Link Posted: 7/20/2014 6:59:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 7:01:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 7:07:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
By the way, in say a five round hunting mag, would you guys rather a short mag, or a longer mag riveted to 5 rounds for easier handling?
View Quote

I'd like a 10rd 6.8 mag, in the 20rd standard 5.56 body size. Be great if it could be straight walled, but doubt it wthe the 6.8 taper.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 8:27:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Sorry, our automated robotic teleporter machine was broken, so we had to break down pallet loads and fulfill orders by hand and send them by USPS.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I also remember the months long wait for delivery of "in stock" magazines.
Sorry, our automated robotic teleporter machine was broken, so we had to break down pallet loads and fulfill orders by hand and send them by USPS.  

I understand the physical logistics and demands that so many went through during the time period.  Many (including me) really appreciate the work that was put in by so many.

It was just very frustrating for "in stock ready to ship" advertised product to take that long to actually be shipped.

Would like to see a 20 round 6.8 mag in addition to the larger capacity.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 8:57:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 11:52:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
By the way, in say a five round hunting mag, would you guys rather a short mag, or a longer mag riveted to 5 rounds for easier handling?
View Quote

If they drop free, which my current mags do not, I would go with the smaller. I'd like to see some 10rd or maybe 15rd mags preferably.

I'm glad to see you guys getting into the Grendel platform, quality mags should sell very well
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 9:07:56 PM EDT
[#7]
I'd like to see the longer bodies. Maybe a 15 round version.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 4:10:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'd like to see 10 rounders in a short mag and as many rounds as you can reliably fit in a standard 20 round size mag body.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 4:58:21 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm liking the E-Lander mags right now...What is the maximum COL and are they built like (same type of quality) the H&K-416 (5.56mm NATO) Maritime mags ?

I want to know how they compare to the 5.56mm NATO HK-416 mags especially with regard to maximum Combined Overall Length...

Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 7:11:54 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
As OP states, most manufacturers use the same bodies for both 6.5 and 6.8 mags, but with a different follower for each, or in some cases a hybrid that works for both.

I see the question of COAL has been answered. PRI has been my mainstay, though ASC, C-Products Defense etc have current versions allowing 2.30 give or take. The PRIs have been flawless and always allow the length advertised, where the others have been iffy, sometime low on quality but right on length, or high on quality and low on length.

I am interested in testing one, hopefully funds will allow soon. I have 6 different projectiles / hand loads ready to go that are either 2.295 or 2.30 depending on bullet type that I want to try in this new mag. I looks very good, high quality. If it performs as advertised it will be my new go to mag. Options are great to have, and we've been limited on them.

View Quote

This.

I am now getting away from factory loads. I need something that is consistent in internal length. I also need something that lends itself to prone, so those 26 rounders wont do for me. I have cp, asc, et al, but the dimensions don't lend them selves to my style of precision shooting and loading. I need 10 mags, in a 15 round planform, where i can load to a COAL of 2.3 exactly, or 2.298 consistently, and each mag have that minimum internal tolerance. A bit like Larue mags where i can consistently load to 2.85".  Do that, and I'll dump all my brand new mags from different manufacturers that wont work for my hand loads, and make someone with a 6.5/LBC happy.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top