Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/20/2014 7:33:36 PM EDT
I was going to build an AR10 from an 80% receiver, but picked up a Quentin Defense 308 lower with DPMS upper, BCG, charging handle and DPMS 20 round mag for cheap. I have a barrel extension that I had picked up last year and have a 1/10 twist 30 cal barrel blank sitting on the rack in the shop that is just screaming to be joined to the extension..

Link Posted: 7/20/2014 8:01:30 PM EDT
[#1]
I just picked up a QD .308 lower yesterday. Never really planned on building a .308 but couldn't pass up the price on the lower. Not sure what I'm going to do with it. You may have got yours at the same place.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 8:17:42 PM EDT
[#2]
What's the deal with the forward assist and brass deflector being combined? I've never seen that before.  It looks like it would be too high up to engage the divots on the carrier.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 8:42:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What's the deal with the forward assist and brass deflector being combined? I've never seen that before.  It looks like it would be too high up to engage the divots on the carrier.
View Quote

On a DPMS Gen 1 pattern AR, the forward assist doesn't engage notches in the bolt carrier like a regular AR. The assist hand pushed on a shoulder on the bolt carrier.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 10:33:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

On a DPMS Gen 1 pattern AR, the forward assist doesn't engage notches in the bolt carrier like a regular AR. The assist hand pushed on a shoulder on the bolt carrier.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hmmm.... weird. Learn something new everyday.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 9:09:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I just picked up a QD .308 lower yesterday. Never really planned on building a .308 but couldn't pass up the price on the lower. Not sure what I'm going to do with it. You may have got yours at the same place.
View Quote

I got mine from a private seller at the PHX show.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 5:29:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I got mine from Quick Guns. They had them on close out for $125 and I was lucky enough to get the last one.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 10:57:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Got a few more things done..

Barrel blank is profiled, extension is threaded on the barrel.. just need to cut the chamber then cut barrel to length and thread the muzzle 5/8x24 for suppressor mount.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top