BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 11:20:48 AM EDT
[#1]
I know one of these guys and they are coming right along with this. It would be a great addition to what is available for the AR line.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 12:15:22 PM EDT
[#2]
I also am eager to see more still on this round some published #' s   I am truly eager for this as I think it will make a nice round for black bear as a variant to the 300 blk that I picked up for deer up here in NH
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 8:16:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Very interested to see if he has pressure data by SHOT. I plan to shoot it at the range day but it will never be anything more than a wildcat until pressure trace tests are done and we can all be certain its not going to blow up in our face. Im still waiting for pics and actual info on what makes his bolt 30+% stronger than the best quality bolt on the market.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 11:28:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Very interested to see if he has pressure data by SHOT. I plan to shoot it at the range day but it will never be anything more than a wildcat until pressure trace tests are done and we can all be certain its not going to blow up in our face. Im still waiting for pics and actual info on what makes his bolt 30+% stronger than the best quality bolt on the market.
View Quote

Wanna know......Young Manufacturing and I collaborating on a new proprietary bolt design that is heavy duty in the right places that's what.  I was running a plain jane .458 socom bolt when I designed this cartridge but even I know that's not enough.   It's weak even for pushing that low pressure cartridge.   This cartridge is no different and because it too increased bore size and decreased pressures, we can run that bolt as well.   But will it stand the test of time and would I want to put my name on it?   Heck no!   I redesigned it and made it better and warranty it 100%

Here is some new info for you guys if you missed out nationally.  We also are pushing 195 and 200 grain projectiles 2478 and 2518 fps out of the cartridge.

Keep tuned in to our you tube channel for more as well.....
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2014/09/24/update-375-reaper-whiskey-3-precision-systems/
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 10:43:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Things like pics of it compared to a regular .470 bolt face or the alloy used or if it has some super treatment process. None of those are proprietary,  no one is asking for dimensions just what makes it 30% stronger over regular bolts. I just dont see how you can reinforce the lugs like needed while using a standard barrel extension. The lugs can only be so long and so wide and still fit in a regular barrel extension. Youre still planning on having some examples to for shooting on the Monday range day at SHOT right? Hows your SAAMI submission coming? Since someone submitted it for you can you show us the pressure trace data? If its been submitted like you said then its already pressure tested.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 4:17:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Things like pics of it compared to a regular .470 bolt face or the alloy used or if it has some super treatment process. None of those are proprietary,  no one is asking for dimensions just what makes it 30% stronger over regular bolts. I just dont see how you can reinforce the lugs like needed while using a standard barrel extension. The lugs can only be so long and so wide and still fit in a regular barrel extension. Youre still planning on having some examples to for shooting on the Monday range day at SHOT right? Hows your SAAMI submission coming? Since someone submitted it for you can you show us the pressure trace data? If its been submitted like you said then its already pressure tested.
View Quote

I dunno who said it was submitted to Sammi because it wasn't me and is probably some sidebar from someone else.  I was told that by Dave Kiff that he had someone that would be able to assist me in submitting it if I wanted to do do so.   I am not interested in doing so what so ever submitting anything to SAMMI .....I am having pressure trace testing done by someone in the industry
and we will be just fine.   Await the results just like everyone else is all I can say.  But as a very knowledgeable reloader.....we aren't running higher pressures than you guys think.  Shot show stuff has been up in there since the main range day access has been limited.   We are looking ar having a range locally with some other guys to have folks test the weapon.   Dealing with the bolt itself is proprietary. ....talk to Young Manufacturing and see how far that gets you because it's him and I's collaboration to make a better bolt within the limits of the standard AR 15 bolt extension.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 7:19:28 PM EDT
[#7]
 I was running a plain jane .458 socom bolt when I designed this cartridge but even I know that's not enough.   It's weak even for pushing that low pressure cartridge.
View Quote

I'd like just one reference to a broken "weak" 458 socom bolt.  Any sort of data will work.  A few pics, maybe even a forum post?  It's been around for 10 years surely you could find one?   If the 458 socom bolt is weak then all ar15 bolts must be, except your new one of course...  You do realize the pressure limit of the 458 socom was chosen to keep the loading on the "weak" bolt the same as in a 5.56 right?  Sure you can make a non standard barrel extension and use exotic materials in the bolt and extension.  The price is going to be ridiculous.  

Wait 200gr at 2500fps?   Does anyone buy your BS at this point?  A 375 Winchester can't even pull that off. 42gr of h322 will only get you 2419fps.  Heck it's not easy for a full 308 Winchester to push a 200gr bullet 2500fps...  It's about 50k-60k psi or more to make it happen. Again, with a FULL 308 case... What powder do you think you could pack enough in that small area to do what you claim?     You could at least try to keep this believable.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 8:31:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Could you use the BR bolt from ARP?  Or do you need a larger diameter barrel tennon
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 9:30:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I'd like just one reference to a broken "weak" 458 socom bolt.  Any sort of data will work.  A few pics, maybe even a forum post?  It's been around for 10 years surely you could find one?   If the 458 socom bolt is weak then all ar15 bolts must be, except your new one of course...  You do realize the pressure limit of the 458 socom was chosen to keep the loading on the "weak" bolt the same as in a 5.56 right?  Sure you can make a non standard barrel extension and use exotic materials in the bolt and extension.  The price is going to be ridiculous.  

Wait 200gr at 2500fps?   Does anyone buy your BS at this point?  A 375 Winchester can't even pull that off. 42gr of h322 will only get you 2419fps.  Heck it's not easy for a full 308 Winchester to push a 200gr bullet 2500fps...  It's about 50k-60k psi or more to make it happen. Again, with a FULL 308 case... What powder do you think you could pack enough in that small area to do what you claim?     You could at least try to keep this believable.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
 I was running a plain jane .458 socom bolt when I designed this cartridge but even I know that's not enough.   It's weak even for pushing that low pressure cartridge.

Keep making me look better and yourself look worse dude......I have the video posted on you tube.....the proof is there.   No tricks....no bull shit.  I know I wasn't high when I created this cartridge and "Haters Like you make me famous"!   Keep talking about it and pushing the agenda like you know everything there is to know and when you can show me that you have undertaken a task as I have .....let me know.   I'm done with the forum bull shit and you key board warrior types that think you know it all.   One reason why you don't see big name manufacturers stooping to the level of you guys and I'm about to do the same.  

Link Posted: 9/26/2014 9:42:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Keep making me look better and yourself look worse dude......I have the video posted on you tube.....the proof is there.   No tricks....no bull shit.  I know I wasn't high when I created this cartridge and "Haters Like you make me famous"!   Keep talking about it and pushing the agenda like you know everything there is to know and when you can show me that you have undertaken a task as I have .....let me know.   I'm done with the forum bull shit and you key board warrior types that think you know it all.   One reason why you don't see big name manufacturers stooping to the level of you guys and I'm about to do the same.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You don't have anything tech to add, so you will not be missed on this forum. You can make any claim you want but it means nothing without data to back it up.
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 10:21:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Losing the condescending attitude would do wonders for your credibility as well.

Blasting people for asking simple questions isn't helping and makes it look like you are hiding something.

The initial impression of being an asshole does not inspire confidence either.
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 11:03:53 AM EDT
[#12]
I think everyone should just shut up. If he pulls it off and it comes to fruition and does what he claims it will, excellent. If not, the world will keep spinning.
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 12:30:16 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm tagging this. I only get 2450 in two 16" 308 auto loaders with 175 smk's. If you can safely get the same velocity with a heavier projectile in a smaller case with 25-30% less powder all in a smaller platform, I'm buying one. We have heard a lot about the potential for some cases with a high neck/bolt face ratio being able to generate higher than expected velocities (I.e. The blackout). Maybe that same phenomenon is at work here.
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 6:29:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I'm tagging this. I only get 2450 in two 16" 308 auto loaders with 175 smk's. If you can safely get the same velocity with a heavier projectile in a smaller case with 25-30% less powder all in a smaller platform, I'm buying one. We have heard a lot about the potential for some cases with a high neck/bolt face ratio being able to generate higher than expected velocities (I.e. The blackout). Maybe that same phenomenon is at work here.
View Quote

For sure the expansion ratio of this cartridge favors it, bit I got 2525 with 225 grain bullets in my old 9.3x57 {FN M98 action} and tho I might have been able to go as far as 2600 {maybe...w/ nil for case life} I wanted none of it.  And that was with a 24 inch barrel.

I really don't see how his claims can hold water either and am among those who would love them to be true and for that would like to see more proof.
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 6:53:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Finally someone who gets the science........I've done my homework when it comes to this.   I didn't just fall off a pumpkin truck ..bump my head and claim a bunch of marlarky to make a dollar.  I'm freaking Retired from the Army and had an Insurance agency before having to focus full time on this.  So money isn't in the equation.  Guys can claim I'm wrong about this all day long....next you will hear I video edited an Ar10 shooting in my video instead of my cartridge in the the AR 15 shown.    

It stands on it own 2 feet Right Now and I could give crap less what the critics think they know.  They weren't there....nor were they there when it was conceived.  When they under take a task as I have and do something even remotely close then we can talk.   Here's something to think about guys and not directed at Ronn....  " Haters make me Famous"   Proves a very valid point. ...thanks for the exposure fellas....much abliged!!

Whiskey 3 out........
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 11:40:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Finally someone who gets the science........I've done my homework when it comes to this.   I didn't just fall off a pumpkin truck ..bump my head and claim a bunch of marlarky to make a dollar.  I'm freaking Retired from the Army and had an Insurance agency before having to focus full time on this.  So money isn't in the equation.  Guys can claim I'm wrong about this all day long....next you will hear I video edited an Ar10 shooting in my video instead of my cartridge in the the AR 15 shown.    

It stands on it own 2 feet Right Now and I could give crap less what the critics think they know.  They weren't there....nor were they there when it was conceived.  When they under take a task as I have and do something even remotely close then we can talk.   Here's something to think about guys and not directed at Ronn....  " Haters make me Famous"   Proves a very valid point. ...thanks for the exposure fellas....much abliged!!

Whiskey 3 out........
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Whiskey 3 out........

What's the eta on being able to get a barrel, set of dies and 250 pieces of brass?
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 12:20:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Dies are what the hold up at the moment.......they are being finished up and should be done in a few weeks.  Barrels are available now....brass is also available.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 5:03:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Website is down so....

How much are barrels bolts brass and dies ?

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 6:44:10 PM EDT
[#19]
I think the end product will speak for itself. If you don't like it don't buy it. I believe that there is sound experience and science going into this. I myself have plans on buying a rifle, suppressor and dies.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 7:47:04 PM EDT
[#20]
My IT guy is finishing up the website to make it more user friendly. ...and add the NVG and thermal stuff we sell from Armasight.
Email me direct at [email protected]
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 7:48:40 PM EDT
[#21]
I agree TisforTennessee.....it's such a simple stupid concept that it baffles many and understood by few.

If you have any questions email me at [email protected] for pricing or tech questions.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 7:45:08 AM EDT
[#22]
http://i.imgur.com/v2nyo.jpg

I've been messing with something similar based on a Grendle case for a few years now.  Subsonic, through a Liberty 9mm can , its pretty quiet.
I get the feeling these guys are onto something.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:33:35 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
http://i.imgur.com/v2nyo.jpg

I've been messing with something similar based on a Grendle case for a few years now.  Subsonic, through a Liberty 9mm can , its pretty quiet.
I get the feeling these guys are onto something.
View Quote

Im interested as well....
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 1:16:12 PM EDT
[#24]
A little update for you guys that aren't on Facebook.

W3PS "Whiskey 3 Precision Systems" LLC
No the barrel extension is not modified. ....all these guys saying it's some secret material and this and that are full of hot air. Our testing is that this cartridge is running in the mid to high 40k psi rating and when you increase bore diameter you decrease pressures. ...hence why the socom runs at low pressures compared to 300 aac. Actual pressure tests are being done now on the cartridge and will be back in the next few weeks

Picture of bolt face:

Picture of bolt:

Picture of BCG:

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:00:17 PM EDT
[#25]
This using a regular .308 bolt and carrier group OR a .308 bolt on a mil-spec carrier group?
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 6:59:55 PM EDT
[#26]
Except the bore diameter is smaller than 458 so that statement doesnt make sense. Nice to finally see bolt pictures. Interested to hear what makes it so much stronger given the same dimensions as every other bolt out there since it uses a standard barrel extension.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 2:50:27 PM EDT
[#27]
The below was posted by BigBore in a 458 thread where the issue of bolt thrust on this size bolt was discussed quite a bit. Regardless, however, if this is delivered as promised, I'll get one.  

It is not the pressures in the AR platform that limit things any more than it is the pressures in the Contender. It is back thrust and what the bolt lugs will take before damage starts to happen. To equal the back thrust on the bolt lugs that the smaller 5.56 has, the larger diameter bolt face of the .458 SOCOM, to equal the same back thrust pressures, has to reduce maximum pressure. Since there is no easy formula, not even for Marty to use, that takes into account body taper and other intangibles that affect back thrust, the formula for straight out back thrust is quite simple. Area of the bolt face multiplied by maximum pressure. So the SOCOM works out to be 35000 PSI as does the .50 Beowulf. The Bushmaster gets around this, as does Olympic, by using specially heat treated or redesigned bolts or bolt systems. Since the SOCOM and the Beowulf use pretty much standard AR bolts just opened up to .308 size, pressures must be reduced for proper bolt life. Now, if you exceed the back thrust limit will the gun explode? Of course not, but the bolt lugs will be stressed and with time, as with any metal that is stressed, cracks will happen and the lugs will break. Eventually something will let go, and there is at least one case where an overzealous reloaded (458socomforums, first board) who ignored all the warnings eventually blew up his rifle. It took several hundred rounds loaded way hotter than anything Marty or anyone else was telling him was safe but when it let loose the guy was lucky that all he lost was is rifle and pride.

True, Marty has said that nobody really knows for certain what the limit is because there has been no scientific study done to test the bolts to destruction while being used in the .458 S. But that is him condoning pushing the SOCOM up past 35000 psi as some have been prone to interpret. However, we do know that at 35000 psi nobody has reported any bolts turning loose. Yes, some bolts have broken and barrel extensions have broken, but in the few cases that this has happened it was due to improperly heat treated barrel extensions and bolts, mostly a small and limited batch of RR barrel extensions done a few years ago, so if you have a RR rifle a few years old there is no need to panic. If it has not broken by now it is not going to. But we do know that there have been a few cases where those who have pushed the SOCOM up into the 45,000 psi range (and higher) and kept it there, as evident of constant flattened primers and case head expansion and brass flow, have experienced failures after prolonged use at these pressures.

So, be smart, be safe, and any case you choose to use, figure the maximum operating pressure by calculation back thrust if you are using the AR platform. BT is again, area of the case head (Pi*radius squared) multiplied by maximum pressure. Once you figure the BT for the 5.56, to find the new case maximum pressure, take max BT and divide it by the area of the case head to yield maximum pressure. Notice caliber has no influence what so ever.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 9:22:59 PM EDT
[#28]
I just want to issue an open apology to John at whiskey3precision on this site. I have spoken to him personally and he is professional and knowledgeable. I can say he has changed the mind of this skeptic.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 10:52:58 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I just want to issue an open apology to John at whiskey3precision on this site. I have spoken to him personally and he is professional and knowledgeable. I can say he has changed the mind of this skeptic.
View Quote

/APPLAUD

Its good to see people be able to actually talk it out and then realize if they may have said more then they should have apologize for doing so ...
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 1:11:41 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

it's all good brother,  like I said I'm no different from you as a skeptic on gimmicks ect in anything in life.  We did things the right way from the beginning feeding off of past mishaps in the industry and things that needed to be addressed with components that could be built better.  
I appreciate the public apology but just know you didn't have to par say.  We are both grown boys and can take a little rough housing I'm sure....lol.  

Glad you called and you can actually see now what I was saying though....

Can't wait for you to bust a bear square in the chest with this beast and tell us the story!!
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 1:41:25 PM EDT
[#31]
Once this thing hits the market in force, if it ever does which is of course an unknown, I think all the facts will become known fairly quickly.

To paraphrase what I said earlier, what's not to like about a medium bore cartridge in the AR?  I get a chuckle about some of the reviews I've read online, more or less complaining about "another" chambering in the AR system, as if that is a bad thing.

Like we should stick to the 8x57 in the Mauser 98?

By all means, the AR system while it was originally developed around the 7.62 NATO in the "Big" AR and the .223/5.56 in the "Little" AR, means nothing as far as what it could become.  Why NOT a platform for many cartridges?  Well, we are to some degree headed that way.

Even if this thing gins up only 2200 fps with a 200 grain bullet in real-world loads, who cares?  It would still be quite useful.

I've spent a good chunk of my life killing game with the 9.3x57, 9.3x62 and .375 H&H Magnum. Friends use the .35 Remington every year to kill bear.  Why NOT a light carbine in this "tiny" caliber?  And going more, but sort of "backwards", I'd like to see a bolt gun with a "mini-Mauser" action chambered in this thing.

I must say I still find it hard to believe we will see 200 grain bullets routinely getting ejected from carbine barrels at 2400 fps with safe pressures but if we do this thing will be all that much better!!

Carry on W3 and thanks for the post and promotion of what I think is a pretty neat new caliber.

PS/ETA:  Does anybody remember the .35 cal wildcat written up in Guns & Ammo years ago?  It was based on an opened up 7.62x39 case and looked great tho I do not recall what the actual ballistics were.  I never bought one but this one looks neat.  Besides, I have piles and piles of .375 cal bullets laying around.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 11:42:02 AM EDT
[#32]

ALL great points bud.....and yes this thing Does spin up 195 / 200 grain projectiles safely at 2400+ fps.   There is plenty of data we've compiled to include showing folks the primer on that 2519 fps shot and the primer is still semi rounded.  The bolt is guaranteed and tested from the factory to hold up to 60k psi + and I've tried to blow it up and haven't been successful at all.   Barrel extentions are rated for what we are doing as well and show no issues.  We start shipping units in the next few weeks and a few industry guys already have them in their hands.  Recoil Magazine is actually featuring this cartridge in one of their up coming issues as well.  It's a reality and wait til you guys see the numbers we post with the 180 grain Lehigh Defense projectiles that we are using down in Texas hunting hogs at night from helos. ....your gonna crap your pants.  

We will be here for the long haul and hope to keep you guys entertained to say the least...
Regards,
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 12:51:41 PM EDT
[#33]
This round has a lot of great possibilities, hope it works out great for you...I believe it will, best of luck.

Email sent BTW...

Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 1:14:02 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

PS/ETA:  Does anybody remember the .35 cal wildcat written up in Guns & Ammo years ago?  It was based on an opened up 7.62x39 case and looked great tho I do not recall what the actual ballistics were.  I never bought one but this one looks neat.  Besides, I have piles and piles of .375 cal bullets laying around.
View Quote

I believe it was the 358 Gremlin.180's at over 2300FPS. I like the Beo, and the Grendel(have both), but cartridges that rely on the x39 bolt tend to turn me off. This .375 Reaper running at pressure (safely) could be a potential platform for other wildcats. Shorten the case a bit, and stick a 6.5 bullet in it with some faster powder and one might get 260 velocity. Bearing surface of the bullet would become an issue with pressure spiking probably, but it is an idea to chew on. A mini WSSM sort of, but without the extension breakage, and extractor issues.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 1:18:18 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

ALL great points bud.....and yes this thing Does spin up 195 / 200 grain projectiles safely at 2400+ fps.   There is plenty of data we've compiled to include showing folks the primer on that 2519 fps shot and the primer is still semi rounded.  The bolt is guaranteed and tested from the factory to hold up to 60k psi + and I've tried to blow it up and haven't been successful at all.   Barrel extentions are rated for what we are doing as well and show no issues.  We start shipping units in the next few weeks and a few industry guys already have them in their hands.  Recoil Magazine is actually featuring this cartridge in one of their up coming issues as well.  It's a reality and wait til you guys see the numbers we post with the 180 grain Lehigh Defense projectiles that we are using down in Texas hunting hogs at night from helos. ....your gonna crap your pants.  

We will be here for the long haul and hope to keep you guys entertained to say the least...
Regards,
View Quote

I apologize if this was already stated in this thread, but what would a carbine length upper with sights cost?

Link Posted: 10/8/2014 4:46:06 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Regards,
View Quote

Is your bolt a proprietary one or is it a normal .308 DPMS pattern bolt on a regular BCG or proprietary BCG?
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 4:58:37 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Once this thing hits the market in force, if it ever does which is of course an unknown, I think all the facts will become known fairly quickly.

To paraphrase what I said earlier, what's not to like about a medium bore cartridge in the AR?  I get a chuckle about some of the reviews I've read online, more or less complaining about "another" chambering in the AR system, as if that is a bad thing.

Like we should stick to the 8x57 in the Mauser 98?

By all means, the AR system while it was originally developed around the 7.62 NATO in the "Big" AR and the .223/5.56 in the "Little" AR, means nothing as far as what it could become.  Why NOT a platform for many cartridges?  Well, we are to some degree headed that way.

Even if this thing gins up only 2200 fps with a 200 grain bullet in real-world loads, who cares?  It would still be quite useful.

I've spent a good chunk of my life killing game with the 9.3x57, 9.3x62 and .375 H&H Magnum. Friends use the .35 Remington every year to kill bear.  Why NOT a light carbine in this "tiny" caliber?  And going more, but sort of "backwards", I'd like to see a bolt gun with a "mini-Mauser" action chambered in this thing.

I must say I still find it hard to believe we will see 200 grain bullets routinely getting ejected from carbine barrels at 2400 fps with safe pressures but if we do this thing will be all that much better!!

Carry on W3 and thanks for the post and promotion of what I think is a pretty neat new caliber.

View Quote

Gremlin perhaps?
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 7:31:16 PM EDT
[#38]
Any size barrel up to 16 inches are $900 complete ready to set on a lower.
No sights are provided
Quad rail is free float....
Email me direct for further info on pricing.

[email protected]
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 7:34:18 PM EDT
[#39]
Is your bolt a proprietary one or is it a normal .308 DPMS pattern bolt on a regular BCG or proprietary BCG?

the bolt is 100% proprietary. ....the reason for this is again ensuring we have this cartridge running flawlessly on the AR 15 platform and it's something we could guarantee and be proud of.
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 1:37:57 AM EDT
[#40]
$900, and only uppers sold? I'm out. Let us know when you will produce barrel bolt combo's, In the mean time I think I will go with the 358 MGP.
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 3:28:10 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
$900, and only uppers sold? I'm out. Let us know when you will produce barrel bolt combo's, In the mean time I think I will go with the 358 MGP.
View Quote

I agree.  I was pretty surprised, too.

Pretty funny, actually.  Or maybe I should say ridiculous.

ETA:  It's kinda funny that I'd never heard of the 358 MGP before but after seeing the price of the .375 had a look at it.  Not too shabby in its own right.
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 7:54:52 AM EDT
[#42]
Was really Interested in a barrel, bolt, & die kit, but at $900 for a upper...well that puts it out of
most people's price range, Including mine...
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 11:10:12 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

They already exist as well.....barrel and bolt only combo is $380
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 11:14:53 AM EDT
[#44]
Hey guys.....no need for complaints about price.  $900 for a complete upper for this NEW caliber is way less than Wilson Combats uppers in .458 socom or 6.8spc and the same quality in parts and workmanship is there as well.   You can build your own from components for less......guys have been pre ordering them at this price for a few months.   No complaints till now.....

Link Posted: 10/10/2014 11:18:20 AM EDT
[#45]
You guys have any pricing questions email me at [email protected]
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 11:20:10 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

ETA:  It's kinda funny that I'd never heard of the 358 MGP before but after seeing the price of the .375 had a look at it.  Not too shabby in its own right.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you don't like it listen for more options....no need to be a stick in mud and be nasty.   Prices on the complete upper is way less than most of the high quality competition ......the quality here is no different.   We don't release junk and dime a dozen parts and materials for you guys to eventually complain about once again.   You get what you pay for in life .....quality is no different.
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 11:26:51 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Does that Include the dies ? If not, how much are the dies ?
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 12:06:45 PM EDT
[#48]
I think the bolt and barrel price is quite reasonable.  I think I paid 160 for the ARP bolt/Extension for the BR size head casing.  Higher strength steel for the bolt and extension as well as heat treating a special item costs more than standard items.  I would imagine the barrel is also 4150CMV (or better) for the extra burst strength.

I have one of the ARP 270AR setups and am working on a 358 version of the same cartridge.  I can believe the velocity as it should push a 375 bullet faster than an equal weight 358 bullet with same pressure.  I think this would be a great sister round to my other two.  Now I just need a second job.
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 1:04:32 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

dies are CH4D Dies for $85.00
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 1:07:02 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I think the bolt and barrel price is quite reasonable.  I think I paid 160 for the ARP bolt/Extension for the BR size head casing.  Higher strength steel for the bolt and extension as well as heat treating a special item costs more than standard items.  I would imagine the barrel is also 4150CMV (or better) for the extra burst strength.

I have one of the ARP 270AR setups and am working on a 358 version of the same cartridge.  I can believe the velocity as it should push a 375 bullet faster than an equal weight 358 bullet with same pressure.  I think this would be a great sister round to my other two.  Now I just need a second job.
View Quote

Finally someone who gets what QUALITY means when it comes to ensuring a durable and combat ready product.    Thank you!!
Page / 5
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top