they have 6-7 different choices and all of them have some sort of goofy to them.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 5:35:24 PM EDT
[#7]
I believe they are the lightest 308 AR out right now, there are several models that weigh around 7.25-7.8 pounds.  The only other one close to that I know of is the M&P10 at 7.8 pounds.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 5:51:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Just waiting on DPMS to release parts.  I'd rather build my own as none of the factory models are close to what I want.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 8:40:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Would be nice to see the hunter version with a threaded barrel.  It's too damn bad they have 6-7 different choices and all of them have some sort of goofy to them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree.  DPMS is really good at getting it almost right.  I bought the Hunter and had the barrel threaded.  I'd buy one of their 16" rifle gas AR15s if it had a faster than 1-9 twist.  It would be perfect for a suppressor host, but I shoot a lot of 77 grain SMKs and I don't want to risk a baffle strike.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 10:13:52 PM EDT
[#10]
The Windham Weaponry 308 is pretty light as well.  I am pretty happy with mine.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top